OpenTX 2.2.0 RC1

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
Kilrah

Re: OpenTX 2.2.0 RC1

Post by Kilrah »

I see the "FrSky D (cable)" string which originally referred to the Futaba trainer port of the 9XR-Pro is also used to select telemetry on the serial port in the battery bay on Taranis.

This may be supoorted in the Horus at a later time (see https://github.com/opentx/opentx/issues/3879), but note that on the Horus that requires opening the radio and soldering on the mainboard.

Tobi

Post by Tobi »

Hello Kilrah,

you are right. Soldering on mainboard is not the best solution.
This eavening I found an other solution.

There is a datastream emulating library for FrSky S.Port-protokol:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthr ... ?t=2245978

I set it to the lowest Pin in HF-bay on back side but without inverting the signal.
The pin mapping is:
TOP view
o -> PPM
o -> NC
o -> VBat
o -> GND
o -> S.Port (not inverted)

From there I can do my translation from MLink as I did for Taranis using FrSky-D protokol.
I will send an update if my MLink-Horus-bablefish is finisched ;) .

Best regards

Tobi
Tobi

Post by Tobi »

Hello,

the babelfish works - but there is a litte problem in vario data:

If vertical speed goes lower than 0 it becomes an offset of 1637.4! So at this point I did the following workarround:

if(v_vert < 0)
v_vert = -(1638.4+v_vert);

Nearly the same problem is in the hight-value. If it goes lower than 0 the offset is 16132.5. But there is an offset at positive values, too (-250.5). So the workaround is:

if(hight < 0)
hight = -(16133.5+hight);
else
hight = hight+ 250.5;

(hight and v_vert are defined as float)

But with the workarounds it shows correct values - so it is not a sensible problem.

I did the following adaption from MLink to FrSky S.Port-Protokoll:

MLink an FsSky have different philosophies. On MLink one can send any unit on every sensor adress up to 15 sensors (make this sense?).
FrSky uses special function sensors - such for voltage and current, an other for up to 12 batteries, a sensor type for two small voltages etc. .
To map Mlink to FrSky-protocol I did the following:
1. Voltage-current-sensor: The first current within the Mlink-data-stream is used (all others are ignored) and the voltage value is set to the actuell lowest value from the secound to the max. 13. voltage - for the first voltage value on adress 0 read the next point...
2. If the first value in MLink on adress 0 is a voltage, it is the reciver voltage (every time send on ACTs Mlink implementation, on MPX implementation I don't know ). So it will be send on sensor A3. But A4 is emty at this time. To use it preventing redundant or emty data on data stream, on A4 is send the lowest value of A3 since reset.
3. For RSSI there will be a little linearisation, because on MLink there is the RSSI raw data, that means it falls with 1/r² verry fast - and this is normal. To prevent sensless warnings it will be linearisized refering to a free distance of 2km.
4. The horizontal velocity is measured on MLink in km/h, OpenTX or FrSky however use mph as default. So the value is shown correctly but with the wrong unit. If one change the unit to km/h (please could anyone change the text from "kmh" to "km/h" !? ;) ), it is recalculated and the shown value goes wrong. So the MLink-value itself is recalculated before sending so that it matches to mph.

Thats all at this time. :)
I will go on...

Best regards

Tobi
Tobi

Post by Tobi »

Little update:

because there could be more then one current-value in Mink-stream, I now used two simulated voltage-current-sensors to display MLink-current values. The first shows the lowes and the secound the highest voltage of all cells.
The OpenTX processing of Cell-sensors can show the weakest cell voltage, too, but as far a I know only for one cell sensor, that means for a group of max. 6 cells. So my solution shows the weakest an highes of all voltages in stream.
The secound value of A3 A4-sesor now shows the raw RSSI as it is send from ACT-MLink protocol from 0.00 for signal lost to 1.00 for best signal.

Tobi
Schematics.png
MLink-FrSkyS.PortV0.1.zip
(536.83 KiB) Downloaded 521 times
Last edited by Tobi on Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
kalle123

Post by kalle123 »

Hello Tobi.

Active again? And now with M-Link, not ACT. What are you up to?

You know this thread here
http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showthre ... -Konverter
br KH

Tobi

Post by Tobi »

Hello Kalle,

there was only a little time left in last year. But now I have got a Horus so it was necessary to go active again.
Thanks for the link. Looks like this grows to an large project - super :) .

I forgot to put in the delay for MXP-usage.

Will this code still work?:

pinMode(rxPin, OUTPUT);
digitalWrite(rxPin, LOW);
delay(10000);
pinMode(rxPin, INPUT);

If so, I will put it in and make an update.

Regards

Tobi
Tobi

Post by Tobi »

So, I use a initialisation from D. Kammerer for MPX HF modules.
Because I have no MPX hardware, I can not test it - so I have to wait for feetback.
Schematic.png
MLink-FrSkyS.PortV0.2.zip
(584.89 KiB) Downloaded 570 times
WolfDog

Post by WolfDog »

I am trying 2.2.0N359 and sdcard-taranis-2.2V0003 on my non plus Taranis.
I added the BMP, EEPROMS, and FIRMWARES folders for switching between 2.1.9 and 2.2 I also added the MODELS folder which is missing in the 2.2 sdcard, I believe it's needed to store text files.
I can switch between the two versions using the bootloader, the only issue is the SOUNDS folder. I created two and named them SOUNDS and SOUNDS2.2. Worked fine in 2.1.9. When switched to 2.2 I renamed SOUNDS TO SOUNDS2.1 without problem. I can't however rename SOUNDS2.2 to SOUNDS. There doesn't seem to be a way to delete characters using Rename that I can find, only adding characters.

Don't know if it could be done but if the SOUNDS folder name in 2.2 could be permanently changed to include the version, (SOUNDS 2.2) it would also help to lessen the voice pack confusion between OpenTX versions when people upgrade.

One other question regarding sounds, am I correct it's only files in the "system" folder that need to match the OpenTX version. Other sound files can be whatever the user wants, provided they are 6 characters or less in 2.2.
I did note that 2.2 did use the sounds from the 2.1 folder anyway. Did not think they would because of that 6 character limit. All my model names are 8 and they worked fine.
Jim
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

WolfDog wrote: One other question regarding sounds, am I correct it's only files in the "system" folder that need to match the OpenTX version. Other sound files can be whatever the user wants
Correct.

The 6-character limit is only for sounds used in "Play Track" SFs.

If yoiu want to go back and forth between versions the easiest is to use 2 SD cards, but I don't understand why you'd want to do that given the incompatibility of models/settings, would be a nightmare to manage.
WolfDog

Post by WolfDog »

Thanks Kilrah
Using 2 SD cards will work fine. My main reason to switch back and forth is to convert only one plane at a time to 2.2, check it over, fly it and then go back to 2.1 for the rest of the flying day. Maybe not as necessary this time out as it was switching from 2.0 to 2.1 with all the telemetry changes done. Going to 2.2 looks like less work will be involved.

Would there be a chance after the Horus work is done that you may consider releasing a version of Companion for WinXP. Last I checked it's still the 3rd most used OS after Win10 and 7, ahead of Mac and Linux. I have an old XP laptop I take to the field that has all my RC programs on it. Installing everything on my Win10 machine just to take to the field is something I'm not looking forward to.
Anyway just thought I'd ask. Thanks again.
Jim
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

There are basically no manual changes to be done when going from 2.1 to 2.2 indeed.

Release version should work on XP, actually next build will. Had to find how to make the new tools still build XP compatible apps, most don't by default anymore.
WolfDog

Post by WolfDog »

OK, that's great news, easier conversion to 2.2 and my dinosaur Toshiba laptop will live on.
Thanks
Jim
Tobi

Post by Tobi »

Again a litte update - I hope the last one for the next month...
I did some modifications in the library (please update this, too! its within the zip-file) and a lot of optimations...

Tobi
Schematic.png
MLink-FrSkyS.PortV0.3.zip
(594.36 KiB) Downloaded 593 times
Hudson19

Post by Hudson19 »

Just loaded 2.2 but when turning on Taranis, it just keeps cycling through the startup screen. Any ideas?
rcdiy

Post by rcdiy »

Anyone come across a list of enhancements/changes/new for OpenTx 2.2?
Other than this reference taken from the release candidate posts on the opentx website.
"A rough view of the changes in OpenTX 2.2 can be found here."
RCdiy.ca
Stay Safe & Have Fun
OpenTX Manual http://rcdiy.ca
Paying it forward by sharing my Lua scripts, documentation and videos.
Bosshawg

Re: OpenTX 2.2.0 RC17

Post by Bosshawg »

Avast Protests about latest companion.exe update N370 {previous RC have not eg N369,N368,N366 etc}
http://downloads-22.open-tx.org/nightly ... ulator.exe Claims that it has blocked a threat.
Infection Win32:Evo-gen [Susp] :!:
3djc

Post by 3djc »

https://www.virustotal.com/fr/file/6e2b ... 493300273/

The issue is with Avast, not Companion
Bosshawg

Re: OpenTX 2.2.0 RC17 Avast whinging

Post by Bosshawg »

Thanks that reassuring,I was looking forward to see if my AR9X was behaving with RTC now.
Many thanks for your response & all your contributions. :)
Avast is No longer complaining about latest Companion & has installed N371 succesfully :D
nanks

Re: OpenTX 2.2.0 RC18 Logical Switch name change

Post by nanks »

Just a little whinge. I Don't like the change of the names of Logical
switches in the RC18 Companion. Too many characters and its
not consistent in Companion (only changes to the new form when
referenced/selecting) and doesn't change in the Tx at all.
sigimann

Post by sigimann »

Hallo

I Have a Taranis X9E with OpenTx 2.1.8. and i have problems with this Skatch .

Is this program also usable for the Version 2.1.8 or I need to use 2.2.x.

Sigi
rcdiy

Post by rcdiy »

Skatch? What is that?
RCdiy.ca
Stay Safe & Have Fun
OpenTX Manual http://rcdiy.ca
Paying it forward by sharing my Lua scripts, documentation and videos.

Return to “openTx”