Taranis EEPE. Will it work on a 9XR Pro?

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
Irish Steve

Taranis EEPE. Will it work on a 9XR Pro?

Post by Irish Steve »

Been looking at the openpilot CC3D hardware, and there's an EEPE file been posted for the Taranis on ER9X, will that load, enough to make sense, on a 9XR Pro transmitter, I'm hoping to be able to use the combination on one of the (Many) Bell 212's that we're working on, and it will help me get my head around some of the complexities of the combination. Plan is to use the CC3D to take some of the stabilisation issues out of the flying of the Bell, as they're a BIG beast, with some challenging characteristics, and the ability to get blade strikes on the tail boom without too much provocation, as my friend discovered last week!, so hopefully, the CC3D will take some of the hassles out of flying it in a stable mode.

Thanks

Steve
Irish Steve

If it was easy, shure, would't we all be doin it?

_

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Taranis EEPE. Will it work on a 9XR Pro?

Post by MikeB »

Unfortunately, there is no conversion available between an eepe for openTx and an eepe for ersky9x.
What you could do, however, is install Companion for openTx and load the eepe file into that, then also run eepskye and hand copy the setup details between them.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Irish Steve

Post by Irish Steve »

Thanks Mike, I guess that I was kind of hoping that there was some commonality, as they's suggested in the Openpilot forum that it might, I'll post a correction over there on that to avoid others getting confused.

Getting back into things again after a break with other stuff, the Bell 212's are flying, (just) on the standard 9X, the plan is to get them working well on the Pro transmitters.

Appreciate the rapid response

Cheers

Steve
Irish Steve

If it was easy, shure, would't we all be doin it?

_
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

You can copy a setup from er9x to ersky9x. Run both eepe and eepskye and just drag and drop a model from eepe to eepskye. eepskye does its best to convert from the er9x format. There may be some things it doesn't quite get right, but most things transfer across OK.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
OctavioS

Post by OctavioS »

Once i "transfered" one model from eepe to eepskye and every "thr" channel in er9x became "ele" in eepskye, so things have to be checked carefully. From Taranis to 9xr-pro and vice versa, only the switches and pots will change and have to be reassigned, but everything has to be rechecked.
2x - Turnigy 9X with 9xtreme board;
2x - Turnigy 9XRpro ;
Frsky Taranis & Taranis +;
Horus x10s;
Horus x12s;
Radiomaster TX16S Max mark II.

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

The conversion of Thr to Ele may have occured because eepe and eepskye didn't both have the same "model version". You need to either choose a default model version in "preferences", or make sure you have updated models by clicking on the version update button(s) in the Model Setup tab.

The conversion from the Taranis you refer to is, I think, that for using erksy9x on the Taranis instead of openTx.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
OctavioS

Post by OctavioS »

MikeB wrote:The conversion of Thr to Ele may have occured because eepe and eepskye didn't both have the same "model version". You need to either choose a default model version in "preferences", or make sure you have updated models by clicking on the version update button(s) in the Model Setup tab.

The conversion from the Taranis you refer to is, I think, that for using erksy9x on the Taranis instead of openTx.

Mike.

Yes it was ersky9x for taranis, and also yes, for what i see it was an old eepe file and i had the most recent eepe and eepskye.
2x - Turnigy 9X with 9xtreme board;
2x - Turnigy 9XRpro ;
Frsky Taranis & Taranis +;
Horus x10s;
Horus x12s;
Radiomaster TX16S Max mark II.

Return to “er9x”