Turnigy 9x with Frsky DJT - not working

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
Flydigital

Turnigy 9x with Frsky DJT - not working

Post by Flydigital »

I've been using Turnigy 9x with stock Tx / Rx modules for a while but have just replaced them with the Frsky module.

1. When connected top the assistant 1 of the 4 sticks does not move.
2. Continuous fast orange flashing from the Naza.
3. The module does not fit all the way in on the back of the 9x.

So is issue no. 3 the cause of the others? Should this be plug and play or do I need to mess about with firmware / swapping channels etc? I'm looking about and seeing mention of reflashing firmware but don't quite follow.

Using a Turnigy 9x + er9x installed.

Thanks for any pointers...

jhsa

Re: Turnigy 9x with Frsky DJT - not working

Post by jhsa »

there must be a bit of plastic around the pins in the module bay that is preventing the module from being fully inserted.. you must cut that plastic off.. but be careful not to damage or bend the pins..
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

You need to say what receiver you use. Issue is likely in the connections between the receiver and Naza.

But yes, newer 9Xs need the plastic shroud aruond the pins in the module bay to be removed.
Flydigital

Post by Flydigital »

It is a Turnigy 9X 9Ch Transmitter. The new parts are the Fr Sky DJT and on the model receiver is a D8R-II plus.

I will lower the plastic around the pins anyway to get a better fit but I agree that may not be the reason as all other connections are working.
Flydigital

Post by Flydigital »

Sorted now. I milled out completely the raised plastic area. Even leaving a little meant it wouldn't go in fully. This alone didn't sort the lack of rudder movement. I took my 550 top off and re wired all the connections. This sorted out the rudder connection. Final issue of orange lights was simply telling me I was in failsafe mode. As it was a new TX, Rx set up the signals that control GPS, Atti, Manual and Failsafe were all slightly out and needed to be trimmed.

Return to “er9x”