HK Pulse jet Engine

Need some advice? Trying out a new idea? Fancy a beer?
Join us for some general banter and good times.
ShowMaster

HK Pulse jet Engine

Post by ShowMaster »

Ok, I ordered one just to power up at my field to compete with the Saito warbirds, turbines , and now 100watt audio amped up electric planes and EDF's.
I figure it'll make a noise statement of its own. Many have never heard one fire up.
So the next question, has anyone got an idea of a plane I could actually fly with it if I decide to actually fly it?
I've actually wanted one for years( 30+) after hearing one fire up at a demo so I had to live my dream. I thought they were history.
I sold some RC stuff/junk so I had extra $ for new stuff/junk.
Ideas welcome!

kaos

Re: HK Pulse jet Engine

Post by kaos »

search Youtube: pulse jet engine You will see a bunch of them.
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

I just did. Great sound! The planes shown that were actually flying were really fast! I guess there're aren't many ARF's for them.
I'll have to improvise, how about this?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383973953.227041.jpg
kaos

Post by kaos »

I think that one the tail is burning up. :lol:
Marco330

Post by Marco330 »

Either a V-1 Buzz Bomb (Fi-103) or a Heinkel He-162, both can be found under the file tab on the HK web site. Also ordered one ;-)

ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

3.52 pounds thrust.
Any ARF's that can used?
Hopefully those that have received theirs will post some plans their using and the mods.
SkyNorth

Post by SkyNorth »

LA County Fire Dept , is going to love you......
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

+1 :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

Last year a pulse jet did crash and burn! This year a turbine , 2 lipo plane and one quad crash caused fires. Now it's my turn. We've got the fire dept. and news copters on speed dial.
Now to find a ARF plane and tips on how to not have it fold a wing of become a fireball.
At first I just wanted to static run it but after watching utube videos I want to fly it!
Especially before all the 19 acres of burned grass and shrubs grow back around the runway.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Showmaster, I thought you didn't like noisy engines ;) :mrgreen:
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

ShowMaster wrote:become a fireball.
But fireballs are what we want! :mrgreen:
G550Ted

Post by G550Ted »

Kilrah wrote:
ShowMaster wrote:become a fireball.
But fireballs are what we want! :mrgreen:
Video is MANDATORY!! :mrgreen:

I drooled over having one as a kid back in the '50s when it was way beyond my means. Today, the idea of having a powerplant that can't be throttled, almost instantly becomes incandescently hot and deafens all living creatures (especially me) within 3 miles doesn't appeal to me one whit. But, I love watching those YouTube vids! 8-)

Ted
ShowMaster

Post by ShowMaster »

I'm thinking 4 th of July and the upcoming New Years! I'm sure the neighbors won't know what it is. Finally something to compete with their barking dogs! It just gets better!
I will fire it up even if it's static and get some videos.
Speaking of videos,
I'm still challenged on how to upload them from my iPod touch g5?
I've created a utube account, loaded several apps as well. I just can't figure out how to uolad to the forum only one video as I see scott page and others do including a thumbnail?
Yet another part of our hobby to lean about.
Flaps 30

Post by Flaps 30 »

It was many years back that I had seen and heard pulse jets in operation and flying. Plumpton was the location and it was a Dutch display team that did the business.

Random thoughts on the pulse jet. How about using one to get a glider to a fair height? Better still. You could buy another and make a twin aircraft for it. I reckon the sound of two pulse jets running would be fantastic. :twisted:

Ohh! .. It is nice to see a practical model engine that doesn't run on toxic Methanol or have any need for oil as a lubricant/coolant. Mind you. You could always add some Diesel fuel into the exhaust of the pulse jet for that added dramatic effect. :)
kaos

Post by kaos »

ShowMaster wrote: I've created a utube account, loaded several apps as well. I just can't figure out how to uolad to the forum only one video as I see scott page and others do including a thumbnail?
ONce you load your video to youtube, view that video and copy the web link address and paste in the post, it will show as a thumbnail.

I doubt you are going to find a ARF for the pulse jet (unless buy one form people want to get rid of their pulse jet model). RCmodeller made one from scratch with wood (google it). But never saw it went through a complete fly.
I think the best bet is to get a 'very strong' delta wing made of wood/balsa and attach to it. You saw that video the jet is flying at 400 Km/hr. All others with tail vertical stabilizer I have seen all have their pulse jet raised way high and looks funny. I think I saw one a while ago that the pulse engine is enclosed in the body and looks like a real jet engine plane. But I did not book mark it, or I may even mixed it up with turbine jet model. All these need either molded/reenforced carbon fiber construction and Alu joint reenforcement. Just too much spd for a little model.

Return to “The Pickled Gnu (The Pub)”