micro models with HT8 and T9X

Need some advice? Trying out a new idea? Fancy a beer?
Join us for some general banter and good times.
kaos

micro models with HT8 and T9X

Post by kaos »

Well, have been busy playing with new toys.
I have reported using T9X fly v959. This is to report some details about HK Q-bot mciro(same as Hisky FF120) and WLToy v922 (same as HK FBL100)
Got my V959 flying with Flysky module (but it can not flip with Flysky module) a wk ago. Then worked on the Q-bot micro which is rebranded Hisky FF120. The Q-bot micro is a little larger than the Hubsan X4. The Q-bot micro is 85 mm from motor axle to axle while the X4 is 65 mm from axle to axle. but both use the same kind of motors. From what I gathered, the X4 blades are 54 mm tip to tip and Q-bot micro is 56 mm. The Q-bot micro come with a HT8 Tx module which you can plug in any trainer port with a PPM out put to fly. or Like I did using a HK 6ch V2 rx with PPM output(or any rx with ppm output) then plug the PPM singal to HT8 port Q-bot micro can flip with the HT8 using T9X, just need to hold TRN switch (if you program the 5th ch to TRN) while moving the cyclic. You don't want to use a on/off switch unless you can flip and turn off the switch immediately after you initiate the flip. if the switch is ON, the bot will flip continuously and most likely out of control causee it flips so fast. That is why I program it to TRN. so I will hold the TRN and release it immediately after the flip is initiated.

The thing about HT8 is to watch the voltage. It is strange HT8 came with a removable 1S lipo to supply power. But the spec says it operates from 5-12 V. Thinking it came with a 1S lipo I assumed it will work with 1S voltage. and it did until the voltage dropped to below 3.8volt then strange things starts to happen. that resulted in crashing my brand new V922 which also use HT8 as Tx module.
So if you are using HT8 for any model, Use a 2S lipo as power supply (or your tx voltage at 5-6V). If you use a 1S lipo, you have to watch the voltage is higher than 3.8 volt.
When I found this out is setting up my new 922 micro cp heli which is a really nice 3 axis gyro equiped heli. I was able to tune it up to hands free hover literally. That never happened on any of my helis (which are all cp fly barred, single axis gyro).
so now my Sky9x tx are flying Flysky, Frysky, DSM2/X, v959, and any HT8 compatible micro models. :) One TX flying all my models and a mix of two modules up to 16ch. :)

As for v922, it is really nice, highly recommended to heli lover who is looking for a micro cp heli. But it is not for beginners for sure. It is very very touchy. with a collective at 50 and DR at 60 I still need to use 30% expo to be able to control it. And I am still flying it with just a little nudge with sticks. Flying over grass field like your well maintained 2 1/2 inch lawn grass, it can stand quite a bit of beating. I have not flipped it yet. Only flew in the house with normal mode for a few packs. Scarily fast for in house flying.

When I am more accustomed to it I will show some vids of Q-bot micro and V922.

V922 is available at BangGood for around 61.00 with free shipping heli only. with a dum 6ch tx is 90+ dollars (same as HK FBL100 with a dum Tx). HT8 alone is 20.00. But HK Q-bot miicro comes with HT8 for 34.99. that is why I get the BG v922 heli only version and the Q-bot micro from HK. ;) and with HT8, the V922 is fully programmable with SKY9X just like you fly a regular 6ch cp heli.

Ghosthb: I think you will be very interested in V922. ;)

kaos

Re: micro models with HT8 and T9X

Post by kaos »

OK, have some fun vid about Q-bot micro. It is really a fun little bugger and tough as nail. You will see I drop it so many times on the lawn and concrete walk way, just pick it up (if the prop pops, just push it back in, it is flexilbe plastic not easy to fracture). Being bugged from Tx reboot issue, this little bugger will satisfies my flying addiction for a while. The flip is tricky, not used to hold TRN and move cyclic while need to release TRN immediately. in the vid you can see when the TRN is not release immediately it will drop like a rock. ;) using HT8 Tx module with Flysky rx just leave that on the ground and fly with SKY9X. ;)
the blue led is a voltage warning board from HK for 2S lipo.  It will be flashing blue when voltage is between 6.8 ~ 7.4, flashing read between 6.6~6.8 and steady red and beeps like hell < 6.6V    ;)
the blue led is a voltage warning board from HK for 2S lipo. It will be flashing blue when voltage is between 6.8 ~ 7.4, flashing read between 6.6~6.8 and steady red and beeps like hell < 6.6V ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54L_pKttRsE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra3jz2OkQ4g
kaos

Post by kaos »

Found another way - easier way to use HT8. After flying the Q-bot a while, I found it is kind of cumbersome to use the PPM rx method. because I have to start the Rx link 1st without the PPM out or the Rx will go into binding mode with the ppm out wire in place. then plug in the ppm out cable to HT8.
Although there is adapter cable to use the trainer port and charge port to power the HT8, but my charge port is no longer the original JR plug instead it is a PS balancing plug.
The light just shined on me. My module are all removable at the back, so why not remove the module and just plug in a servo cable and reverse the + and - for the HT8 at one end, so the HT8 is powered directly from the pins in the module bay.
the pins in the module bay is from top to bottom: 1. ppm 2. gnd 3. batt V+ 4. gnd 5. NC so reverse two servo wires, the center and negatvie wire into the module bay will do it just right. ;)
Just make sure you plug in the servo connector from the 1st pin with S wire at top when using it. I taped a piece of foam to the back of the HT8 so it is wedged into the bay and just power on the Tx it is ready to fly. ;)
The length of the HT8 is like custom made for the module bay in T9X, just right. ;)
Attachments
the servo end toes into the HT8 is a regular S,+, -  connection
the servo end toes into the HT8 is a regular S,+, - connection
but the pins in the module bay is S, - , +.  just reverse the wire in - and + on the end to the module bay, works perfect. ;)
but the pins in the module bay is S, - , +. just reverse the wire in - and + on the end to the module bay, works perfect. ;)
kaos

Post by kaos »

Ok, after a few more flights. Still not happy with the way the TRN switch invoke a flip for Q-bot mciro. to invoke a flip, ch5 has to be on/100 on out put. Therefore you have to hold TRN and move cyclic a little to invoke the flip, at the same time release the TRN immediately, if the TRN is release after the cyclic is back to center, the Q-bot will flip continuously and end up crashing. Finally made a mix that will invoke a flip only after the cyclic is away from center to certain amount. so I can flip the q-bot as I wish.
The mix is like follows:

in the mixes:
ch5 R -100 HALF sw1
R -100 HALF sw2

in custom switches:
sw1: |v| > ofs AIL 50 GEA
sw2: |v| > ofs ELE 50 GEA

that 50 can be adjusted to your liking. at 50, the ail /ele needs to move beyond 50% to invoke the flip while GEA is on, once the flip is invoked ch returns to -100 automatically and won't invoke another flip while recovering after flip with some cyclic movement. and I can keep flippiing as long as I move the cyclic to any direction > 50%. ;)

the 50% can be adjusted to your liking. I found 50% can take care of most recovery if the q-bot is out of position after a flip.
For really hard core flying, banking looping, with stick movement > 50Z% just turn the GEA off, then it will never flip no matter where the cyclic stick position is.
GyroGearloose

Post by GyroGearloose »

kaos wrote: in the mixes:
ch5 R -100 HALF sw1
R -100 HALF sw2

in custom switches:
sw1: |v| > ofs AIL 50 GEA
sw2: |v| > ofs ELE 50 GEA
This LOOKS great, and makes sense, except the Gods of Open9X have mangled the options available in mixes again, such that "HALF" and "FULL" are no longer available options. I replaced "HALF" with "MAX", and have ended up with ch5 == 0 when GEA is off, and ch5 == -100 when it's on and invoking a flip.

So, possibly less of a direct question for you as for the developers of O9X... how do we get BACK a full-range toggle now???

-Gyro
I could fly so much better if a second flight wasn't a requirement....

Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

GyroGearloose wrote:
So, possibly less of a direct question for you as for the developers of O9X... how do we get BACK a full-range toggle now???

-Gyro
Probably best to post that question in the opentx thread?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
kaos

Post by kaos »

ch5 =0 should be just fine when GEA is off. q-bot only flips when ch5 is -100.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

GyroGearloose wrote:"HALF" and "FULL" are no longer available options.
These have never been in open9x AFAIK. Kaos simply gave you an er9x mix list as that's what he uses.
er9x's HALF is MAX in openTx (it was MAX in er9x at the time open9x was created...)
er9x's FULL doesn't exist, you select the switch name as source instead (instead of 100% FULL switch (GEA) you use 100% GEA).
kaos

Post by kaos »

I gave him an ersky9x mix. :P
I already lost track on which is in what, ie er9x, ersky9x, open9x, openTx. This is the beginning of the confusion age. :mrgreen:
I think we are going to see a lot of these.
kaos

Post by kaos »

After flying Q-Bot micro and V922 for a while. I am tired of plug in the servo connector and wedge a pece of foam in the transmitter module bay. like this:
http://openrcforums.com/forum/download/ ... d=4539&t=1
Now I got a few JR module boxes in. Today I mod the Q-Bot micro tx module(the same as Hisky HT-8 module, you can use it for Hisky, WLtoys V9xx models and their compatibles) into a T9X module. Much easier to use. ;)
cut the antenna off the original box to maintain the rotatability. drill a hole in the module box plate, fixe with hot glue.  You have to trim the plastic cone a little to fit in the module box.
cut the antenna off the original box to maintain the rotatability. drill a hole in the module box plate, fixe with hot glue. You have to trim the plastic cone a little to fit in the module box.
drilled 3 holes to keep the led and button usable (although you really don't need it once you set it to your T9X, but led makes it looks cool  ;) )
drilled 3 holes to keep the led and button usable (although you really don't need it once you set it to your T9X, but led makes it looks cool ;) )
Now I just need to make a color label. ;)
Now I just need to make a color label. ;)
kaos

Post by kaos »

I have a brand new HT8 module with all the connectors rebranded as Turnigy Radio Adaptor - never used. It came with my 2nd Q-bot micro. Now I don't have any need for it. If some one is interested, PM me. $10.00 + shipping.
the HT8 can be had at BG for $20.99 + free shipping with slow boat. ;)
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-New-H ... 65107.html
Attachments
131108-5.jpg
cre8tiveleo

Post by cre8tiveleo »

lol, did the same with my anylink. cool beans,
kaos

Post by kaos »

that may be my next module when I find an Anylink compatible model I like. ;)
kaos

Post by kaos »

Well, I think I found one that would require an Anylink. ;) That would be my next purchase of a model. It will be a while though. ;)

http://www.helimax-rc.com/helicopters/h ... index.html

Return to “The Pickled Gnu (The Pub)”