AnyLink 2 and Dual Rates

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
lostcity

AnyLink 2 and Dual Rates

Post by lostcity »

I have been using my 9x with r814 to fly my flyzone micros. After a bit of fusing to get the channel order situated it as has worked well with Flyzone micro super cub. However, I find that I do not have dual rates or expo on he plane even though they are set up in the transmitter. Additionally i also do not have my center beep with the anylink module plugged in. Am I missing a configuration here or is just the way it is.

Thanks much.

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: AnyLink 2 and Dual Rates

Post by MikeB »

Do you get the centre beep without the module plugged in?
Check your mixes to make sure you are using the Expo/Dr. r814 added an option in each mix to ignore the Expo/Dr settings. The default for this setting is to use them though.

You could try posting you configuration .eepe file read from the 9X using the eepe program.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
lostcity

Post by lostcity »

You are correct. I should have. My center beep works fine as do the dual rates and expo with my other models that use the Orange module (DSMx) With the Anylink2 attached they do not. Will send my eepe a bit later
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

That is weird :o

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
lostcity

Post by lostcity »

I'm sure I have some setting not set up. What I notice and why it has taken me so long to figure this out is that in the eepe mode I can see my settings in effect. To do Anylink2 though I have switched from mode 2 to mode 4 for my flyzone micros. I am wondering if somehow the settings change when I change stick modes.

lostcity

Post by lostcity »

Here is my latest eepe.
Attachments
12_15_14.eepe
(9.1 KiB) Downloaded 313 times
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

On the SuperCub you don't have any center beep programmed.. For all the others you do have it on throttle and the SE5a also has it on Rudder..

On the SuperCub you also seem to have programmed Dual Rate for rudder but you didn't assign a switch. Is it intended?

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

On some model you also have !AIL and !ELE and !RUD set as the switch, while on the SuperCub, you have AIL and ELE, so the switch is working in the opposite sense to the other models.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
lostcity

Post by lostcity »

Okay. Center beep on throttle is set for all the models now. Not sure how that happened and it works except when the anylink2 module is plugged in. I will go back to the beginning and start over. Probably be easier.
KAL

Post by KAL »

lostcity wrote:... To do Anylink2 though I have switched from mode 2 to mode 4 for my flyzone micros...
Why do you change stick modes?
That's not the usual way to change channel order from spektrum to futaba style.
Better you assign the sticks to the corresponding channels in the mixer menu.

Klaus
( TH9X / 9XTreme / FrSky DHT / Spektrum / Multi / RotEnc )
( 9XR PRO / erSKY9x  / FrSky DHT / Spektrum / Multi / RotEnc / P3 as Slider )
lostcity

Post by lostcity »

Set it up that way after talking to staff at Hobbico about getting my rudder over the right stick. I was told to change to mode 4 but okay will look at that.
lostcity

Post by lostcity »

Appreciate the help and hints. Using he mix menu helps a lot with model set up. Attached an eepe file. the supercub and se5a are anylink2 planes and the minicurz is a DSM2. After redoing the minicruz, I now have it so the switches will turn on DR as they should. Verified with the model. However, am still not getting my center beep on throttle with the anylink module. My Orange module seems to work fine. No sounds though with the Anylink2. DR on these micros is not such a big deal, they only fly inside and are pretty slow. Nonetheless, wouid like to know what is up with it.

Thanks much again
Attachments
eeepetest.eepe
(4.07 KiB) Downloaded 302 times
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I've been investigating what the AnyLink module actually is. It appears to be a unit you plug into the trainer port.
If you do this, then only the processor is powered, the RF power to the module bay is OFF. The beeper has its own regulator that is also powered from the RF power source, so in trainer mode, the beeper is NOT powered, so no beeps.

Do you remove any module in the module bay when using the Anylink?
If you do, then enable PPMSIM in the Radio Setup, and set the protocol to PPMSIM for any model that uses the AnyLink. Now you can power the Tx on an plug the AnyLink in and the PPM output will still go to the trainer port. Any module in the module bay is also powered in this mode.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
Daedalus66

AnyLink 2 and Dual Rates

Post by Daedalus66 »

lostcity wrote:Set it up that way after talking to staff at Hobbico about getting my rudder over the right stick. I was told to change to mode 4 but okay will look at that.
That actually makes sense as a quick and dirty fix. You have a three channel model with rudder controlled by the left stick in Mode 2. You want to fly with the right stick. So you switch from mode 2 to mode 4, which interchanges rudder and aileron inputs.

Not the way I would do it, but it will work. I don't like work-arounds, especially when you have to reverse them when you want to fly a different model.

The better way is to do an aileron to rudder mix. Then both sticks can control rudder, which allows you to fly with the right stick but taxi with the left. Thus you have setup that's compatible with the way you fly a four channel model.

By the way, I have the Flyzone SE5a and fly it with an old JR 783 (1996) I have dedicated to an AnyLink module (the original one). Very happy with the way it flies indoors.
lostcity

Post by lostcity »

Thanks Mike. Sounds like you have a handle on it. The mixer menu deserves a whole chapter IMHO. Yes I do remove the module when I use Anylink2. Treied setting PPMSIM but no change. No sounds and no dual rates on Anylink2.

Thanks very much.
lostcity

Post by lostcity »

Daedalus66 thanks that is a good idea. Both of the birds do not have tail wheel steering though. Both the SuperCub and SE5a fly pretty well as is. If there is not fix to the DR business then oh well no harm no foul.

thanks
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

lostcity wrote: Treied setting PPMSIM but no change. No sounds and no dual rates on Anylink2.
Try setting PPMSIM, but also turn the radio on with the power switch.

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:

Return to “er9x”