Value of P3

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
unlucky58

Value of P3

Post by unlucky58 »

I'm going to use P3 to set up the tail gyro for a 450 heli. That is what has been suggested. However, how do I figure out the value of P3 and once I have that I just replace the + and - values in CH05 is that correct? Sorry this is probably a dumb question but I did not find a solution with my searches. Thanks!!!

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Value of P3

Post by MikeB »

How, exactly, will you be using P3 to set the gyro up? Just use it as the source of channel 5?
Also, what revision of er9x are you using, and is this on a standard 9x (with ATMEGA64), or one of the larger processors?

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
unlucky58

Post by unlucky58 »

Mike I am using a Turnigy 9X V2 with revision er9x-r812 I'm not sure what processor it has. Here is how I have CH05 set for starters.

CH05 +50%P3 Switch (!GEA) Offset (100%)
-50%P3 Switch (GEA) Offset (100%)

Maybe I need something else. Sorry but I'm still trying to get my head around er9x. Wish I could answer your reply with more knowledge. Of course if I had that knowledge I probably wouldn't be asking this to start with. Thanks.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I'm assuming you intend to fly like this, and adjust P3 while flying to tune the gyro. If, while flying, you flip the GEA switch, and then adjust P3 for the other setting, you will lose the first setting.
I'll therefore assume you will just adjust one setting at a time.
After the flight, all you should need to do is stepp through the main screens until you get to the one with the 8 numbers in the bottom half. These are the channels positions from -100% to +100%. Just read off the value for channel 5.
Assume this is 43.0. Just replace you line:
CH05 +50%P3 Switch (!GEA) Offset (100%)
with:
CH05 +43%HALF Switch (!GEA)
Then repeat for the other setting.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
unlucky58

Post by unlucky58 »

Cool!!! Thanks Mike I knew there had to be an easy way. Yes, I am using P3 to set the gyro gain and then transfer that number to CH05 just as you said.

Return to “er9x”