er9x development

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
flybabo

Re: er9x development

Post by flybabo »

Gents,
I think this discussion fits better on "ersky9x coding" thread as it may get other people's attention.

Moska

Post by Moska »

Dears,

I have a M64 processor running last version of er9x (R820 Frsky NT) and I would like to double check with you, if possible, of course!

In my tx, I detected 3 issues, listed below:

1) volume control in my tx is not working correctly when I am using Global Vars. When I am using GV7 set in volume control, tx use values of GV4 instead GV7.

2) After backup a model and download again the same model in other position, I could detect that SCALER SC4 are bring a wrong data on the fields.

3)After backup a model and download again the same model in other position, I could detect that in Voice -> VA8 -> voice file is changed to a wrong value too.

Please, someone detected some issue like the informations above?

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I confirm "1)" is a bug, I'll fix that!
For "2)" and "3)", are you reading the EEPROM with eepe, copying the model to another slot, then writing the EEPROM back to the radio?

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Moska

Post by Moska »

MikeB wrote:I confirm "1)" is a bug, I'll fix that!
For "2)" and "3)", are you reading the EEPROM with eepe, copying the model to another slot, then writing the EEPROM back to the radio?

Mike.
Hi Mike,

Thanks for your fast answer!

All the process of case 2 and 3 I did directly on the radio.
I choose a model, backup this to EEPROM and after that I restore this model in another position/slots from EEPROM.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I just tested a "backup" and a "restore", with entries in SC4 and VA8 for a model. They appeared to be handled correctly and were in the restored model.
I am running a test version of er9x (for r821) from 7-Apr-2016, rather than r820 itself.

If you just want to copy a model, you do have the COPY option on the model select menu, and the MOVE option if you want the copy in a particular place.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer

Moska

Post by Moska »

MikeB wrote:I just tested a "backup" and a "restore", with entries in SC4 and VA8 for a model. They appeared to be handled correctly and were in the restored model.
I am running a test version of er9x (for r821) from 7-Apr-2016, rather than r820 itself.

If you just want to copy a model, you do have the COPY option on the model select menu, and the MOVE option if you want the copy in a particular place.

Mike.
Hi Mike,

Thank you for your attention!
My main idea was, how I don't have enough space to keep many models list, I following a procedure to backup one model to SDcard and delete the current one from the radio after this backup! Thus, radio can handle better memory and avoid memory alerts!

In other opportunity, when I need the model saved on the SDcard, I am deleting another model from the radio and restore the model that I need from the SDCard with a restore command!
Unfortunately, in this restore, I detected these issues.

When I copied model and move for another position everything worked well.

I tested with eepe, download the model saved on the SDCard and the result was the same issue.

I will try to update my radio with r821 and double check if everything is ok!

Many thanks for your support!

Best Regards,
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

If possible, please do the following test.
1. Read your EEPROM using eepe.
2. Save a model as a .eepm file from eepe.
3. upload the .eepm file to the SD card.
4. Now try restoring this model in the radio, does it load correctly.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
Moska

Post by Moska »

MikeB wrote:If possible, please do the following test.

Mike.
Ok Mike!

I will follow your instruction when I arrived at home!

Thanks more one time for your attention
bob195558

Post by bob195558 »

Hi Moska,
You could also consider upgrading to the 9Xtreme Upgrade Board which uses erSky9x and on your PC you would use eepSkye.
You will gain the ability store all of your eeprom model list on the 9Xtreme Upgrade Board.
See here for more info: (viewtopic.php?f=95&t=7182).

Bob B.
Er9x on 9x radio, with Smartieparts Programmer and TelemetrEZ Board.
ErSky9x on Taranis, Sky9x, 9Xtreme radios.
3D-Printing: (https://openrcforums.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=129).
Moska

Post by Moska »

bob195558 wrote:Hi Moska,
You could also consider upgrading to the 9Xtreme Upgrade Board which uses erSky9x and on your PC you would use eepSkye.
You will gain the ability store all of your eeprom model list on the 9Xtreme Upgrade Board.
See here for more info: (viewtopic.php?f=95&t=7182).

Bob B.
This one, is on my wish list! But I need to study more this upgrade! Thanks for the link!
Moska

Post by Moska »

Moska wrote:
MikeB wrote:If possible, please do the following test.

Mike.
Ok Mike!

I will follow your instruction when I arrived at home!

Thanks more one time for your attention
Hi Mike,

I follow your instructions and The result is different but keep some wrong information! :(
Thus I tried to investigate more the problem and thus I
Case1:
1. Read EEPROM using eepe.
3. Simulate this model on eepe results was ok, same as the radio.

Case2:
1. Backup a model to SDCard
2. List SDCard models using eepe.
3. Save a model as a .eepm file from SDCard by eepe.
4. Simulate this model on eepe results was ok, same as the radio.

Thus, I could detect that backup procedure was good! At least I am thinking about.

Case3:
1. Sent the model.eepm from the case1 to SDCard by eepe.
2. Restore this model to radio
3. Test on radio, detect issues on VA8->file number "-254", instead of "11"
4. Detect more one issue on SC4->name informing "ACR_" instead "ACRO"

Case4:
1. Sent the model.eepm from the case2 to SDCard by eepe
2. Restore this model to radio
3. Test on radio, detect issues on VA8->file number "SC4", instead of "11"
4. Detect more one issue on SC4->name informing "ACRÂ" instead "ACRO"

Other thing that I could detect in restore procedure is that the file restored always have 1 to 2 bytes more than the original one as per you can see in the pictures.Image
ImageImageImage

Please, could you help on this issue?

Best Regards,
Moska
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I just put your values for SC4 and VA8 into a model, did the backup then a restore and the values were correct.
It is possible it is the firmware in the voice module that is causing the problem as that is where the conversion takes place to/from .eepm.

Do you know what firmware you have on your voice module?

I note that the file posted here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4598#p64969 (amod_last.zip), has a comment with it "Fix the formatting of the .eepm file so it reads properly in eepe.".

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
Moska

Post by Moska »

MikeB wrote:I just put your values for SC4 and VA8 into a model, did the backup then a restore and the values were correct.
It is possible it is the firmware in the voice module that is causing the problem as that is where the conversion takes place to/from .eepm.

Do you know what firmware you have on your voice module?

I note that the file posted here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4598#p64969 (amod_last.zip), has a comment with it "Fix the formatting of the .eepm file so it reads properly in eepe.".

Mike.
Mike,

In fact I didn't now my last version of "amod_last.hex, thus I instaled right now the version found on the link sent in your last post.
Unfortunately, the result was the same :(

I annexed here my model "M4Quad FPV" that I found this issue. Maybe, we can use this file to check where I am doing wrong.

I tryed to start a new model and only change information from SC4 and VA8 (insert same infos found on the M4Quad FPV) and I tryed to show on display in the same position of the telemetry custom display, SC4 information, it mean Last position of this window display.

I could detect 3 things in my radio:
1. I can not set/change information on this last position of telemetry Custom Display. Could you check if it only happens in my radio?
2. After Backup and Restore this new Test Model, the name "ACRO" on the SC4 was changed to "ACR "
3. After Backup and Restore this new Test Model, VA8 bring a wrong value on the Number Voice Value of "-245", instead of Value "11". same issue found on the M4Quad FPV

I would like to thank you in advance for your attention

Best Regards,
Moska
Attachments
M4Quad FPV.eepm
(1.43 KiB) Downloaded 331 times
Moska

Post by Moska »

Dears,

Sorry for this inconvenience, but please, some one could tested or detected the same problem?

I would like to understand if am doing something wrong or if I have a HW problem!

9xtreme of course will be the final solution, but as everybody now! The old solution is great too! And unfortunately, at least in this moment, buy things outside of Brazil is not so good, due fact of exchanges fees and customs problem.

Anyway, 9Xtreme is in my wish list! :)

Best Regards all!

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Using the test version of er9x I have from 7th April 2016, and the firmware I have on the voice module (not quite sure what I have there!), I did the following tests.
1. Use eepe to put your model .eepm onto the SD card of the voice module, then restored it to the radio. The name for SC4 (ACRO), is correct, but I also got -245 rather than 11 for the VA8 voice file. I note that 11 is 0x000B, while -245 is 0xFF0B, so this looks like some sort of sign extension problem somewhere.
2. I corrected the VA8 value to 11, then backed up the model and restored it to another model slot. The VA8 value of 11 was restored correctly.

Please go here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4598#p64969 and download and flash er9x from "er9xProv821d.zip". This is the firmware I'm testing with.

I'll do some more testing as soon as I have time.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
Moska

Post by Moska »

Hi, MikeB,

Many thanks, for your support!
I would like to explain that I update the FW of the Radio with r821d as adviced.

I could perform some tests from a new model changing only data from AV8 and SC4 with backup and restore commands, but unfortunately, result in my case were the same.

I take the model M4Quad FPV and change the information on the SC4 for another values and fix AV8 to "11". and partially the problem fix after backup and restored! When I changed again SC4 with old values issues happens again.

I expect these information can help to detect the real issue.

Thanks more one time! I will be available if you would like to tests some oportunities that maybe helps to detect this real issue.

Best Regards

Moska
Leesicin

Post by Leesicin »

Dear Mike, make a video NAZE32 setup SBUS! Asked people Donate to you. Thank you very much for your Job!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xut_mkM9jZc
dakotadog

Post by dakotadog »

hi everyone. i've been flying helis since 2011 and was able to upgrade my flysky th9x to run er9x. the last version i was able to update it with was er9x-r808 v1.2191-mike dated 12.11.2013. since then i lost intereset in flying helis because of protocol problems. there simply was too little choices that were using flysky protocol. fast forward to the present. i seem to read somewhere in the internet that a multiprotocol receiver is now available for use with the flysky th9x. this renewed my interest in flying helis once more specially quads. i want to upgrade my er9x so it will be able to use the multiprotocol receiver. any help you can offer me is much appreciated
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

andrewju

Post by andrewju »

Anyone tried to use "Quiet" beeper mode in recent er9x.hex?
I just reflashed another radio. Nothing special, just a 'stock' Turnigy 9x with an Atmega64. It's late here, so I thought I would keep beeper configuration at 'Quiet' so that the radio doesn't beep too much. I was surprised to see the 'Quiet' is actually noisier than 'NoKey'. In 'Quiet' mode, I get beeps on some key presses (for example when I press Exit and it makes some action - like leaving a menu).

Is that by purpose? I thought 'Quiet' is supposed to mean no beeps at all. There's even a warning at startup stating "Alarms disabled" when 'Quiet' mode is selected. Though, this warning is also accompanied by a beep. :)
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

In case you don't know, if you turn the radio ON while holding the MENU and EXIT keys, all sounds and voice (except inactivity alarm) will be muted, until you reboot the radio..
At least on er9x for m2561. Can't say for m64..

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I can see a line of code commented out that checked for the "quiet" setting. It is immediately after the check for the MUTE option.
When I added the MUTE option, I may have removed the test for "quiet" to save a few bytes on the M64.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
andrewju

Post by andrewju »

Yes, I remember about the mute option (confirmed to work on m64 as well!).
This Quiet thing is a bit confusing (at least the way it works now on m64). Does it make sense to remove that menu item at all (maybe on m64 versions only), if it doesn't work as initially designed? This is not that important though.

Oh, another minor thing that I noticed: when starting the radio with left horizontal trim held to the left, the startup splash screen shows random dots all over the screen. It doesn't look like an image or a text message, just random dots. As soon as trim button is released, the regular splash screen appears. Is that an expected behavior?
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Yes, on the M64, not enough flash space to display the text "Hardware Menu Enabled", which is displayed on the '128 and '2561.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Mike, as asked before by andrewju is the "Quiet" option really needed now that there is a better way to mute the radio without touching the settings?

Thanks

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
andrewju

Post by andrewju »

jhsa wrote:Mike, as asked before by andrewju is the "Quiet" option really needed now that there is a better way to mute the radio without touching the settings?
Well, if there is someone who prefers his radio to be silent by default, "Quiet" is the only way to achieve that without needing to hold Menu + Exit each time at power on.

But, since the Quiet option doesn't really work on m64, I wonder if there are many people out there with m128/2561 (or ARM) CPUs who uses Quiet mode (not Mute!) at all...
jhsa

Re: RE: Re: er9x development

Post by jhsa »

andrewju wrote: Well, if there is someone who prefers his radio to be silent by default, "Quiet" is the only way to achieve that without needing to hold Menu + Exit each time at power on.
Good point ;)

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I'll uncomment the code regarding quiet.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Moska wrote:I would like to explain that I update the FW of the Radio with r821d as adviced.

I could perform some tests from a new model changing only data from AV8 and SC4 with backup and restore commands, but unfortunately, result in my case were the same.

I take the model M4Quad FPV and change the information on the SC4 for another values and fix AV8 to "11". and partially the problem fix after backup and restored! When I changed again SC4 with old values issues happens again.
I haven't forgotten this problem!
I've been testing on my M64 system. This is using the parallel connection to the voice module, but does include the serial connections to allow backup and restore.

I read my EEPROM from the radio.
I loaded your "M4Quad FPV.eepm" into an emty slot.
I wrote the EEPROM back to the radio and checked the SC4 name was correct.
I did a backup of the "M4Quad FPV.eepm" to the SD card on the voice module.
I restored this to another slot.
On checking the restored model the SC4 name was still "ACRO".

Is your voice module on a parallel connection or are you using just the serial connection?

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
Moska

Post by Moska »

MikeB wrote:
Moska wrote:I would like to explain that I update the FW of the Radio with r821d as adviced.

I haven't forgotten this problem!
I've been testing on my M64 system. This is using the parallel connection to the voice module, but does include the serial connections to allow backup and restore.

I read my EEPROM from the radio.
I loaded your "M4Quad FPV.eepm" into an emty slot.
I wrote the EEPROM back to the radio and checked the SC4 name was correct.
I did a backup of the "M4Quad FPV.eepm" to the SD card on the voice module.
I restored this to another slot.
On checking the restored model the SC4 name was still "ACRO".

Is your voice module on a parallel connection or are you using just the serial connection?

Mike.
Hi Mike!

Many thanks for you efforts to help me again! :)
Well, I am using a parallel connection and serial to pc too![emoji15][emoji33]
Is it meaning that I have a HW problem? :(

Return to “er9x”