Trim.....

Need some advice? Trying out a new idea? Fancy a beer?
Join us for some general banter and good times.
Comanche1xa

Trim.....

Post by Comanche1xa »

Go a brand new taranis plus and I've bought aa ugly stick from hobby king. Now I've zeroed the servos on the ailerons and have calibrated the transmitter. All trims are centered but when i connect everything up the ailerons are clearly not trim If i select trim to max then the ailerons are level.... Horns look good and now I'm lost. Event been in RC for years and this is my first electric plane and open TX transmitter.. Any help would be great..

Thanks Sam

Kilrah

Re: Trim.....

Post by Kilrah »

Comanche1xa wrote:Now I've zeroed the servos on the ailerons and have calibrated the transmitter. All trims are centered but when i connect everything up the ailerons are clearly not trim If i select trim to max then the ailerons are level....
Then you haven't zeroed your controls.
Reset trims etc on the radio, THEN adjust your servo horns and linkages.
Comanche1xa

Post by Comanche1xa »

Well if you believe the voice commands they say they are zeroized with trims centered and aileron neutral receiver on turning on the transmitter moves the ailerons into a slight right hand turn will nothing touched on the radio. Any help on how to recheck zero on the trim?
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

I think the problem is that you calibrated the radio AFTER you zeroed the servos. Of course if the radio's sticks weren't calibrated and now are, the controls won't be centered anymore. As Kilrah says, adjust the linkage on the plane..

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

The radio is zeroed but the linkages don't match that zero, so you need to fix that mechanically.

Very basic model setup procedure.

Comanche1xa

Post by Comanche1xa »

Thanks for all the help its good to go.....

Return to “The Pickled Gnu (The Pub)”