The new Turnigy 9X hardware can use ER9X ?

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
VVigor

Re: The new Turnigy 9X hardware can use ER9X ?

Post by VVigor »

All right So it seems like i dont have power in 3 and 4 pin in the back. Anyone knows what Could go wrong? Could soldering make any damage? Anyone knows the cables which correspond to the front od 9x?
20180129_191135.jpg

jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Did you short something?
Check for burnt traces on the power switch board..

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
VVigor

Post by VVigor »

Didn't short anything. No burnt traces. Look at the Picture- I decided to solder the two upper left "points" which correspond to +- 5v with 3 and 4 pin. Checked it a little diy and it worked! I'm Just a little curious if it Will not overload anything.
Screenshot_2018-01-29-20-17-53.png
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

DO NOT do that, unless you want to blow up your radio completely. Pin 3 of the module bay should have BATTERY VOLTAGE, not 5V, which is not enough for the Rf module anyway.
I do recommend you remove the connections you made. If the battery voltage for some reason comes back to the pin, it will toast the radio's electronics completely. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

I did look at the picture you posted, but what I said was for you to look for damaged or burnt tracks on the POWER SWITCH BOARD, not the one on your picture.
You asked for help, so please do what we suggest. :) We need to find the problem and fix it, that is how it works..
Checked it a little diy and it worked! I'm Just a little curious if it Will not overload anything.
And yes, powering the RF module from the radio's 5V voltage regulator which has a maximum current of only 100mA, will make it work beyond its maximum rating and probably shut it down, if not destroying it.

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
VVigor

Post by VVigor »

All right. I am and idiot, no kidding. I didn't think about power switch board, and as you said- I found burnt trace in there. After soldering it, everything works Great. Thank you very much for your help, really appreciate it!
20180131_092218.jpg

jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Told ya :)
We've been here long enough, and messing long enough with these.radios. I have 5 of them with different motherboards inside :)

The burnt trace means as I said before, that someone shorted something. Very easy to do.
Also, never reverse the battery's polarity. That would make a lot of damage..

Other than that, have fun with your radio. :) ;)

João

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
Spellbound

Post by Spellbound »

Hi all,
I have just bought a Turnigy 9x Model FS-TH9X version FS-TH9-BACK V19 2016-07-02, installed Smartie Parts SP programming board and upgraded the firmware to ER9X version V1.783-Mike SVN er9x-pr822. Except for the SP board and a LIFE battery everything else is generic. The ER9X software is working well, being able to calibrate and move through the software using both eePe and the TX screen.

My problem is that it will not communicate with either the iA8 of iA10 RX's being used to test with. I can bind both RX's OK. However I cannot get the sticks to move servo's. The TX9 worked OK prior to the upgrade. I have changed the Protocol Polarity from Pos to Neg and when testing using the iA10 RX changed the PPM FrLen from 22.0 to 26.5. When I use the "DaigAna" stick movement is evident with the A1 - A4 changing values with stick movement. Using only the "Simple 4-CH" template I cannot get servos to work on Ch 1- 4. The servo LED is continous red.

Can some one please suggest what the issue may be or further testing / setting changes to resolve the issue?

Hoping in anticipation of a favourble response.
Regards

Chris (Spellbound)
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I thought that module did respond to the normal PPM signal from the radio, but I don't have one of those modules so I can't check it out.
I do know the original 9X firmware includes a PCM signal output, and I believe that may be needed in order to have failsafe set from the module. I thought I've seen posts where someone else was using this module OK, but couldn't set failsafe.
Er9x doesn't (currently) support this PCM output as I don't know, for certain, exactly what the coding is, and I don't have any way of testing it if I do try to implement it (no module and no receivers).

The only settings I can suggest you try changing are the polarity (which you already have tried both?), and the pulse setting that is a default of 300uS, try 400uS.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Spellbound

Post by Spellbound »

Thanks for the feed back Mike.
I have tried the 400us setting with both POS and Neg and still no luck.
Regards
Chris
wombat67

Post by wombat67 »

Hi Chris
Don't know if you sorted your issue but I had the same problem
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11446
In my case it was the iA8 receiver at fault. I contacted HobbyKing about the receiver not binding properly and instantly was sent a replacement receiver. The speed at which HK responded kind of indicates they are most likely very aware of the issue. I was sent a very different replacement receiver and it bound properly. Sorry this was late last year and it was radio I custom flashed for another so I do not have/remember any other info. But I do remember with the new receiver the default settings just worked.
Cheers
Kevin
rpdb

Post by rpdb »

I have a Turnigy 9x that my son gave to me. I soldered in a cable for a USBTiny and flash it with ER9x. It worked for a little bit, then the menu up/down/left/right buttons started to go up when I pressed right, and weird like that. I flashed it with ER9x Ardupilot, and the gear and aileron switches were always on, flashed again and now just the aileron is always on. I can measure the switch inputs to the motherboard, and test good. My best guess is that I have a defective motherboard. I can flash, read/write eeprom etc. Triple checked for solder bridges, and proper connections.

I was thinking of getting a new motherboard from Hobbyking, but they have two; one is DSS, and the other is AFHDS. My existing RF module on on the back of the TX is an "RF 9X v2 Native 2.4 Ghz", the receiver is a 9X8C v2.

My question is which motherboard do I order, DSS or AFHDS?

Thanks for any help.
Spellbound

Post by Spellbound »

Hi Kevin,
I suspect it is not the receiver as I have tried with both a iA8 and also iA10 that I bought at the same time (the iA8 is not available as a optional extra for more models). Both receivers bound and worked OK using the basic TX9 software before I upgraded to ER9X.

Once I put the Smarty Parts board in I thought I backed up the original software using eepe but it appears to not have worked. So I can't go back now to retest.

Regards
Chris
Rod99

Post by Rod99 »

I’m not sure if this really applies to your problem but have an older FlySky TH9X and I flashed it to er9x and installed a multiprotocol transmit module. On my first bind to the FlySky a IA6B receiver the bind was successful but the servo channels were inop. In the er9x Protocol menu I’m using the Proto Multi and Protocol AFHD2S. There are sub items in the AFHD2S selection and I had selected PPMIBUS. Next I tried sub item PWMIBUS, this selection fixed all my inop servo channels. Is it possible for you to use Multi Proto, Protocol AFHDS2S and type PWMIBUS? I know you have a different transmitter module so I don’t know if it’s possible for you to do this but since you are using er9x maybe it is possible. Just one of my thoughts, I hope you find or have already found a solution to your problem.
There is one thing I cannot use with the IA6B receiver and that is I have not found a way to set the failsafe in the receiver. The receiver failsafe settings are designed to be set using the I series FlySky transmitters. The receiver has default failsafe settings and the channel 3 used for Throttle fails to 0 on loss of signal which in my case opens the Throttle since I set channel 3 to INV in the limits menu. Since I didn’t want this on my throttle failsafe I ended up doing a 180 degree reposition of the servo arm, now my throttle goes to 0% on loss of signal.
rakish

Post by rakish »

Hi to set failsafe with the afhds2a module from flysky you have to hold the bind button for 3 seconds with your desired stick positions.
So once you have your receiver bound and model setup hold the bind button of the module for 3 seconds until it flashes.
That should set your failsafe.
Hope this information will be helpful.

I would like to know which version of er9x firmware you used to get the multiprotocl for flysky 2a module.
I am planning to do the same with my new th9x that has fsrm003v2 and fsia10b receiver both of which come with afhds2a.
Thanks!

Return to “er9x”