servo park or neutral position issue

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
raqumup

servo park or neutral position issue

Post by raqumup »

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1.ail. D/R switch, mixed ail. ch. 4 and 6, ele ch 2, and rudder ch 1, all to go from 40% when switch is up and to 100% switch down, for 3D flying

What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
when flipped i would expect nothing to happen to the plane except to have full travel of all control surfaces. What is happening is the park or neutral position of the servos is changing causing the plane fly very differnt when flipped. i did try to adjust the trims when in each mode of the switch but no help.

What version of the product are you using? On what operating system?
this is a Turnigy 9X V2 mode 2 transmitter with the ER9X software instaled

er9x-r812
V1. 142-Mike
20:12:55

was asked to attach my model memory, don't know if this is what you want but here is the model mem file from my TX and I also will attach the ER9X software I loded

here is a video of the issue
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXzvZMvcC8I

Thanks in advance
Troy
Attachments
model mem.eepe
(4.07 KiB) Downloaded 160 times
er9x.hex
(152.83 KiB) Downloaded 170 times
Last edited by raqumup on Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: servo park or neutral position issue

Post by MikeB »

OK, on channel 2 you have:
+50% ELE
+100% ELE switch(AIL)

With the AIL switch one way, you just have 50 of the ELE INCLUDING 50% of the ELE trim.
With the AIL switch the other way you are adding in 100% of the ELE including 100% of the ELE trim.
This gives 150% of the ELE with 150% of the ELE trim.

If the trim is 0%, then all is OK, but as soon as you have some trim, this causes the apparent change in the neutral position.

If you want dual rates, try looking at the expo/dr menu. This is used to set dual rates, as applied to the stick, outside the mixer.

Quick solution, set the channel to:
+50% ELE
+50% ELE switch(AIL) No Trim

This gives you 50% with 50% trim, or 100% with 50% trim.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
raqumup

Post by raqumup »

I think i get at least part of what you are saying. it sounds like they way i have it setup is it has dual rates for the trim essentially. example (not exact numbers) if i have moved the trim 3 clicks down, and then i flip the switch to dual rates then the trim moves 5-6 clicks down, and this is where i am having the problem correct? i followed a youtube video on mixing and setting up dual rates. tonight i will play with what you were telling me to try.
Thanks for the advise.
on a side note, would you rec. a different version of ER9X? or should i just stick with the one i have loaded?
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Just use the dual rate menu.. that is what it is made for :)

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

The version of er9x you have is the latest released.
It's actually worse! If on your low rate, you put 3 clicks in, then on your high rate you get twice as much ADDED so the equivalent of 9 clicks!
Go to the dual rate menu, set DRSw1 as AIL, then with the switch in one position set the weight to 50% and with the switch in the other set the weight to 100%. This applies the selected weight just to the stick (not trim) as then used as the source of any mix.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer

raqumup

Post by raqumup »

Thank you all for your help, that is what i needed to do. now i guess i still need to use the mixing menu for flaperons correct? i am using the 3 position switch on the front top right, AUX3 F. MODE [MIX.] switch. i have up as nothing, middle as 40% flaps and down as 70% flaps.
what do you think???
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Yes, you need mixes for flapperons.
If you go through the mix sources (past the channels) you will find 3POS as an option. This uses the 3 position switch as the mix source. By default, this gives you -100%, 0% and +100% in the 3 positions. By adjusting the Weight and Offset (turn Fix Offset ON) or b applying a curve, you can adjust these positions.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer

Return to “er9x”