"Flip" button on Syma X1/WLToys v949

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
akkuschrauber

Re: "Flip" button on Syma X1/WLToys v949

Post by akkuschrauber »

Macadamia wrote:I change A7105 module but I can't bind any model...
LEDs light on correctly but I suppose there's no transmitting signal.

I would like your advise about my hardware wirering.
Macadamia wrote: I use Arduino pro mini with 5V regulator (7805 and 2 caps : 22µF IN & 100nF OUT). So every output of it have max 5V.
I use v949 transmitter module now with 3.3V regulator((LP2950 3.3V and 2 caps 22µF IN & 100nF OUT).
Macadamia wrote: I connect SCS, SCK and SDIO to Arduino through voltage dividers to put 5V voltage down to 3.3V.
SCS -> Arduino Analog 3
SCK -> Analog 2
SDIO -> Analog 1

Bind Switch between Analog 5 and GND (without resistor). It seems to work correctly.

Did I made ​​a mistake ?
Ironie: read [Wikipedia.de] http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarkasmus

akkuschrauber

Post by akkuschrauber »

Macadamia wrote:I change A7105 module but I can't bind any model...
LEDs light on correctly but I suppose there's no transmitting signal.

I would like your advise about my hardware wirering.
I try to fiddle your problems out :P
Macadamia wrote: I use Arduino pro mini with 5V regulator (7805 and 2 caps : 22µF IN & 100nF OUT). So every output of it have max 5V.
I use v949 transmitter module now with 3.3V regulator((LP2950 3.3V and 2 caps 22µF IN & 100nF OUT).
Thats ok, on 3.3V regulator comes 3.3V as output right ?
Macadamia wrote: I connect SCS, SCK and SDIO to Arduino through voltage dividers to put 5V voltage down to 3.3V.
SCS -> Arduino Analog 3
SCK -> Analog 2
SDIO -> Analog 1

Bind Switch between Analog 5 and GND (without resistor). It seems to work correctly.

Did I made ​​a mistake ?
I think, here are your problems, because of wrong wiring ...
SDIO belongs to PB3 (MOSI), not ADC1
SCK to PB5 (SCK), not ADC2

SCS to ADC3 (PC3) <--- that's ok
Bind button to ADC5 (PC5) <--- that's ok

I don't know if there are lots of changes, but I use the schematics from r44 and modified it a little to my needs (exactly the same WL V949 TX Module)... maybe I post here my schematics ...
But I don't know, if r49 schematics with r52 software (both actual !) are working with ...
If I get time, I check that, but first I must update my new USBasp to deliver 3.3V AND 5.0V and it's firmware to newest, to get auto SCK etc.

My old USBasp programmer has done a longer smoking break and don't want to work with me anymore :D but that was my fault, not the programmer ... I delivered power to my experiment, but it was selfpowered ... and with NO protection (resistors) on ICSP lines, the programmers ATMega8L died ...
I always thought electronic devices works with white smoke, NOW I KNOW IT ! :D
Attachments
PPM2SPI_Hubsan_Modul_r44.pdf
(24.2 KiB) Downloaded 497 times
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

I just received a new Hubsan X4 "V2", with the LEDs, little rubber "feet" etc.
For the record it doesn't work with the older r14 I am succesfully using with the old one (binding but no throttle), probably because of the bug Cam fixed recently. I won't upgrade my module as going to the current revision would require the pinout changes for the hardware SPI, and the HW on my module is messy to say the least, prefer not to risk breaking it.

I'll just wait for Cam's PCB for this one.
Macadamia

Post by Macadamia »

akkuschrauber wrote: Thats ok, on 3.3V regulator comes 3.3V as output right ?
Yes
akkuschrauber wrote: I think, here are your problems, because of wrong wiring ...
SDIO belongs to PB3 (MOSI), not ADC1
SCK to PB5 (SCK), not ADC2
OK OK OK
I search connection and I found that :
MOSI - Arduino digital 11
MISO - Arduino digital 12
SCK - Arduino digital 13
PB3 (MOSI) ---> D11
PB5 (SCK) ---> D13

To program directly the chip I use this :
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... g_Tool.html

Thank you for all, I'll test that quickly.
th9xer
9x Developer

Post by th9xer »

Macadamia wrote: To program directly the chip I use this :
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... g_Tool.html

Thank you for all, I'll test that quickly.
Yes that programming lead should work.

Have you also wired the level convertor resistors exactly as the schematic ? They perform two tasks, they convert 5v to 3.3v and they also convert the SPI bus from having separate IO pins into one bidirectional pin. If you haven't wired them as the schematic I doubt it will work.

@Kilrah
You want some scrap PCBs ? Did you get my PM ? Also I'll get a chance to test the module with a V2 on Wednesday. I'll keep you updated. Really really looking forward to the X4 Camera and X4 FPV versions that are due !!

Cam.

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Yep sorry, always forget those PMs, saw it on my mobile when I was on the move and that marks them as read on the forum...

I'll have some, but I'll just wait until you get the V2s so that you can send them all together, avoids unnecessary shipping and I'm leaving for 2 weeks shortly anyway :)
th9xer
9x Developer

Post by th9xer »

No probs, wasn't going to worry about postage costs for the scrap PCB's, but no problem either way.

Cam.
Macadamia

Post by Macadamia »

th9xer wrote: Have you also wired the level convertor resistors exactly as the schematic ? They perform two tasks, they convert 5v to 3.3v and they also convert the SPI bus from having separate IO pins into one bidirectional pin. If you haven't wired them as the schematic I doubt it will work.
Yes, I have done that.

Now hardware works. Thank you very much. I've tryed led fonction on v949 chanel 5. Works too.
It's amazing !

I'll try to make schématic for those who want to use an Arduino pro mini or nano instead of atmel chip only.
Macadamia

Post by Macadamia »

Hi,

I would like to make one module like this :
Because I don't found JR module Case type 615, they are out of stock everywhere...

It use trainer port (PPM and ground) and powered with 1S LiPo inside.
I think it's possible to make one with Arduino FIO. This arduino can drive LiPo 1S charging and using. But it's only 8MHz clock speed. Is it possible PPM2SPI works with this speed clock ?
To compact hardware, it's possible exchange 4 LED by one RGB colours LED and one for bind.

@+
JC
akkuschrauber

Post by akkuschrauber »

Macadamia wrote:Hi,

I would like to make one module like this :
Because I don't found JR module Case type 615, they are out of stock everywhere...
You can resuse an "old" Graupner 3857 35MHz TX Module from ebay, somtimes you get it for 1-2 Euro or new: Graupner 3857
Macadamia wrote: It use trainer port (PPM and ground) and powered with 1S LiPo inside.
I think it's possible to make one with Arduino FIO. This arduino can drive LiPo 1S charging and using. But it's only 8MHz clock speed. Is it possible PPM2SPI works with this speed clock ?
I think 8MHz are to slow to drive hardware SPI with PPM conversion etc.
But you can use an Arduino Pro Mini 5V / 16MHz, I tested this and it worked right from my breadboard.
One small 2S LiPo, a 3.3V voltage regulator and the rest of the actual schematic ...
Fits easily into some small box, but don't forget to integrate a charging connector :D
Macadamia wrote: To compact hardware, it's possible exchange 4 LED by one RGB colours LED and one for bind.

@+
JC
Why not ? 8-)
Macadamia

Post by Macadamia »

akkuschrauber wrote: You can resuse an "old" Graupner 3857 35MHz TX Module from ebay, somtimes you get it for 1-2 Euro or new: Graupner 3857
Very idea. But this seller don't ship to France. May be there are other cheap JR modules.
akkuschrauber wrote: I think 8MHz are to slow to drive hardware SPI with PPM conversion etc.
But you can use an Arduino Pro Mini 5V / 16MHz, I tested this and it worked right from my breadboard.
One small 2S LiPo, a 3.3V voltage regulator and the rest of the actual schematic ...
Fits easily into some small box, but don't forget to integrate a charging connector :D
OK. Or it's possible to pull up 3.7V to 5V with step up converter like this https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10255 or same.

Otherwise, I've just try Hubsan X4 v2. It's strange...
When hubsan have just been bind, the motors have started and worked like "heartbeat" (every second approximately). When I've push throttle heartbeat disappear and model seems to fly correctly.
Is it normal ?

@+
JC
akkuschrauber

Post by akkuschrauber »

Macadamia wrote:
akkuschrauber wrote: You can resuse an "old" Graupner 3857 35MHz TX Module from ebay, somtimes you get it for 1-2 Euro or new: Graupner 3857
Very idea. But this seller don't ship to France. May be there are other cheap JR modules.
He does !
"Versand nach: Weltweit" says: "shipping worldwide"
Here's the *bay USA link:
Graupner 3857
Macadamia wrote:
akkuschrauber wrote: I think 8MHz are to slow to drive hardware SPI with PPM conversion etc.
OK. Or it's possible to pull up 3.7V to 5V with step up converter like this https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10255 or same.
That is possible to do that, BUT I would'nt because of two points (at least):
If you use an "StepUP Boost" whatever converter, you can easily generate nearly double output, at the cost of MORE amperage used out of your LiPo AND second you'll get eg. "ripple voltage" because of the "DC - AC - DC" conversion, wich influent (more or less) your useable TX signal a lot, so limited range might be the lesser problem at the end ...

You only need one linear regulator like 7805 or so to get 5V out of an 2S LiPo (7.4V), the Arduino Pro Mini generate the second needed 3.3V.
Some LED, pushbutton, connector, resistor / capacitor stuff, some wires and you're ready ;)
Macadamia wrote: Otherwise, I've just try Hubsan X4 v2. It's strange...
When hubsan have just been bind, the motors have started and worked like "heartbeat" (every second approximately). When I've push throttle heartbeat disappear and model seems to fly correctly.
Is it normal ?

@+
JC
Strange :shock: :roll:
I don't really know atm, what that causes, maybe a little throttle trim ?

Do you wired the RX line from avr to PB0 at the avr ? ...
I have really no idea ...
th9xer
9x Developer

Post by th9xer »

Macadamia wrote: But it's only 8MHz clock speed. Is it possible PPM2SPI works with this speed clock ?
No, not fast enough.
Macadamia wrote: To compact hardware, it's possible exchange 4 LED by one RGB colours LED and one for bind.
Yes !

I agree with "akkuschrauber" a switching regulator may cause problems, that said my router has one in and the WiFi works fine. I would try it certainly but be sure to range check.

I tried a Hubsan X4 v2 today and it flew fine, identical to a v1. We shall keep an eye on the problem.
Macadamia

Post by Macadamia »

akkuschrauber wrote:
Macadamia wrote: Otherwise, I've just try Hubsan X4 v2. It's strange...
Is it normal ?

@+
JC
Do you wired the RX line from avr to PB0 at the avr ? ...
Yes. I was using first schematic post by blackmoon on third page of this thread. In this PPM is wired to arduino D8 (=PB0) with 1K resistor.

I haven't this problem with v949 quad neither Flysky receptor...

Thank you for all other informations (JR module and step-up convertor). Do you know any electronic hardware can drive charging LiPo 2S, and cand be wired easyly to arduino (may be I will use Nano and it's internal 5V regulator...).

@+
JC
th9xer
9x Developer

Post by th9xer »

This is the current and correct schematic.

Sorry don't know about Arduinoss and LiPo charging.
Attachments
rc-ppm-2-spi schematic.pdf
(84.66 KiB) Downloaded 468 times
Adoa

Post by Adoa »

HI Guys,
I read the wiki and it said that there was a component list or BOM available in the downloaded files, but I can't see any such thing...am I being dense? I am hoping to have a list of everything needed so I can take it to the local component shop and see if they have any/all of it, I am hoping to get an estimate of what the whole thing will cost. Is there a list like this...the only similar thing I can find is the component list in the KiCAD project...but that isn't printable and I am not sure if the list is single components or multiples.
th9xer
9x Developer

Post by th9xer »

Q: Where is the schematic and BOM
A: It's in the SVN repository, see wiki page DevelopmentSoftware for the software to download it and view it.

Or the direct link:

http://rc-ppm-2-spi.googlecode.com/svn/ ... pm2spi.xls
akkuschrauber

Post by akkuschrauber »

Macadamia wrote:
akkuschrauber wrote: Do you wired the RX line from avr to PB0 at the avr ? ...
Yes. I was using first schematic post by blackmoon on third page of this thread. In this PPM is wired to arduino D8 (=PB0) with 1K resistor.
Look at the actual schematic !
There are comments about connecting PB0 & Rx (JP1) together, this IS NOT implemented at the moment, so it's better to leve it unconnected, therefore the JP1, that's an jumper (bridge) to easily use it if it's later needed 8-)

The Arduino pinmapping above should be right, BUT you CAN'T use @blackmoon's (old) schematic because these days we got only software SPI, NOW we use hardware SPI !
Use the actual schematic posted from th9xer above with ACTUAL code.
Macadamia wrote: I haven't this problem with v949 quad neither Flysky receptor...
Not now ... but maybe later at flight ... :shock:
Macadamia wrote: Thank you for all other informations (JR module and step-up convertor). Do you know any electronic hardware can drive charging LiPo 2S, and cand be wired easyly to arduino (may be I will use Nano and it's internal 5V regulator...).

@+
JC
Why do you need a StepUp converter ?
If you use a Graupner TX Module (posted above), you don't need any other power source, you got lots of power from your TX :D
Macadamia

Post by Macadamia »

I DID USE blackmoon's schematic in first time. But now my hardware is made using schematic with r44. So it's up to date. I don't wire RX with D8 as long as it is not used.
akkuschrauber wrote: Not now ... but maybe later at flight ... :shock:
No problem after 3 hours of flight...

I try to understand why Hubsan motors start immediately. I think once model is binded motors should stay stopped... Is it possible to do monitoring via TX pin output? (baudrate ?) It's may be possible to track throttle chanel...

And about Graupner module, shipping costs to France are too expensive... After research JRPA615 seems to be restock in US shops. I'll see that later.
Adoa

Post by Adoa »

Thanks again for the help. I have been looking through all the info and if I am not too late please put my name down for a PCB...I have started to try sourcing the components here and I would love to build one. I have been watching a lot of SMD soldering videos and I am looking forward to trying some. :D
akkuschrauber

Post by akkuschrauber »

Macadamia wrote:I DID USE blackmoon's schematic in first time. But now my hardware is made using schematic with r44. So it's up to date. I don't wire RX with D8 as long as it is not used.
Sorry, my english isn't perfect, I misunderstood used <--> use ...
Maybe it was too late for me :lol:

The schematic from r44 (r49 !) has no changes, so this is working ...
Macadamia wrote: No problem after 3 hours of flight...
Hope and pray ... :mrgreen:
Macadamia wrote: I try to understand why Hubsan motors start immediately. I think once model is binded motors should stay stopped... Is it possible to do monitoring via TX pin output? (baudrate ?) It's may be possible to track throttle channel...
Hubsan X4 binds automatically after powering TX and Quad, so you only have to power your TX first, then your X4. Maybe there's the failure ?
What are your settings for CH8 ?
My settings: (er9x-r788)
EDIT MIX CH8
Source -> FULL
Weight -> -25
... (no changes)
Switch -> ON
... (no changes)

I power first my beloved FS-TH9X TX, then my (my wifes) Hubsan X4 (v1 relabeled Revell in Germany), no short spinning of motors, no other mysteria ...

I tried the other way too, power the X4 first, then my TX, but no failures,
it binds and flies like it should.
But be safe, first power TX then RX (as always!). ;)

hmmm ... I don't know, but ...
How about your Module power source ? Maybe some voltage break after powering your TX?
The new code (r52) works with my Hubsan X4 and my Veroboard Module (r44) without trouble ...
Macadamia wrote: And about Graupner module, shipping costs to France are too expensive... After research JRPA615 seems to be restock in US shops. I'll see that later.
Sorry for my misunderstanding, but from Germany to France are sooo much postage?
If I buy something within EU (e.g. GB) I only pay 1-3 Euro per shipping ...

Hope you get your Module right, I have no other ideas ... sorry ;)
Macadamia

Post by Macadamia »

Thank you for all M. akkuschrauber. I have not been able to test again Hubsan X4v2...(it's not mine)

But I have new problem now. I'll try to explain.
I'd ordered new A7105-500m module and I had exchanged antenna wire by removable antenna on SMA-RP connector. My hardware seems to works but when I've tested it in gymnasium, I was unpleasantly surprised : RF range was 5 meters ! ! !
My old A7105-500m module works to as same range with original antenna.
Today I've tested differents antenna and I have same problem.
It's strange, because with v949 transmitter module I had not this problem.

I'd ordered my 2 A7105-500m on eBay :
http://www.ebay.fr/itm/A7105-500m-wirel ... 1c3291e3d5

I also flew my v949 with Flysky module to compare
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-FS-GT ... 66598.html
No problem (but no extra functions)
(PS : I'll order another one to customise it ;) )

I have to reuse v949 transmitter module... Or there's a problem with my hardware...

Transmitter Turnigy 9X with OpenTX firmware r2413.
Macadamia

Post by Macadamia »

I confirm.
No problem with v949 transmitter module.

I will use my hardware only indoor (gymnasium). I have no solution to extend range.
Daryoon

Post by Daryoon »

Did you install the SMA-RP connector properly. That is, ground the coaxial sleeve?
akkuschrauber

Post by akkuschrauber »

Daryoon wrote:Did you install the SMA-RP connector properly. That is, ground the coaxial sleeve?
That's also my first question ... ;)
Can you provide pictures of your building (module, antenna), maybe as macro photo?
Macadamia

Post by Macadamia »

Daryoon wrote:Did you install the SMA-RP connector properly. That is, ground the coaxial sleeve?
Yes.

My first test had been done with original wire antenna. But I didn't test range, just on my desk. Then I exchanged with SMA-RP connector. After I tested on my desk... It seemed to be good. But in gymnasium I had only 5 meters range !
Back home I exchanged SMA-RP connector with original wire antenna. No improvement.
All these tests were done with a recent A7105-500M module.
I found an "old" A7105-500M module which had been abused in my first attempts. It worked but no improvement...etc.

It's strange because I haven't these problems with RF-20DBM-002 module. It is a pity not to be able to find it on eBay...

I'll let my modules A7105 to a friend (ham radio) to test.
Macadamia

Post by Macadamia »

Hi,

I haven't find the origine of my A7105 modules problems... Anyway...

I have tested other models today : Wltoys v939 v949 and v959.
v949 : no problem (chanel 5 = lights)
v959 : no problem (chanel 5 = lights, chanel 6 = camera on/off or missile one shot... chanel 7 = missiles 6x shots - I'll try bubble blower and water cannon soon)
v939 : PROBLEM it's impossible to bind. Binding v939 is special but works with FlySky FS-GT3 FS-TH9X module. I have tried "FlySky mod" and "FlySky" slots. No success... It's strange.
I suppose there are subtleties in binding process. Unfortunatly I haven't original v939 transmitter (I will try tomorrow with a friend's transmitter)
Daryoon

Post by Daryoon »

On the v939, I believe it's one of those FlySky units that requires rebinding on each startup. And after the bind, you have to cycle the TX power. Leave the lipo in the v939 as is.

You have to do this process everytime. Easy once you are aware of it.
Macadamia

Post by Macadamia »

Yes. With v939 I have to rebind each startup (or new lipo).
I've just tested and then it works "fine" (v939 isn't the best model of WLToys).
But there's something strange : after changing lipo (TX turned ON) the model led stops to flash and stays light on (bind seems to be succesful). But motors won't start. I suppose model waits particular information. Otherwise, original TX do automatic bind each time turns ON. It will be interesting to make an automatic binding slot...

Thanks.
Daryoon

Post by Daryoon »

Try throttle stick full then back to Zero. The v202 series protocol requires that measure. Even with it's stock TX. I wonder if you have to do that operation here?

Otherwise, when you switch lipo in the v939. You have to turn off radio and put it in bind mode again. Basically the whole operation.

On the Devo/DeviationX. I believe the TX does send a completion signal of some sort.

Return to “er9x”