XJT Module and 9x

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
raserdk

XJT Module and 9x

Post by raserdk »

OK question i have used my xjt module with my x8r, and recently i got it to work with 16 channels using pxx protocol, 1-8 though the s.bus port to my naza and 9-16 through the rest of the pins on the reciver to landing gear and camera.
Not using all of the pins yet hehe,
i allso have smartiparts board installed and the telemetrEZ Module installe all updated to latest firmware, i allso have Frsky`s new s.port dashboard display.
Is it possible to recive Telemetry on both the S.port Dashboard And onscreen on The turnigy 9x.

S.port dashboard is connected to the s.port on the xjt and rx/tx is connected to TelemetrEZ board inside the 9x. but i do not recive telemetry on the 9x

thanks in advance :D

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: XJT Module and 9x

Post by MikeB »

What revision of er9x are you running?
Have you set the value of "TelemetrEZ>=r90" to ON in er9x?

Do you receive telemetry if you don't have the SPort Dashboard connected?

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
raserdk

Post by raserdk »

im running er9x-r816 i see now that there is a 817 out but shouldnt matter,
yes i have set the value to on in the er9x i recive telemetry on my s.port dashboard, using the s.port connection on the xjt module, and connected rx/tx to the telemetrEZ but i dont know if i can use both at the same time, or/if it only works in D8 mode Right now i use D16 Mode with pxx protocol
raserdk

Post by raserdk »

my post has to be reviewed everytime i post so if it gets in the correct order this should be posted after the other post i posted
I forgot to tell you that i do not recive telemetry when i disconnect my SPort Dashboard, but i do get it on the dashboard when its connected
Sudsy

Post by Sudsy »

Where do you have the jumper installed if you have them installed at all?

Sudsy

Sudsy

Post by Sudsy »

I can't get this X8R to bind at all. I have the 9x (er9x) in the PXX mode. When I power up the transmitter with the FS button pressed it beeps steady and the green led is solid and the red blinking (lost signal?) Switches 1&2 both in OFF position on DJT module. It binds fine with a V8FR-II receiver and the correct switch settings (PPM mode) Latest er9X firmware V1.2432-Mike, 10.1.2015. er9x-r816

LOST :.(
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Sudsy wrote:Switches 1&2 both in OFF position on DJT module.
DJT or XJT?
Sudsy wrote:When I power up the transmitter with the FS button pressed
In PXX mode I believe you need to use the bind command in the menu, not the button. And you need to be in D16 mode for the X8R.
raserdk

Post by raserdk »

sorry have been busy, i think i bound it with 2 jumpers 1-2 and 3-4 on the x8r module and both of the swithes on the xjt module is set to off
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

raserdk: Have you updated the TelemetreZ firmware to r90? You must have at least r90 for the SPort telemetry to be received.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
raserdk

Post by raserdk »

yes mikeB it is updated to the latest,
i found out that if i use ppm protocol i do recive RX info, but with pxx protocol i do not, thats the only differnece so far
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

raserdk wrote:S.port dashboard is connected to the s.port on the xjt and rx/tx is connected to TelemetrEZ board inside the 9x. but i do not recive telemetry on the 9x
Is this the Rx and Tx from the 4-pin connector on the rear of the XJT? If so, these are for the 'D' series telemetry only.
When you use the PXX protocol, you also need to use the SPort data. You connect the SPort signal to the place you have the Tx signal connected. You can then use PXX in either D8 mode or D16 mode and the telemetry should be received correctly.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
raserdk

Post by raserdk »

ok i must try that :)
but can i then use both the internel screen and the s.port dashboard, or can i only use one of them

edit:
yes i can, i just had to split the signal now it works,
that is awsome, thank you :) very much ;)

Return to “er9x”