Turnigy 9x > ER9x > XJT Telemetry issue

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
Ectraz

Turnigy 9x > ER9x > XJT Telemetry issue

Post by Ectraz »

Hey guys, was wondering if someone could lend a hand.

I've got a Turnigy 9x flashed with Er9x using XJT Module with latest firmware bound to the XSR Reciever on my racing Quad.

I'm trying to get basic telemetry on the 9x for beeps to warn of low battery using SmartPort.

I've connected the smart port to the control board, but getting nothing back on the 9x at all wondered if I'm missing something?

Thanks! :)

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Turnigy 9x > ER9x > XJT Telemetry issue

Post by MikeB »

What hardware mods have you done to the 9X for telemetry?

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Moska

Post by Moska »

Hi all,

I bought a XJT and XSR receiver recently to upgrade my old DJT module on my TX ER9X M64 Version: R820.
I have some mods like Voice and Telemetry (without inverter and external wires) working well on DJT module with some D receivers.

In this moment, I already bond XJT and XSR and they are working well with telemetry after did a homemade TTL to RS232 using a discrete CI MAX232N and 4 capacitors 1uF.

Now I am trying to find a way to show Telemetry from my old "D" series receivers, until now without success :(

I didn't do any modification on the XJT module. (I don't know if I need to do some thing here too. Do I need?)

Please, do you know if is it possible to receive telemetry from X Series and D series on the same XJT module? If the answer is YES, please could you help me to understand where I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your attention

Moska.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

This should work. I just tested it on a 9X with er9x and it all works fine.
In the protocol menu, select PXX as the protocol, and D8 as the type, then use the bind option to bind to the receiver.
For the telemetry connection, connect the SPort signal (3-pin connector) to the inverter that goes to the processor serial input.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
Moska

Post by Moska »

Thank you Mike!

It was my fault! I was using PXX configuration for X series and PPM for D series :oops:

After your instruction PXX and D8 telemetry start to work :)

I followed your instruction from this link below

https://github.com/MikeBland/er9x/blob/ ... ryMods.pdf

In this moment, the only difference is the Capacitors on the homemade converter. Do you think that is better to change my C1 to C5 from 1uF to 0.1uF? Of course, I would like to avoid problems near future.

Many thanks for your help!

One more question! I am testing this link with Betaflight over SBUS connection on the XRS receiver.
Only for test, this moment, I am trying to check all 16 channel without success. Until now, although, I can see 18 channel fields, I only can see 10 channels working. Is it right?

BR,
Moska.

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

No problem with the capacitors, they are only used for the transmission (from TTL to RS232) and hav no effect on the receive telemetry conversion.
All 16 channels should work, I assume you have something set in the mixer for channels 9 to 16.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
Moska

Post by Moska »

Nice to know that there are no problem with capacitors, thanks for this explanation

All 16 channels should work, I assume you have something set in the mixer for channels 9 to 16.

Yes I set ruder and P1 on the others channels to check if they will work, unfortunately, only channels 9 and 10 worked. Channels from 11 to 16 kept the value of 1500.

1- I tried to rebind the XSR
2- Start a new model on the ER9X
3-Clear all the configuration on the Flight Control and start a new configuration

After this third procedure, I detected all the 16 channels :). Probably one more mistake that I did :oops:
Sorry for this inconvenience, and many thanks for all your support!

Now I will perform some range test in a field. :D :D :D

Best Regards,
Moska.

Return to “er9x”