Question: Expo and Trimming in Trainer Mode - SOLVED

er9x is the best known firmware. It has a superb range of features and is well supported by the community. Well worth trying out.
mapes12

Question: Expo and Trimming in Trainer Mode - SOLVED

Post by mapes12 »

I've got two 9XR's. One for the Instructor and the other for the student. If I've read the manual correctly then all the slave Tx needs to have is a basic model set up and that's it. Such things like expo are applied to the PPM singnal from the slave as it gets processed by the master. In other words, if I want the student to have expo then it doesn't need programming on the slave but the master. Have I got this right please?

Is the same true with trimming i.e. if the Instructor trims the model will those trim setting be applied when the student has control or will the student have to trim it themselves?

Mark
Last edited by mapes12 on Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

jhsa

Re: Question: Expo and Trimming in Trainer Mode

Post by jhsa »

All the student has to do is to fly the model. All trimming is done by the master (Teacher's) radio. if the trainer signal is well calibrated in the trainer menu for the student's radio, then if the teacher trims the model it should also be trimmed when the student has control..
Of course if you want to apply Expo to the student radio ONLY, you can do it. But if the teacher also uses expo, then you don't have to.

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
mapes12

Re: Question: Expo and Trimming in Trainer Mode

Post by mapes12 »

Thanks Joao. That's perfect. I've got it now :D

Return to “er9x”