New Flysky FS-i10 transmitter

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
Kilrah

Re: New Flysky FS-i10 transmitter

Post by Kilrah »

The chip is a Freescale part. Googling what I can read of the P/N doesn't come up with anything, and as Freescale's site is down for maintenance I can't search for similar looking stuff.

But as the car radio doesn't have it (only the FlySky branded chip and the RAM) it looks like it's only an auxiliary processor, the FS branded chip must be the main processor.

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

MKL16Z32VLH4 looks to be a possible, found a datasheet on the mouser site (http://uk.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Free ... G9vYPV6A==) that includes this.
only 32K flash means it isn't doing a lot of work!

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
miss5031

Post by miss5031 »

Here are theletters and numbers
MKL 16Z32VLH4
1N15J
CTCTAB1338D

I am posting another pic, hope it is better
Attachments
CAM00072.jpg
miss5031

Post by miss5031 »

It really isn't any better I guess. I'm sorry, not real good with all this tech stuff yet. Hope
The info is useful. I appreciare all of your guys' time on this.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I would say the bad news is we don't know what the main processor is. The Freescale part, which is the one I thought it is, just isn't big enough (flash memory) to run ersky9x or openTx.
I would say that Flysky have missed out with this Tx. If it won't run open source I suspect the market will be smaller than otherwise.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

miss5031

Post by miss5031 »

Is the processor too small or wrong kind to be able to do a FW change to er9x or anything else. In the manual it states that it is FW updatable and the rxs are also updateable. What ever that means. My TX's FW update is 2/19/2014, don't know what the latest is. Also, is there a way to put more memory into the tx like with the 9x and the 128 atmega chip?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

The problem is that the main processor is branded as FlySky, so it's impossible to know what it is, how it works, or to find any documentation on it. This basically makes it impossible to know how to reprogram it.

Besides:
- There is a second processor (the freescale part) that would apparently need to be programmed separately, without any documentation or schematics to help knowing how it integrates in the system and what it should do. Lots of reverse-engineering work.
- The part number of the LCD returns no results, so again no way to know how it works or how to program it. Not to mention that it's a completely different layout and resolution from anything we have now, so would require a ton of work to redesign a decent UI for it.
- The RF module is accessed directly by the processor, so it would be useless unless someone invested a lot of effort in reverse-engineering and reimplementing the protocol.
- The radio is expensive in comparison to existing options for running the open firmwares, and less featured (a big thing with the firmwares is speech output - that radio doesn't have any hardware for it).

In summary the hardware is an order of magnitude more complicated than a 9X, so trying to reverse-engineer it and reprogram it would be trememdous work, for pretty much less capability than what we can have today, and for a higher price. There are already 2 radios on the market you can buy for cheap and which will run the open firmwares out of the box (9XR and Taranis), and they will soon be joined by a 3rd one with the 9XR-Pro. Plus a 4th with the 9X if you dig into it. Then there's the Devos if you like Deviation.

No point bothering really.
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

What would the new FlySky radio offer that isn't available already in the 9x, 9xr, 9xr pro, or Taranis or in the future FrSky Horus? I would rather see the open source teams focus on improving the existing firmware for hardware that supports the open approach than waste time on a transmitter designed to be accessible only via proprietary upgrades.
Bill

Post by Bill »

What would the new FlySky radio offer that isn't available already in the 9x, 9xr, 9xr pro, or Taranis or in the future FrSky Horus?
A really flashy interface by the look of it!
“A good politician is quite as unthinkable as an honest banker”
They used to say "if you don’t want to work at McDonald’s, go to college." Now they say "if you want to work at McDonald’s, go to college.”
PoppyAnn

Post by PoppyAnn »

the best thing it offers is a very easy transmitter to set up without having to be a computer programer.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

The question was in the opposite way, i.e. about what porting the firmwares to this radio could bring. Not much as it's less capable than the platforms we have now.

The rest is user preference.
coweta

Post by coweta »

I just received mine a few days ago and I'm impressed with the touch screen programming. One thing I don't like is the throttle/rudder stick. It's too sensitive. Has anyone determined if it can be tighten up like other transmitters?
miss5031

Post by miss5031 »

Yes, it can be. But not enough for my taste. The sticks are very smooth, just too easy for me. Other than that, I love the new i10.
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Are there replacement receivers and if so what's the cost and the source for them? I like to keep up on what's out there when asked at the field.
Thanks
miss5031

Post by miss5031 »

Just wondering if this Tx has been looked at any further since Turnigy has one now-
Turnigy TGY-i10 10ch 2.4Ghz Digital Proportional Radio Control System with Telemetry (Mode 2)

It's a really nice tx with new trim switch positions and such. cheaper too.
miss5031

Post by miss5031 »

Just wondering if this Tx has been looked at any further since Turnigy has one now-
Turnigy TGY-i10 10ch 2.4Ghz Digital Proportional Radio Control System with Telemetry (Mode 2)

It's a really nice tx with new trim switch positions and such. cheaper too.
minii2

Post by minii2 »

Viewing FlySky i10 presentation at http://youtu.be/Nxfzt-5uImM?t=38s
it is said that FS8090 is a 264MHz 32 bit ARM with 8MB SD RAM. Maybe it could help to identify the chip

Return to “er9x”