"Flip" button on Syma X1/WLToys v949

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
Kilrah

Re: "Flip" button on Syma X1/WLToys v949

Post by Kilrah »

I've been flashing with the first set of fuses.

Macadamia

Post by Macadamia »

Excellent ! And thank you.

If you are like me you should do this :

Code: Select all

avrdude -c usbasp -p m328p -U flash:w:ppm2spi.hex:i
avrdude -c usbasp -p m328p -U lfuse:w:0xFF:m -U hfuse:w:0xDA:m -U efuse:w:0x05:m
midelic

Post by midelic »

qwerty009

Post by qwerty009 »

I've read there's PCB for DIY module, but i wasn't able to find any parts list for those PCB's (what value components to use).

There's also similar thread in RCgroups forum ( http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1954078 ). There is 8Mhz arduino used, but in here i read that it's too slow? Code for slower vers is obviously different, but is there some downside also with slower atmel chip?
midelic

Post by midelic »

What means slow?Stop quad in mid air?
It is working fine on M8-8mhz for me and for another dozen of people.

kaos

Post by kaos »

IN wiki there is a part list go along with the pcb.
midelic

Post by midelic »

Good news for 2014.
It appears that all Hubsan versions hold hidden features ,in this case telemetry.
Goebish on deviation forum cracked the code and implemented already in deviation software.
For the moment hubsan lipo voltage monitoring telemetry on Tx.
http://www.deviationtx.com/forum/protoc ... =340#17674
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

I can confirm that when I bind my first version x4 to the new fpv version's radio it does show onboard battery voltage, I was surprised...

Envoyé de mon GT-I8190N en utilisant Tapatalk
midelic

Post by midelic »

According with the guys there even Hubsan v1 and v2 hold also telemetry.
I was too lazy.I followed PB code explanations.I should hook up the analyzer and see for myself.
k3po

Post by k3po »

I just received some PCB's, based upon th9xer's work. (production files rc-ppm-2-spi, November 2013).
They are looking good and at the moment, I'm ordering the components for soldering. When I'm finished building a module and tested it for myself, I can sell some spare PCB's, if someone is interested.
I would only take the production and shipping costs of a PCB plus a little donation to th9xer for his work for developing the circuit and designing the PCB. I would then forward the donation to th9xer.
The problem is, that I tried to get in contact with th9xer, but with no luck at the moment.
@th9xer: I hope, you are doing fine!

I also recognised, that th9xer had ordered a batch of PCB's too, but have some trouble with delivery. Therefore, I want not give mine away, before he sold his. Except th9exr will give me his o.k.

So, I hope th9exr will read this post and I can get in contact with him.

binary regards

k3po
th9xer
9x Developer

Post by th9xer »

I'M BACK !

As always very sorry for the delay, time just seems to get away from me. The PCB's are here and tested and work. Only point to mention is due to the physical construction of the Spektrum module case you may need to extend the module pins in the back of your 9x, I had to on mine, Taranis is fine. I have updated the roll call here viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2672&p=59690#p59690 and will PM them people shortly.

I totally understand if you no longer require a PCB, It's been a while after all. No pressure either way.
k3po wrote:I just received some PCB's, based upon th9xer's work.....snip.... I can sell some spare PCB's, if someone is interested.
Given the time I have taken I kind of expected this would happen. Sincere thanks for taking the time to post here and offering me some grace before selling them. I currently have enough to cover the people on the list I mentioned above (but only just) so we may need your PCB's to. I will try and watch this thread a bit better in the coming weeks and hopefully we can between us sort everyone with a PCB.
midelic wrote:Good news for 2014.
It appears that all Hubsan versions hold hidden features ,in this case telemetry
Now this is interesting, very interesting. Aren't I glad I broke the async serial tx pin out on the PCB :)

EDIT: Everyone has been PM'ed.

Cam.
shaddi

Post by shaddi »

jfyi: I've added the telemetry-functions at https://github.com/shadow974/TxAdapter/ ... -telemetry
The code is not based on the code in this topic but i think somebody can find some usefull snippets for the telemetry-stuff there :)
depronman

Post by depronman »

hi, can I just check that if a buy a FLYSKY module (9 Channel Set FlySky FS-9CH TH9X-B 2.4 GHz transmitter module) that I will be able to bind this to a WL Toys 949 quad ?

The toy transmitter that came with the V949 only provides enough control input to the quad when on 100% setting, but the quad will flip if the right hand stick is moved anywhere past about 1/2 stick movement. All I want to max movement without the quad flipping.
So, if the above module is suitable, I can fit the module into an JR 3810 and use this transmitter / module combination instead of the toy one which came with the V949.

One last question, will I still be able to switch the lights on / off from the JR 3810 ?

Best regards,
Paul
th9xer
9x Developer

Post by th9xer »

I can't vouch for the V949 100% as I have never owned one. However others tell me it uses the FlySky protocol.

Will a FlySky module work a V949 with your JR Tx ? Depends on channel order and modulation polarity. You need. Aileron, Elevator, Throttle, Rudder, but unsure on modulation polarity. Again can't comment on JR never owned one. Maybe others can help here ?

No you won't be able to turn the lights on.

My module however is flexible on channel order, modulation polarity, and you will be able to use the lights. :)

Cam.
Daedalus66

"Flip" button on Syma X1/WLToys v949

Post by Daedalus66 »

WARNING. You MUST NOT plug a real FlySky module into a JR module-type transmitter without significant modification to the module.

The problem is that the JR FM modules were designed to get regulated 6v from the transmitter on pin 2. The FlySky modules, however, simply ground pin 2. Consequently, plugging in such a module may damage the transmitter.

There may also be issues with signal level and/or polarity. There is a discussion of all this somewhere in RCGroups about three years ago, but I can't remember whether anyone succeeded in getting the FS module to work with a JR transmitter.
depronman

Post by depronman »

th9xer wrote:I can't vouch for the V949 100% as I have never owned one. However others tell me it uses the FlySky protocol.

Will a FlySky module work a V949 with your JR Tx ? Depends on channel order and modulation polarity. You need. Aileron, Elevator, Throttle, Rudder, but unsure on modulation polarity. Again can't comment on JR never owned one. Maybe others can help here ?

No you won't be able to turn the lights on.

My module however is flexible on channel order, modulation polarity, and you will be able to use the lights. :)

Cam.
Where do I find instructions on how to build your module / Is it available ready built / is the circuit board available

Sorry for so many question :)
Paul
th9xer
9x Developer

Post by th9xer »

I think this will answer most of your questions: http://code.google.com/p/rc-ppm-2-spi/ BOM, schematic and a lot more is listed here.

It isn't available ready build and yes I still have some PCB's left.
depronman

Post by depronman »

th9xer wrote:I think this will answer most of your questions: http://code.google.com/p/rc-ppm-2-spi/ BOM, schematic and a lot more is listed here.

It isn't available ready build and yes I still have some PCB's left.
Looks very interesting, and I think I would be able to build the module.
I have been playing with the orange RX3S 3 axis stabiliser over the last few months, changing the firmware etc. This is based around a Atmega 168pa, so I already have a USBasp and associated 6 pin cable - would this be suitable to program the Atmega 328 using Extreme Burner ?
I managed to blow an Atmega 168pa chip (don't ask :)), and successfully removed and replaced the 168pa, so soldering skills are reasonable.

I also have a scrap JR 35mhz module that I can use to get a module case, and can remove the A7105 RF Module from the WL Toys tranny, so all in all the cost is reasonable.

Will the board that you have available allow direct connection to a JR radio by fitting a suitable connector in place of the red/black/white fly leads which connected the module to the radio in your pictures ? or will the fly leads still be needed ?

Do you see any other problems with using your module in a JR radio ? (I see that the channel order is changeable to TAER via Jumper 2)
Assuming the above answers are favourable I would like to purchase a board please, can paypal you the money

Sorry for so many questions.
Best regards,
Paul
th9xer
9x Developer

Post by th9xer »

• The USBasp and Extreme Burner look perfect.
  • Removing SMT chips and replacing them is far harder then soldering fresh ones so you should be fine.
  • Not sure is will fit the JR module case but you can try, it's intended for the Spektrum replacement module case, part No SPM6817E.
  • The fly leads are all gone. They were there as I botched the first run of PCBs up. Wiki has now been updated to reflect the current version.
  • I see no other problem using your JR tx. We need to check the PPM polarity but the firmware can be made to cope with either.
  • Wiki updated with payment instructions http://code.google.com/p/rc-ppm-2-spi/w ... heHardware
  • No problem on the questions, all sensible ones !
depronman

Post by depronman »

th9xer wrote:
  • The USBasp and Extreme Burner look perfect.
  • Removing SMT chips and replacing them is far harder then soldering fresh ones so you should be fine.
  • Not sure is will fit the JR module case but you can try, it's intended for the Spektrum replacement module case, part No SPM6817E.
  • The fly leads are all gone. They were there as I botched the first run of PCBs up. Wiki has now been updated to reflect the current version.
  • I see no other problem using your JR tx. We need to check the PPM polarity but the firmware can be made to cope with either.
  • Wiki updated with payment instructions http://code.google.com/p/rc-ppm-2-spi/w ... heHardware
  • No problem on the questions, all sensible ones !
Hi, followed the link above to buy a board, but I can't find it. Am I looking in the wrong place ?

Cheers,
Paul
th9xer
9x Developer

Post by th9xer »

Did you read this bit ?

Q: When will PCBs be available ?
A: Now. I was going to add a Paypal button here but Paypal want business details and all sorts of complicated kak so instead just email the address in this picture and I will send you a Paypal request for the funds. Click on the pic for a larger version.
Attachments
overview_03.jpg
midelic

Post by midelic »

I intend to do a multiprotocol switch from ER9X .I already hacked ER8X firmware for that.It will be using the same pinout as for frsky mod(PPM,TX,VCC,GND,RX).No more watching LEDs color and mixer mods on channel 8.This one below is an example...but can be added any other protocol.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fs10LM1oI_A
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

What's the advantage?

With the CH8 method you just need one line to define the protocol and it has the advantage of being stored with the model. Load model, protocol is correct. Here you need to choose manually on every start...
midelic

Post by midelic »

Advantage is that the other is complicated...edit mix for channel 8 for any protocol..plus remember how each color led code is what...
And no need to choose all the time ..if you see in the video when switched off/on...the previously chosen protocol is memorized in eeprom(only press any key)....and get serial feed back after the specific protocol is initialized..If no protocol ,,,the screen remain in binding state.
I can modify ..when select the specific protocol at start to load also the coresponding model from eeprom.
th9xer
9x Developer

Post by th9xer »

Nice job, love to see all the details when it's done.

Fair to point out I don't find my setup complicated, I don't ever need to look at the LEDs or worry about setting channel 8, it's all part of the model setup, done once never worried about again. Want to setup another Hubsan model ? Copy the model setup over and start from that, etc.

The only problem I have with putting lots of differing RF modules in one transmitter is you have lots of antennas (Or you build a switcher, which is none trivial to most). Lot's of internal antennas might be ok for indoor models as you can hide them in the Tx, but not much good for anything of greater range. Still I commend you for integrating the protocols into the code.
midelic

Post by midelic »

You maybe not...but you need a confirmation that the protocol is loaded...plus is difficult for newbies to set the mixer on 8 channel and calculate each model.Of course itf you are experienced is not a problem.
Another point is that I intend to use for different modules not only for A7105 but for cc2500(Frsky) and hisky(nrf).I already ported PB frsky code in arduino..and others will follow.
Anyway is an idea...is not like I force people to follow this idea.
About the multi protocol you can hide antennas in single one......using antenna wires coax(antenna connectors)...PB did it for his multi protocol on devo TX.
http://www.deviationtx.com/forum/7-deve ... sal-module
th9xer
9x Developer

Post by th9xer »

Interesting idea hiding the antennas in the same casing. So the other conductors so close have no effect on range and signal pattern etc. ?
midelic wrote:It will be using the same pinout as for frsky mod(PPM,TX,VCC,GND,RX).
So you intend to have all the RF modules in one external module ? How are you going to communicate with them PPM ?
midelic

Post by midelic »

It is simple...If you are aware of 9x frsky mod..those ...famous 5 pins(There are 5 pins anyway)..(PPM,TX,VCC,GND,RX)...This is good also for telemetry.For example Hubsan(there is already code for it) and Frsky holds telemetry also.
RX and TX pins (MOSI MISO) control the init code of the coresponding module...serial feedback(in my video there is feedback serial after the each module starts....and display on screen(Ok I'll modify the string say Hubsan ON for example))
The other modules are in idle mode..not transmittig or receiving anything...About interference...PB is more advanced ...he said is ok whitout problem.
Er9X is such a nice software is a pity that deviation firmware took lead in this area.
Last edited by midelic on Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Are you asking for some more protocols to be added to er9x? The mega64 is getting very full, so probably nothig for that, but the versions for the '128 and '2561 could probably have more protocols.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
midelic

Post by midelic »

No I'm not asking anything.I know you guys are very busy...
No, not fully integrated(it is posible but not feasible) ... but the multi protocols selection from er9x firmware...doesn't take much space...As you see the video above added mod on M64.
As you know there is already 5 pins activated from Frsky...using TX/RX pins for multiprotocol selection of a multi protocol module like PB's or th9xer...or mine.

Return to “er9x”