Throttle timer acting really weird after update

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
nineclicks

Throttle timer acting really weird after update

Post by nineclicks »

I recently updated eepe and er9x on my 9X for the first time in quite a while. I completely redid all of the memory manually rather than using the same memory file from the old version.

I have a throttle timer with

CSwitch1, v>ofs, THR, -90
and
Timer mode, SW1, Count up, 00:00

This worked fine before. But now it is counting when my elevation stick is up. And even weirder, it only counts at a normal speed when it is all the way up and it actually counts slower as the stick goes down. I've tried it with CH4 instead of THR, the channel it is on. I have tried using CSwitch2, and TimerB and they all still do this.

However, it works totally fine on the simulator in eepe.

I connected up my Multiwii and confirmed that everything is working ok in terms of actual control.

I have tried reflashing the firmware and rewriting the memory file a dozen times. So I'm not really sure what to do next to solve this.

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Throttle timer acting really weird after update

Post by MikeB »

Which revision have you flashed?
What stick mode are you using?
The latest revision(s) have renamed the custom switches as logical switches (L1, L2 etc.) and the "v>ofs" is now "v>val".

Also, when I made the second timer work like the first timer, I provided TWO trigger inputs. Possibly, for your requirement, you would just need to use TriggerA as THs and TriggerB as ---. THs runs the timer whenever the throttle stick is above -98%.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

I was just thinking maybe eepe is too old and it still works the old way?
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
nineclicks

Post by nineclicks »

V1.2432-MIKE
SVN: er9x-r816

Mode 2

My eepe has no v>val for me. Only v>ofs.

When I use THs I get the same problem but it does it with aileron instead of elevation.

It shows "ALF%" beside the timer when I write the memory. I just tried setting the timer to THs on the actual TX and it works.

Is eepe no longer kept up to date with er9x? Is there something else to use or should I just do it on the TX now? It seems like the newest version of each are not compatible with eachother.

Return to “er9x”