qrx350 with 9xr

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
pchuckie

qrx350 with 9xr

Post by pchuckie »

9xr running er-9x-r791, ver v1.661-Mike
Trying to get it work with a QRX-350 Pro. After binding the receiver it won't motor unlock or lock or calibrate. I have the bind jumper installed on the flight computer board that tells it to work with a non walkera transmitter. The receiver is bound to the TX, and verified with a servo plugged into channel 7. Channel order 1 Rud, 2 ele, 3 thr, 4 ail, 5 3pos. I've tried reversing all the channels and reversing only one at a time. I'm thinking it doesn't know which flight mode it's in. I verified channel 5 with a servo that aux 3 switch makes a servo move from -100, to center position or 0, and the third position to +100

I was going to try and upload some templates I found and a more current version of ER9X, but I recently upgraded computers and now running windows8.

pchuckie

Re: qrx350 with 9xr

Post by pchuckie »

Made some headway. Forgot wifey's laptop is running win7. I was able to connect to the copter with ardupilot software and could see the inputs to the copter from the transmitter. Upon trying to arm the motors it was giving me some sort of throttle fault. I moved the throttle trim to full no throttle, same problem, moved the trim to full positive throttle and it armed right up and does everything it's suppose to. I had tried calibrating the sticks with no luck, I really suspected this exact sort of problem. I tried every combination but trims, next I'll have to recenter the trim and see it if will arm by just giving a small amount of throttle. It doesn't fly yet, I think I have some work to setting up flight modes.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

This may well be the QRX looking for a specific 'throttle off' position. Most commercial radios use a PPM pulse of 1.1 to 1.9mS, leaving the remaining 0.1 mS for when you use trims and sub-trims. er9x (ersky9x and openTx) all use the full range 1.0 to 2.0mS.
You could try setting the weight of the throttle channel to 80%. THis will make the output the same a commercial radios.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
pchuckie

Post by pchuckie »

I tried that
steven06

Post by steven06 »

Hi guys, I have a similar problem. I have a Walkera qr x350 pro with turnigy 9xr pro, frsky module and frsky D8R-II receiver. Im not 100% sure what the issue is. But I think the transmitter is not programmed to arm the receiver to the quad. Had anyone had this issue before. Is this a simple fix? Does anyone know how to program the transmitter so that I can arm the quad. any help would be appreciated

jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Well it would help if we knew what the transmitter needs to do to arm the quad. Then we might be able to suggest some mixing :) We need a bit more info as not all of us know that model.. ;)

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Daedalus66

qrx350 with 9xr

Post by Daedalus66 »

My understanding is that the three position mode switch needs to be on channel 6 and must be in position 0 (-100%) for the start procedure to work. The pulse duration on all channels should be 1000 to 2000usec, which corresponds to +/-100% in ER9x.

The actual start procedure involves putting sticks in corners and is detailed in the quick start sheet.

Channel 5 needs a two position switch and is apparently used to operate the camera.

I believe the rudder and aileron channels need to be inverted for correct control direction.

The requirements seem to be very basic and not likely to be affected by the version of ER9x

All this from the instructions. I don't have one of these models. Hope this helps.

Return to “er9x”