Show pot ranges mapping to Strings

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
AlexF

Show pot ranges mapping to Strings

Post by AlexF »

I'm looking for a possibility to visualize position of one potentiometer in special way. I like to map ranges of the pot to specific strings, than i like to show the strings instead of the current pod value.

like this:

1000-1200 string1
1201-1400 string2
1401-1600 string3
1601-1700 string4
1801-2000 string5

Is there a possibility to realize this type of mapping and display the current string in openTX?

Thanks,

Alex.

Kilrah

Re: Show pot ranges mapping to Strings

Post by Kilrah »

You could either use the flight modes, or a lua script.
AlexF

Post by AlexF »

I had a look to "flight modes" for realizing a mapping between pot values and user defined strings. As far as i get it, this way I am limited to the total numbers of flight modes supported by my TX, which is 4 for my 9x. Right?

I'm afraid that Lua Scripting is NOT supported by the 9x, so this is not a solution for me. Right?

Is there another way to visualize the value of a pot by displaying a user defined String for it? I'd like to map 12 Values to pot positions.
Last edited by AlexF on Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Well, it works better with all details.
Not knowing which radio you had made lua a possibility in case it was a Taranis, and you mentioning 5 strings as an example was OK on the 9X (4 flight modes + the default that can also have a name).

So no, no way to get 12 strings on a 9x.
AlexF

Post by AlexF »

Okay, so i have to dive in the code base to realize this feature for my own. If someone have suggestions for adding an additional view , i would be happy. :)

I did already some research by browsing the git repo, hopefully it takes not too much time.

Or is there another software project that runs on a 9x that support this feature?

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Do you need to see the strings, or would adding voice output so the Tx speaks the position work?

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
AlexF

Post by AlexF »

Yeah, i was thinking about to solve this issue by your voice mod, but before i do the voice mod, i guess i will buy a taranis. for now i remember the numbers and the strings and do the mapping in the head ;) Not so nice, but it works greate ;).

On the other hand, why is there no feature like this in openTX for the 9x? In my mind ist is very basic thing if you control a lot of parameters like while doing in flight adjustments.
Last edited by AlexF on Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

The original 9X (ATMEGA64 processor) has very limited flash, RAM and EEPROM. Adding a feature like this would need quite a bit of all three of these.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

Return to “openTx”