"Flip" button on Syma X1/WLToys v949

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
th9xer
9x Developer

Re: "Flip" button on Syma X1/WLToys v949

Post by th9xer »

Interesting discussion on the four antennas in one space alright. http://www.deviationtx.com/forum/7-deve ... ?start=200
midelic wrote:It is simple...If you are aware of 9x frsky mod
Are you talking about the mod to the standard TH9X ? Breaking serial pins out to talk to the FrSky DJT modules ?

Cam.
Last edited by th9xer on Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

If you can show me the changes, I can consider whether they could go in the code, as a conditional compile. I have already done that for some users who want to use different LCDs on their custom builds. That way, they can get new revisions and build the version they need.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
midelic

Post by midelic »

No No other serial pins...the standard pins from frsky mod(PPM,MISO(TX),VCC,GND,MOSI(RX)).I copied serial init code from ER9x frsky-9600 baud.You can disable TXEN RXEN after the protocol selection is complete.

th9xer wrote:Interesting discussion on the four antennas in one space alright. http://www.deviationtx.com/forum/7-deve ... ?start=200
midelic wrote:It is simple...If you are aware of 9x frsky mod
Are you talking about the mod to the standard TH9X ? Breaking extra serial pins out to talk to the FrSky DJT modules ?

Cam.
Mike,.. let me finish all tests(I'm modifying the multiprotocol module code for that) and some improvements I want to make and I''ll give it to you..Thanks!
Last edited by midelic on Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
th9xer
9x Developer

Post by th9xer »

midelic wrote:No No other serial pins...the standard pins from frsky mod(PPM,MISO(TX),VCC,GND,MOSI(RX)).
I guess I don't know it then.
midelic

Post by midelic »

I'm confused...what extra serial pins are used to talk with a Frsky module?...I said standard because are all over the net where is 9x frsky mod.ALso used the same mod for adding openlrsng teletry module to 9x.

th9xer
9x Developer

Post by th9xer »

midelic

Post by midelic »

this one from Kilrah
http://www.rc-cam.com/forum/index.php?/ ... s/?p=26504
I think that one from rchacker too.
also mike tutorial "FrSky Telemetry Mods" on er9x google site
http://code.google.com/p/er9x/

No need any RS232 -TTL converter.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

All telemetry mods use the M64's serial port, where the THR and AIL switches are originally connected. Those are moved to free the port to connect to the telemetry data source whether it is an FrSky module, data modem for Mavlink etc. He just uses that same serial port.

Nothing unusual!
th9xer
9x Developer

Post by th9xer »

I guess we were talking about the same thing, I just hadn't seen Kilrah's hack to bring them all out on the 5 pin module connector.

So back to your solution, how are you connecting the multiple modules to the five lines ?
midelic

Post by midelic »

Exactly.Nothing out of ordinary.I think we can safely say ..standard pins for Frsky/openlrsng telemetry.
midelic

Post by midelic »

Multiple modules are connected like yours to an Atmega 328( using serial pins to communicate )to er9x firmware...PPM stays the same.As I said before is not fully integration of all protocol(coded in M64/M128) in er9x.My multi module will allow also telemetry when is finished.There is already code for Hubsan/Frsky telemetry on the net.I already ordered one module from OSH park..PB shared there his PCB files.I'll attach an m328 my code and I'll have a multi module..with er9x ..this is my goal.
th9xer
9x Developer

Post by th9xer »

Ah now the picture is much clearer. So you are running the protocol code in an external ATMega like me, you just prefer a different method of switching between them. I though as some others did you had integrated the protocol code into ER9x. Thanks for staying the distance and clearing that up. Reading your comments back now make much more sense.
midelic

Post by midelic »

As I said before with mike it is possible to do that but doesn't worth the effort...theres are not so many pins left on M64..I need for that 4-5pins free.Plus you can make it easily external or put everything inside if you want.
th9xer
9x Developer

Post by th9xer »

You certainly confused me for a bit. Especially by using the WLToys transmitter in your video, I thought you had maybe done that to free pins up. Now I fully understand the idea, I like it more !
midelic

Post by midelic »

That WLtoys is transformed TX DIY with serial lCD and M64 core,,,,,and of course modded ER9X firmware..I used more for testing different things and ideas.PB used an attiny for interface....but i don't like it,.... used like that ...if you already using another chip better put all protocols on that one and that's it.

Your module/code can be easily adapted to be used like that with a modified er9x.
th9xer
9x Developer

Post by th9xer »

Yes indeed it could be modded to use the same selection code as you, good point.

Cam.
midelic

Post by midelic »

Standard serial connection to Er9x (Turnigy 9X)-Frsky/openlrsng telemetry.Posted that because I see is not very clear,from tutorials.
Attachments
ER9x_telemetry.jpg

Return to “er9x”