Trainer switch to toggle a cyclic mix?

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
Reacher10

Re: Trainer switch to toggle a cyclic mix?

Post by Reacher10 »

Thanks Mike, well I figure 5 get used in the example above so if you have 4 momentary switches that could use up 20. Right now I need at least 10 but 20 would give me some toys to play with plus every time I figure out a new use for them even 20 could get used pretty quick.

Just maidened this yesterday....85" WS...one sweet ride!
Attachments
0422161736.jpg

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Why do you need L1 for the increment/add when you use PB2 directly for the decrement/subtract?
As I understand this you want an output that steps in units of 40 up and down between -100 to +100.
You are using 2 adjusters for + and 2 for - I think.
Consider just having the GVAR go from 0 to 5, then using a Scaler to convert these to -100, -60, -20, 20, 60, 100.
Set a scaler as: Multiplier = 40, Divisor = 1, offset (at last) -100.

This saves 2 adjusters so you won't need so many more!

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Reacher10

Post by Reacher10 »

I will try that. I use two buttons for my flaps, 3 positions. Then I use another one to lock only the nose gear down when I am putting the plane together and now I want to use another one for the third steering rate for take off which barely steers at all since the steering is very sensitive on this plane. I would also like to add breaks because the plane weighs 17 lbs and uses up the entire 300' runway.

What I really need is a long press = switch on and short press = switch off.

I was looking at the scalers just last night but I have to confess Mike I had no idea how to use them and I still don't. I'll mess with them and see if i can use them, I should but just need to figure it out.

Thanks
Last edited by Reacher10 on Mon May 23, 2016 11:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Still, a few more adjusters would be a great idea.. :)

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Scalers simply take an input value, modify it by the values in the scaler, then you may use the scaler as a mix source, a GVAR source, for a voice output, or test in a logical switch.
You may also give each one a name and/or a telemetry unit.
In a scaler you may add an offset value (which may be negative), multiply by another value and divide by another value.
You also choose whether to add the offset before the multiply and divide or after them.
You may also make the result negative and, for telemetry/voice use, specify how many decimal places it has. e.g. 1 decimal place causes the value 123 to be treated as 12.3 for voice and telemetry.

Adding more adjusters isn't too dificult, except it is a lot more work to have them in eepskye. The GUI needs quite a bit of editing, and a lot more work as I can't easily fit more on the current 'tab'.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer

Reacher10

Post by Reacher10 »

I'll explain about the nose gear lock down position so you have an idea why I need a push button.

The fuselage is too tall to fit under the cover of my pickup truck so it's as low as I can get it in it's cradle. Because of this I need to lift the nose of the plane to deploy the nose wheel. Next I put the wings on, the mains are retracted. I have to lift the tail of the plane so I can deploy them but I need the nose gear to stay down to support the nose.

Because the plane is heavy and big I need one hand to hold the Tx and one to lift the back of the plane so a push of the button locks the nose gear down and so when I hit the retract switch the mains come down with the plane sitting on the nose wheel....it's a bit of a puzzle if you will.

With the steering super low rate I want to just hit a button to go in and out of it quickly.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

For eepskye, maybe change the name of that screen (tab) from GVARS to GLOBALS to match the radio firmware.
Is it possible to make sub menus inside the GVARS (Globals) menu? Like that you could have, how do I say, ??Sub-Tabs?? That take you to the sub menus?

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Reacher10 wrote: With the steering super low rate I want to just hit a button to go in and out of it quickly.
Yeah, push buttons on the back of the radio are excellent for that ;) :)

But better to program some voice for every setting, or you won't know which setting you have active.. :)

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
Reacher10

Post by Reacher10 »

On the super low rate steering it tells me I'm in that setting every 8 seconds. Same for the nose lock down. This way I don't leave them there when not needed. Same for ignition off.

So for the super low rate steering once it's airborne I hit the button and put it in low rate steering and the audio turns off and just tells me once that I am in low rate. When I am on the ground using two toggles for three steering rates is fine but once airborne I don't want to be messing with toggles. Steering high rate is only for slow maneuvering on the runway.

I also want to have a push button to deploy retracts and gear at the same time then also have independent control of each with the toggle switches.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

I normally keep the push buttons for something not so important.. On the simulator, I've already did put the gear up on landing by hitting the wrong button :) I wanted to hit the brakes.. it did stop faster though :mrgreen:
The sim is a great platform to test new stuff.. :)

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Any point in tying the steering rate to the throttle setting?
Below, say, 30% throttle, you get high rate steering, above that a lower rate. You might even make it variable so the more throttle the less steering rate.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
Reacher10

Post by Reacher10 »

That wouldn't work because it can be moving at a good clip but throttle is at idle. So on landing throttle is idle or nearly so yet I am at landing speed. If the steering rate was tied in it would over steer and could even buckle the nose strut sideways.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

You need an airspeed sensor ;) :)
Or in this case, a ground speed sensor.
João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
Reacher10

Post by Reacher10 »

I know, I actually opted for v series Frsky Rx's so no telemetry on this puppy.
Reacher10

Post by Reacher10 »

Alright, I was making it too complicated. I can use logical switches alone to achieve what I need. The gvars are needed for 3 flap settings with a PB's however what I needed was just a long press for ON and short press for OFF.

But that is not to say we couldn't use more GVAR adjusters.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I'm making the adjusters editing in eepskye work like the mixes, that is the main window shows a text box describing each adjuster and double clicking on one pops up a box to allow you to edit it.
This is actually much easier to program, but takes a little time to change from the old method.
If I then add more adjusters, the text box just gets a scroll bar.

Some other items would also be better done this way I think.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Thanks Mike. Yes, that should work good and allow for more items..

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
Reacher10

Post by Reacher10 »

Mike I have virtual switch (LA) triggering on and off by itself when I am in the L.Switches menu. It's very random, sometimes it doesn't happen, sometimes it happens right away and sometimes it is Sporadic. This will be the TUCANO 35 model.

I have noticed this before on another model as well.

I will attach the eeprom here so you can take a look at it when you get a chance.

I just figure you should know about this.

You don't need to figure out the switches, this model setup is very complicated but PB2 is the normal way of triggering it. It works as it should just that little weirdness while in model setup.

Both of the models in this eeprom trigger by them self. Thew NAZA-M2 model is not as complicated, only one cyclic mix to adjust my gains up and down.
Attachments
SWITCH TRIGGERING.bin.txt
(512 KiB) Downloaded 340 times
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Checking a few things:
1. This is an er9x thread, but this EEPROM is for ersky9x on a SKY board?
2. I'm loading your EEPROM into eepskye, but PB1 and PB2 don't show as set in the hardware tab. This may be an eepskye problem. Where are PB1 and PB2 wired?
3. LA only triggers randomly while in the L.switches menu, it is OK when in the main display?

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
Reacher10

Post by Reacher10 »

It's on an AR9X board Rev A but Rev B board does it as well.

PB1 is EXT2
PB2 is EXT1
PB3 is EXT3

Yes when outside model or radio setup there is no problem but when I enter either of those it triggers but not always. Sometimes when I enter a sub menu sometimes just when I'm in radio/hardware main setup screen, no real pattern other then it does triggers for no reason.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

What revision of the firmware are you running (SVN line and date please)?

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
Reacher10

Post by Reacher10 »

DATE: 9.12.2015
SVN: ersky9x-r218
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

The "Music" test version also has 20 GVAR adjusters instead of 8.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
Reacher10

Post by Reacher10 »

Thanks Mike

Return to “er9x”