The new Turnigy 9X hardware can use ER9X ?

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
skyblue

Post by skyblue »

Hi MikeB,
I fine the new TGY 9X on HOBBYKING Website.It use new kind module. The new Turnigy 9X hardware can use ER9X ? The module use PPM or Sreies interface ?

bob195558

Re: The new Turnigy 9X hardware can use ER9X ?

Post by bob195558 »

Is this what you are referring to "Turnigy 9X 9Ch Transmitter w/ Module & iA8 Receiver (Mode 2) (AFHDS 2A system)" ?
(https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-9x- ... ystem.html) (developed and patented by FlySky)

Turnigy AFHDS 2A module (not able to find separately).
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bP6P8XV2O7s)
Turnigy 9x AFHDS 2A module system.jpg
Turnigy 9x AFHDS 2A module system.jpg

Turnigy iA8 8-channel receiver (found this).
Quanum iA8 8-Channel Receiver
Quanum iA8 8-Channel Receiver

Does not come with er9x on it and will needs mods done before being able to upgrade to er9x !
9xr-pro is a better buy ! (When on sale same money).
If they simply put the 9xr-pro main board in the Turnigy 9x, would be a lot smarter !
You then, should and want to be running erSky9x firmware !

Bob B.
Last edited by bob195558 on Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:30 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Er9x on 9x radio, with Smartieparts Programmer and TelemetrEZ Board.
ErSky9x on Taranis, Sky9x, 9Xtreme radios.
3D-Printing: (https://openrcforums.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=129).
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I have no idea! I can only assume the module does use PPM so that the stock firmware is unchanged. If this is the case, then the radio should run er9x.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
andre

Post by andre »

hi,
Banggood sales this Module https://www.banggood.com/Flysky-FS-RM00 ... mds=search

In this new 9x version, I suppose they took out the old module (sold standalone on bangood as FS-RM002..) and put in this new one with the same ppm connection, and no firmware changes. This is the simplest and cheapest way they could do it.

I wonder if this FS-RM003 has hidden telemetry capability, because some AFHDS 2A radios and receivers have telemetry.
I wonder also about failsafe, because i know that the other AFHDS 2A radios set it by the transmitter menu. In this case it will be unusable.

I don't have any AFHDS 2A system, but it would be a nice addition to my 9x, because of the many receivers available, and the good signal range (turnigy evolotuion is quite used among drone pilots, not as frsky, but it works). I'd use this system for my simple foam planes, because the 6ch receiver is quite cheaper than the Frsky d8r I'm using now, with DJT module.

English is not my language, I'm sorry if I made any error.
Andre

andre

Post by andre »

skyblue what's about that image? why you posted it?

that's a variant of the rerouting of switches for the telemtery mod. It uses two different pads for the wire, for easy soldering (on my 9x I just did this same way), but it's the same as this picture https://oscarliang.com/ctt/uploads/2013 ... el_220.jpg (except the third brown wire)
skyblue

Post by skyblue »

Hi andre,
That is the PCB of the new Turnigy 9X mainboard from HobbyKing website.Because I do not know the difference between the new version and the old version 9X. I just share and ask for answers. It seems to have a telemtery function in new AFHDS 2A module.
andre

Post by andre »

ok, I found that image (here, https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-9x- ... ystem.html).

But that doesn't prove the new radio has telemetry for 2 reasons:
-the first is that the image is uploaded by some user, with no info about it.
-second: to keep it simple, the telemetry mod has 2 steps: the switch rerouting to free 2 pins on the processor, and then the actually telemetry wiring on thoose pins, and others, because you need also to flash firmware. That image shows only the first step, and the 2 pins freed are unused.
The final mod is something like this https://oscarliang.com/ctt/uploads/2013 ... dering.jpg

there is a difference in the two images: the newer image has writings on the board, the older (the one I posted) has no writing. But the boards seem identical..
moo10032

Post by moo10032 »

I just tested this I bought one of the new radios myself, and it does indeed work. I flashed the standard "er9x.hex" to the radio, and I had to change the protocol polarity to negative, and then everything is working!
bob195558

Post by bob195558 »

Hi moo10032,
Could you post pictures ? :?:
moo10032 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:08 am I just tested this I bought one of the new radios myself, and it does indeed work.
I flashed the standard "er9x.hex" to the radio, and I had to change the protocol polarity to negative, and then everything is working!
Does this new 9x radio system have Telemetry by itself before flashing to er9x firmware ? :?:
Er9x on 9x radio, with Smartieparts Programmer and TelemetrEZ Board.
ErSky9x on Taranis, Sky9x, 9Xtreme radios.
3D-Printing: (https://openrcforums.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=129).
skyblue

Post by skyblue »

moo10032 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:08 am I just tested this I bought one of the new radios myself, and it does indeed work. I flashed the standard "er9x.hex" to the radio, and I had to change the protocol polarity to negative, and then everything is working!
Hi moo10032,
Can I know what interface you use in ER9x ? PPM or Sreies? Can it set failsafe in ER9X ?
phil

Post by phil »

My experience with the new station and er9x viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4598
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

To all: Please respect Mike’s repeated request that the Test Firmware thread NOT be used for any type of discussion.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Is there anyone with one of these 9X transmitters with the AFHDS2A module who can capture the signal going to the module with a logic analyser?
It seems you can set the failsafe on the Rx from the Tx, and I need to know what the Tx is sending to the module to get this to happen.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Also, if anyone has set the failsafe OK, using the stock firmware, are you using PPM or PCM?

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
phil

Post by phil »

To encircle the error I used a standard module afhds. Tying with multiple receivers went flawlessly. Also, the transmitter has lost no model and could change from one to another without binding again. my suspicion lies in the transmitter module.
banggood offers this transmitter module afhds 2a as an external module. It has been in the offer for a long time, but the delivery is constantly delayed.
with failsafe "OK" I have never worked. greeting Siegi
https://www.banggood.com/Flysky-FS-RM00 ... rehouse=CN
skyblue

Post by skyblue »

Hi Mike,
I bought a new Turnigy 9X and used ER9x V.822a .It binds iA6(without ppm out) ,iA8(with ppm output at extra port) and iA10(with ppm output in ch1 and all 10 channels can be used by pwm) and worked well.Wnen I changed the same module to 9XR PRO used ersky9xr V. R221d2,the iA6 and iA8 work well.The iA10 can be binded and worked but the ch1 became ppm output automatically.I can't change to 10 pwm channels.Please help me to solve it.
BTW,When I got the new 9X ,I try the failsafe function by user manual setting the failsafe on the Rx from the Tx.But it can't work.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

In the protocol menu, when using PPM as the protocol, you should be able to change the 8CH to 10CH to get 10 channels. You usually need to increase the PPM FrLen value from 22.5 to 26.5 when you change to 10 channels.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
skyblue

Post by skyblue »

Hi Mike B,
I do as you said before I posted.The problem still exists.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

On the 'PRO, make sure the "PPM Drive" is set to "Full Drive". YOu could also try changing the polarity (POS or NEG).
If the module works on the 9X with er9x, it should work on the 'PRO if the protocol has the same settings on both.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
VVigor

Post by VVigor »

Hello. I flashed an er9x to my 9x, and I have afhds 2a module with IA8 receiver on the drone. The problem is that after flashing new soft the module doesn't work. I have changed probably everything in the protocol options and nothing has changed. As far as I've seen, even the red light on the module doesn't work while clicking "bind range test". Anyone knows where is the problem? I was disassembling the 9x many many times, maybe I disconected a cable or something.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

I don't have enough information on that module to know what the protocol should be. The original firmware can use both PPM and PCM. It is possible that this module only works with the PCM from the original firmware.
Since er9x doesn't support this PCM protocol (I don't know how it is coded), you can only try PPM.
To check the module and radio are still working, you may need to put the original firmware and EEPROM back on the radio.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
VVigor

Post by VVigor »

I wanted to add one thing- I don't know if it matters but while flashing new soft, the back part of the 9x was disconnected from the front, so the module was also disconnected.
I'll try to contact hobbyking if this afhds 2a works with pcm or ppm.
I sent you a photo of this module.

Hobbyking says:
• AFHDS 2A Protocol
• 8 Model Memory
• Multi-channel Frequency Hopping
• Omni-directional gain antenna
• Unique ID recognition system
• Low power consumption
• SBUS/IBUS and CPPM/PWM support
27536802_1663147870403231_1144693826_o.jpg
skyblue

Post by skyblue »

Hi VVigor,
Try to use ER9x V.822a.The firmware work well in my new 9x.Like MikeB said,using PPM and polarity NEG.
VVigor

Post by VVigor »

skyblue wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:35 pm Hi VVigor,
Try to use ER9x V.822a.The firmware work well in my new 9x.Like MikeB said,using PPM and polarity NEG.
Do you have the same module as i have?
Daedalus66

Post by Daedalus66 »

PCM is an obsolete protocol for FM radios. Ignore it.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

As I understand it, with this AFHDS2A module it is possible to set the failsafe from the Tx, and the stock Flysky firmware has the option available. Since I don't see how this could be done using PPM, I'm guessing you need to use the PCM option of the stock firmware to use that feature.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
VVigor

Post by VVigor »

Did anyone actually manage to bind this module (photo i sent before) with receiver via Er9x?
VVigor

Post by VVigor »

Alright, i think I found the problem. I connected the module to the power (two wires from some Kind of charger) and it bound with receiver while putting power into 3 and 4 pin (counting from top). Has anyone an idea in what order should be the rest of pins?
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Pin 1 - PPM
Pin 2 - Normally connected to ground on the 9x radio, at least older versions of it..
Pin 3 - VCC
Pin 4 - Ground
Pin 5 - Normally not connected but it can be used for telemetry if the mod is done, and the module supports it.

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

Return to “er9x”