Slider adjustable timer

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
Oldbuzzard

Slider adjustable timer

Post by Oldbuzzard »

Ive been playing about for a couple of weeks trying to figure out how to do this but it has me stumped.

I already can pulse a channel (to operate a shutter) but would like to have the delay between shots adjustable on a slider or pot.
The logical switches seems to only allow fixed on/off times. Any ideas on how to put this on a pot would be very appreciated.

Thanks

rcdiy

Re: Slider adjustable timer

Post by rcdiy »

If no better solution is presented I could write you a lua script.
RCdiy.ca
Stay Safe & Have Fun
OpenTX Manual http://rcdiy.ca
Paying it forward by sharing my Lua scripts, documentation and videos.
Oldbuzzard

Post by Oldbuzzard »

Thanks for offer. All my RC activities were on freeze due to divorce now on my return there is LUA, which I haven't had a chance to figure out yet.
rcdiy

Post by rcdiy »

It is easy.
On companion select firmware version with lua. Flash Tx.
Visit my website and contact me through there so that I can track my script requests.
What you want however may be possible without a script but I'm traveling at the moment so don't have access to companion to try.
RCdiy.ca
Stay Safe & Have Fun
OpenTX Manual http://rcdiy.ca
Paying it forward by sharing my Lua scripts, documentation and videos.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Use a channel mix with SLOW active. Hold the channel at -100%, then, when you fire the shutter, switch the channel to +100%. The channel will rise at the slow rate. Use a logical switch to compare the channel value to the slider value. This logical switch will then turn on at a time controlled by the slider position.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

Oldbuzzard

Post by Oldbuzzard »

Thanks for answer. Will try it next time I have a few minutes free.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Based on Mike's post above I have just took the challenge and came up with something that I think it is what you need?
If I well understood (or maybe not :) ) your request, you want an automatic adjustable timer that keeps taking pictures at a certain interval of time set by a pot or slider, while a switch is kept ON??

This was done in Eepskye which is an editor and simulator for Ersky9x. I don't use OpenTX. But you will get the idea. Inside the attached zip file there is a video I have made, and you can see all the settings. The logical switch to be used to control the camera is "L5", on this example. You will just have to translate the settings to OpenTX.. I'm sure it is possible :)

João
Attachments
ErSky8x_adjustable timer.zip
(12.3 MiB) Downloaded 167 times
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Oldbuzzard

Post by Oldbuzzard »

Thanks for help guys. Still trying to find a spare minute to try this.

Return to “openTx”