Warming/Alarm at half timer count

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
IceWind

Warming/Alarm at half timer count

Post by IceWind »

Hi all,

I was trying to find a way to set this option but so far I haven't found it.
(still searching...)

The idea was to have the radio make a different sound when it reaches half the timer count, at the moment I have it set to beep at every minute.
But when I have like 7 to 10 minutes set, I easilly lost track of how many minutes have passed and I'd like to have some sort of warning
that would let me know I have gone past 50% fo the time. (basically time to fly back... :) )

Yes, I could use a second counter but then the thing keeps beeping forever... :)

Thanks.

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Warming/Alarm at half timer count

Post by MikeB »

Are you running the stock beeper?
There is a mod to fit a piezo speaker instead of the beeper. This gives some different sounds available. As it happens, this alternative set of sounds works surprisingly well with the stock beeper.
Go to radio setup and set sound mode to PiSpkr.
Now go to the SAFETY switches, select one not being used as a safety switch and change the 'S' to 'A'. This is now an Audio switch.
For initial testing set the switch to, say, RUD. Now, while the RUD switch is on, the sound selected at the right of the screen plays every 4 seconds. You can change the selection to choose a sound you like.

Next, go into custom switches and set a couple up as:
CS1: v<ofs TIM1 4:00
CS2: v>ofs TIM1 3:50 AND switch CS1

In the safety switch, now use CS2 as the switch.

With this, while timer 1 is between 3:50 and 4:00, the selected audio sound will be played every 4 seconds, so you will hear it 2 or 3 times.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
IceWind

Re: Warming/Alarm at half timer count

Post by IceWind »

Woow you rock Mike. Thanks!

I actually did the mod on my 9x but I think the piezzo buzzer isn't that great. So if this works better with the stock buzzer
I don't mind reverting back to it.

Going to set that up.
Thanks again.

Return to “er9x”