3 position switch - yes again.

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
Paulusdw

3 position switch - yes again.

Post by Paulusdw »

I have an FS-TH9X with a Smartieparts full board running ER9XD and ever since I installed it (I pre-ordered and waited for them to come into stock - that's how long I have had it) I have NEVER been able to get my 3 position switch to work and allow me to switch between flight modes on my quad.

In fact after what seemed like hundreds of hours of trying and just not understanding what was going on, I gave up - never been able to switch modes - just chose one and stuck to it. That was - I don't know a couple years ago?

In fact I have not used virtually any of the features, I have created a model and flown it - nothing else - not telemetry (I have a FrSKY DJT Telemetry module), not anything - if it didn't happen by default - I didn't use it.

So - I have decided - I want to use my 3 position switch to choose flight modes for my quad, I have just tried for over 6 hours searching YouTube, just Googling, FaceBook and just about everything apart from sheeps entrails to discover the secret of the mystical 3 position switch and how to set it up and failed. I am about to give up for the 30 - 40th time and just leave it alone - unless some wise and kind sage can guide me through this minefield of unknown selections. By the way - the manual might be great - I have no idea because I cannot understand the examples or indeed the guide for more than a few words because I have never seen a model plane close up - so as soon as trims and flaps and pots are mentioned - not a clue.

So my challenge to you kind reader - can you explain how to set up the three position switch so that I can then use it to select flight modes for my quad - explain it like talking to a puppy or a small woodland creature or a 4 year old, use drawings, sounds, YouTube video or even interpretive dance if you have to - but please this seemingly simple task is one I would like to achieve - it would be a great day if that could happen.

jhsa

Re: 3 position switch - yes again.

Post by jhsa »

You could have asked earlier ;)
At the end of all my posts there are some links. One of them takes you to a video playlist about Ersky9x.
The manual also explains it very well. As far as I remember, me and Nigel, we tried to write it as simple as possible, and explain well how everything works.
Of course, if you know nothing about model airplanes, then it will be all alien language for you :)
But it should teach you how the mixer works.

So, lets suppose that Ch5 (Channel 5) control the modes on your quad.
And lets suppose that there are 3 modes as you want to use the 3 position switch. You didn't give enough information, so I will also suppose that when the channel is at one side (-100%) you activate 1 mode, at center (0%) the second mode, and then all to the other side (+100%) the third mode.
Go to the mixer. "Model Setup / Mixer". Use the 3 position as source to a mix on the channel you want to control. Switches names when used as sources have a little " s" before their names, for example, sRUD, sELE, etc. The 3 position switch is sIDx, and this is the one you want to use.. So, scroll down to the right channel and edit it.. Select sIDx as source.

Ch5 100% sIDx

It should be as simple as this as far as the radio is concerned. Now your quad might have some sort of computer program for configuration. I don't really know how that works, and there might be hundreds of them out there as far I understand..

I hope it helps.

EDIT: Little advice as you say you know nothing about RC.
Don't know how big your quad is, but try to learn about the safety rules before you hurt yourself or someone else.. Search the internet.
Also, if you are into FPV, you should inform yourself where and how high you can fly. There have been lots of reports of people flying their drones very close to real airplanes, with real people inside. Do not fly near airports or airfields..
Best suggestion is, get yourself in a RC club and fly at the clubs field. You can also learn all the safety stuff there, as people will help you..
I believe in most places around the world there will be heavy penalties (and so it should) for people that do not respect the rules and out the lives of others in Danger. Fly safe..

Sent from my thor using Tapatalk

My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Paulusdw

Post by Paulusdw »

Thank you so much - I only fly quads - and only close to the ground when there is no one around (or dogs or anything). I think I went as high as a tree a couple of times but I doubt I would frighten any 747's in my local park/wooded area.

I have been flying for a while - or go out breaking props as I call it and am overly careful, perhaps to my own detriment as I am a big scaredy cat.

But I enjoy it - even the frustration, of course I see YouTube videos of pilots doing amazing things at huge speed, but I am content to go at my own pace and have fun.

This was the simplest thing ever - doh!
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Paulusdw wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:32 pm Thank you so much - I only fly quads - and only close to the ground when there is no one around (or dogs or anything). I think I went as high as a tree a couple of times but I doubt I would frighten any 747's in my local park/wooded area.

I have been flying for a while - or go out breaking props as I call it and am overly careful, perhaps to my own detriment as I am a big scaredy cat.

But I enjoy it - even the frustration, of course I see YouTube videos of pilots doing amazing things at huge speed, but I am content to go at my own pace and have fun.
That is the right way to do it, Good on you.. :) We don't have to put others in danger to enjoy ourselves.. Shame that some idiots don't think that way :(
This was the simplest thing ever - doh!
Yeah, once you learn how the mixer works it will get much easier.. You can play with eepskye, which is a editor for Ersky9x.. You can experiment with the firmware while at the PC.. It's cool, and I find it fun.. Others don't of course :) ;)
You can get Eepskye from www.er9x.com]

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

Return to “er9x”