2.4g amplifiers at local fields?

Need some advice? Trying out a new idea? Fancy a beer?
Join us for some general banter and good times.
ShowMaster

2.4g amplifiers at local fields?

Post by ShowMaster »

I'm seeing for fpv flying, or for other reasons , 2watt 2.4g amplifiers being used.
Of course they're illegal and discouraged when seen being used. Not ever Rc legal fixed wing flyer is technical enough to recognize or challenge a amped up flyer!

Aside form being a power cop, I'm actually more concerned for the innocent 50mw legal sport flyer. So we're all happily flying our favorite brand of 50-60-100 mw system plane, and off to one side but close, a fpv anything turns in at 2watts. The antenna and ano could be on the tx, or on a tripod.
What effect will this have in all the legal systems link and control?
Most of these illegal power flyers don't have a clue about causing in and issues. They put it all together like Lego pieces.

My reason for this topic is to get educated opinions on this practice at busy Rc fields.
Also, many "brand"name system owners are seeing unexplained loss of control they've never had until fpv has become popular at these fields.

Personally I think if you're going for distance and do it with illegal or unlicensed equipment, I'd give everyone a break and use a dragon link system.
How much abuse can 2.4g take even with freq hopping?

What say?
Thanks

Return to “The Pickled Gnu (The Pub)”