Eepe installation and QtCore4.dll missing?

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
mapes12

Eepe installation and QtCore4.dll missing?

Post by mapes12 »

I thought I would try the development version of eepe located here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4598. It's the version dated 30-Apr-2015 00:37 and I wanted to try out the Model Wizard. I already have companion9x v1.52 (2014-01-10) installed on my Windows 7 PC along with the current stable release version of eepe. After downloading the zip file and extracting the .exe for the test version I thought it would be sensible to uninstall the existing version of eepe which I did. However, when I come to install the test version of eepe I get a message saying that the installation cannot proceed because QtCore4.dll is missing (or words to that effect). So, I search my hard drive for the alleged missing .dll file and find it in one of the Companion program files. This started me thinking that companion was conflicting with the eepe test version installation routine so I then uninstalled companion. At this point I thought I should be good to go with installing the eepe test version but I still get the error message about the .dll file. I've googled away for a solution but all I appear to find are sites wanting me to pay for software to tidy up the registry. Has anyone come across the same issue and how was it resolved without purchasing proprietary software?

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Eepe installation and QtCore4.dll missing?

Post by MikeB »

When you install eepe from the googlecode site, it installs all the needed .dll files. The test versions I post are just the .exe, still needing the .dll files that were installed as part of the original installation process.

To use the test versions, you just copy the new eepe.exe to where you have the existing version installed. I usually recommend renaming the existing version of eepe.exe (or saving it somewhere else) just so you can revert if necessary.

So, re-install the stable version of eepe, rename eepe.exe to (say) eepesave.exe, then copy the test version into your eepe installation directory.

Eepe and companion9x should co-exist OK. I have both installed.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
mapes12

Post by mapes12 »

Thanks Mike

I've got it working now. I was looking to try out the Model Wizard but I don't appear to be able to find it? Screenshot attached of the version I've got running.
Attachments
eepe.JPG
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Right click on a model, or empty model slot, and the popup menu should include "Wizard".

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
mapes12

Post by mapes12 »

Perfect! The wizard is easy to use. Thank you.

Return to “er9x”