"Delay" on low bat of telemetry

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
philsson

"Delay" on low bat of telemetry

Post by philsson »

Hi guys. I love the firmware but one thing I can't get my head around is how to constrain the voltage warnings so that the voltage has to be under a certain threshold for at least "this time". I fly small fast quadcopters and the battery goes low each time I make a punch out, roll, etc. The OSD does not update that fast to issue a low voltage warning, but the radio seems to buffer these events and after a few minutes of flying when battery is a little lower these warnings of low battery start to speak to me without a break.
What I want help with is setting a constrain. The battery has to be below 14.1V for at least 5 seconds for the radio to say anything.
I've managed to make the radio talk in intervalls "TimerOFF in the logical switches menu" but this way it still activates the voice on punch outs etc. I've managed to get the voice to say "zero" from the "Safety switches" menu with the condition 15sec which works. Problem is it wont say the actual voltage but just the number I can input on the right (no option of source there).

EDIG: Using V1.1004-Mike from 23.05.2015 er9x-r819

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: "Delay" on low bat of telemetry

Post by MikeB »

You don't say how you are measuring the onboard voltage. I'll refer to your battery voltage source as XXX here. YOu will need to use the corect name (e.g. A2, A2, Vfas) for the correct source you are using.
Using er9x, I would suggest the following:
Set a custom switch:
L1: V<ofs XXX 14.1
Now set an unused channel mix (e.g. channel 16) as:
CH16: +100% FULL switch(L1) slow(u:5,d:0)
Finally, a second logical switch:
L2: v>ofs CH16 99
L2 will now be ON if the voltage has been below 14.1V for 5 seconds and will turn OFF as soon as the voltage is 14.1V or higher.
You then just use L2 as the switch in a voice alarm, something like.
VA01: Source XXX, Switch L2, Rate ON, Play source AFTER, and choose a file number.
If the file played is something like "Low Battery", then when L2 turns on you will hear "Low battery 13.8 Volts".
If you set the rate to, say, 10 seconds, then you will hear this message when L2 turns ON, and it will repeat every 10 seconds while L2 remains low.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
philsson

Post by philsson »

MikeB wrote:You don't say how you are measuring the onboard voltage. I'll refer to your battery voltage source as XXX here. YOu will need to use the corect name (e.g. A2, A2, Vfas) for the correct source you are using.
Using er9x, I would suggest the following:
Set a custom switch:
L1: V<ofs XXX 14.1
Now set an unused channel mix (e.g. channel 16) as:
CH16: +100% FULL switch(L1) slow(u:5,d:0)
Finally, a second logical switch:
L2: v>ofs CH16 99
L2 will now be ON if the voltage has been below 14.1V for 5 seconds and will turn OFF as soon as the voltage is 14.1V or higher.
You then just use L2 as the switch in a voice alarm, something like.
VA01: Source XXX, Switch L2, Rate ON, Play source AFTER, and choose a file number.
If the file played is something like "Low Battery", then when L2 turns on you will hear "Low battery 13.8 Volts".
If you set the rate to, say, 10 seconds, then you will hear this message when L2 turns ON, and it will repeat every 10 seconds while L2 remains low.

Mike.
Thanks Mike! I would never had figured this out myself for sure! Not used the "Mixer" tab for anything else than my sticks and switches. Works like a charm! I use different setups, some with the FrSky telemetry where I measure either Cvlt or Ctot and others with A1 where I have sbus receivers.
Made my day!
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Mike, I wonder if implementing a delay option on the logical switches would avoid the channel with slow rain dance.
It would be more straight forward for the user, that is for sure ;)

Thanks

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

Return to “er9x”