Assigning channels

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
SteveInNJ

Assigning channels

Post by SteveInNJ »

Not sure if this is an er9x specific question, but:

I am building my first quad and am gearing up to configuring my 9x to an er9x. I just received my USB board. After I load the firmware I need to set the radio up for my application. This is what I have. Any input as to how to configure this, regarding both choosing knobs/switches and programming them, is appreciated!

4 - basic quadcopter control
1 - 3 position for NAZA flight modes
1 - NAZA return to home
1 - pot for gimbal aim
1 - 3 position for camera selector

Thanks,
Steve

jhsa

Re: Assigning channels

Post by jhsa »

That makes two 3 position switches. The 9x only has one ;) :D

João

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
SteveInNJ

Post by SteveInNJ »

I read somewhere that one can use a pot in place of a 3 position switch. Gotta find the details on that one.
kaos

Post by kaos »

you can program a pot as a simulated 3 position switch using custom switch without the benefit of a mechanical 'click' like this
in mix:
ch6 R 100 Half sw1
R -100 Half sw2
(R 0 Half sw3)

in CS
SW1 v>ofs P1 33
Sw2 V<ofs P1 -33
(SW3 |V| < ofs 33)

Lines in () are not needed, just for explanation purpose, cause ch6 defaulted to 0 when neither sw1 or sw2 is true.
then each one 3rd of the pod will do one action. It is actually very usable because you turn the knob to one end, close to the mid point or the other end will do the 3 position switch. That is what i use when I need a 2nd 3 position switch.
turn on your center beep for the knob then you know exactly you are in the center point area without the need to look at the knob.

There is also hardware mod you are talking about: viewtopic.php?f=84&t=4010

there is another idea/gizmo in the cooking achieving the same purpose but using aruidno and touch pad without the hard ware modding. Will be posted in the forum when there is more info or prototype come out.
Hopefully it will work as expected. that will solve just about any switch need because the touch pad is programmable via arduino and any number of 'buttons/switches' can be programed per individual/model's need. ;)
SteveInNJ

Post by SteveInNJ »

KAOS, thanks for the info on programming a pot to act as a 3-way switch.

After a little more thinking about everything that NAZA can do, I think I need to drop the 3 way video switcher, in favor of more NAZA tricks (unless there's a 9th channel hiding somewhere!) Here's a picture of what I am thinking, in terms of selecting switches for various functions and channel assignment. If there's anything at all "wrong" about this please let me know! Thanks.

SteveInNJ

Post by SteveInNJ »

BTW I installed the v.2.4 smartieparts board and a hobbyking backlight yesterday, and am at this moment getting underway with installing the er9X firmware. The only thing I did not do was swap the "+" and "-" buttons; I was not comfortable with hacking up the buttons to reorganize them. I guess I will stick labels over the "+" and "-".
kaos

Post by kaos »

I don't see anything 'wrong' with your planned usage of each switch/knob.
As for sticking label over +,-. you may try just paint the + with '-' only and make a little scraping on the '-' to have a little vertical line for the "+" to hold the paint without being rubbed out over time. Little label never worked well for me when being rubbed over constantly.
yes, switching the + and - sign some times cause unwanted result. I have one Tx swapped and worked perfectly, while the other has one button just loose/wabbling in there. Not affecting the usage, just feel broken.
lancersdad

Post by lancersdad »

So... he's looking for a 9th channel.... and no one is suggesting since his Transmitter is 16 channels... he go for a 8/16 channel receiver with S Bus ??? Not sure at all what he is building... but... cam rec/zoom will take 2 channels... his Gimbal Pitch and Yaw will take 2 channels... ( doesn't even sound like he knows what a 3rd axis is... YET ) AND his retractable landing gear will take another channel...
Sure.. he may not know any of this yet... cause he's just trying to get a camera configured right now... Not to mention.... a FrSky 6 Position Mode Flap Switch The 6 position switch can be installed in place of your P1, P2 or P3 pots at the top of your radio. The result will be a 6 position rotary switch that can be used for flight modes, flap positions, or whatever you can think of. Which I just ordered myself... only a typical 3 wire feed from the internal control board... just like the pot. With the resistance between the switch points already regulated... all you need to do is recalibrate the Transmitter after installation and it shows up the same as a pot in the display bar but it steps down 6 times...
My camera/lighting control transmitter alone, requires 12 channels...
lancersdad

Post by lancersdad »

Steve is also reading the details from MK Kopter that says he needs the IDE 0.1.2 switch for controlling the camera record/standby function... Did some research... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nF1AB1 ... r_embedded... This details the record/standby only requires a toggle switch configured " ! "

Return to “er9x”