OpenTX 2.1 released!

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
davek

Re: OpenTX 2.1 released!

Post by davek » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:59 pm

I have upgraded to 2.1.7. Connected up my glider and the telemetry recognised my vario. However the vario results are very eratic, varying by several feet. Has anyone any suggestions as to why?

Davek

Hope this is the correct section to post in!

frater

Post by frater » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:36 am

The variometer is in fact a barometer and it measures the air pressure.
The higher you go the less air pressure.
This barometer measures very small differences of this air pressure.
Of course the air pressure varies over time as well even if it's at the same height.

All in all, the method to use a barometer works quite well. It is of course inherently flawed.Don't expect too much.

It's hard for me to know if you are expecting too much of it. You're not giving enough info to do that. How is your experience with other vario's?

Besides the already mentioned this barometer is also sensitive for light and wind. For these reasons it is wrapped in foam.

I fly DLG's and on launch it resets the altitude if it is more than 1 meter off... This will happen almost every other launch.
Oh, and indoors it is constantly changing (that's when you're probably looking at it).

Jeffwhu

Post by Jeffwhu » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:25 pm

Hi
I have downloaded and run 2.1.7, but when opening zadig driver it does not list stm bootloader, have done a uninstall and reinstall to no avail, even tried doing it on another comp with the same result.
Open tx 2.0.xx is on the taranis x9d plus and running Windows 10.
Has anybody any ideas as to where I'm going wrong?

Cheers

Jeff

Scott Page

Post by Scott Page » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:06 am

Jeffwhu wrote:Hi
I have downloaded and run 2.1.7, but when opening zadig driver it does not list stm bootloader, have done a uninstall and reinstall to no avail, even tried doing it on another comp with the same result.
Open tx 2.0.xx is on the taranis x9d plus and running Windows 10.
Has anybody any ideas as to where I'm going wrong?

Cheers

Jeff
I don't understand why people still use the transmitter off method to connect :? - unless they are updating the bootloader (which doesn't change very often or very much and is not necessary to change).
If you have a relatively recent bootloader installed use transmitter on - or bootloader method to connect. I'm assuming you know that procedure so I won't insult by explaining how to use the bootloader method to connect. If you're unsure you could check http://www.open-txu.org for more info.

hursto75

Post by hursto75 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:30 am

Having build issues with 2.1.8 on fedora 24.

Here is the process I used.

dnf install git gcc svn qt qt-devel cmake patch xsd gcc-c++ SDL-devel phonon phonon-devel avr-gcc-c++ PyQt4 fox-devel avr-libc xerces-c-devel

git clone https://github.com/opentx/opentx
cd opentx
git checkout master
cd companion
mkdir lbuild
cd lbuild
cmake ../src
make clean
make

Here are the errors I get on build.

[ 96%] Building CXX object firmwares/opentx/simulator/CMakeFiles/opentx-taranisplus-simulator.dir/opentxsimulator.cpp.o
In file included from /usr/include/c++/6.1.1/math.h:36:0,
from /home/bkelley6/build/opentx/companion/src/../../radio/src/thirdparty/Lua/src/luaconf.h:448,
from /home/bkelley6/build/opentx/companion/src/../../radio/src/thirdparty/Lua/src/lua.h:16,
from /home/bkelley6/build/opentx/companion/src/../../radio/src/pulses/../lua/lua_api.h:45,
from /home/bkelley6/build/opentx/companion/src/../../radio/src/pulses/../opentx.h:1758,
from /home/bkelley6/build/opentx/companion/src/../../radio/src/pulses/ppm_arm.cpp:37,
from /home/bkelley6/build/opentx/companion/src/firmwares/opentx/simulator/opentxsimulator.cpp:83:
/usr/include/c++/6.1.1/cmath:101:37: error: ‘__is_integer’ was not declared in this scope
typename __gnu_cxx::__enable_if<__is_integer<_Tp>::__value,
^~~~~~~~~~~~

About 60 after that all about the same.

Any ideas?

Horja

Post by Horja » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:11 am

Hello
Please your opinion on my problem .
I have a Taranis Plus 2.1.6 12-12-2015
I tried to update to 2.1.9 or 2.1.8 using the companion 2.1 and after the SD card
Each time I get blank display and haptic vibrating continuesly. Voice is normal and voice switch warning also.
I tried updating the bootloader first and main firmware after and vice-versa.
Methods from here: " https://github.com/opentx/opentx/wiki/T ... ia-sd-card"
Thank you

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:02 pm

You're using the wrong firmware (Plus firmware on a non-Plus radio or the opposite).

Horja

Post by Horja » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:02 pm

Thank you fro your reply.
I used the firmware from here:
"http://www.open-tx.org/downloads"
I have a PLUS Taranis
How do I know which is which?
best regards

Charliechan

Re: OpenTX 2.1 upgrade

Post by Charliechan » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:27 pm

I've been using 2.1.19 for several months and it works great with my multicopter's. I loaded the Taranis X9D with no heli and lua selected. Now I want to dust off some old CPPM helicopters and fly with 2.1.19. I am hitting a wall to get my Campanion 2.1 to flash firmware with heli included now. Can someone help this old man?

Charliechan

Post by Charliechan » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:10 pm

Disregard, figured it out by shutting all down creating a 2d setup including heli and flashed that. This forum has So much good info, I read and learn here for years. Thanks everyone.

acsrandd

Re: OpenTX 2.1 released! Flashing X9DP via OTX 2.1.9

Post by acsrandd » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:02 am

My X9DP has OTX 2.0.20 and I want to upgrade to v2.1.9. Backed up all files in the X9DP, kept OTX 2.0.20 application on my desktop and downloaded the OTX 2.1.9 (installed in a separate folder inside of OpenTx Companion C: drive) and made sure the settings are the same as 2.0.20 OTX. Saved the opentx-taranisplus-en-2.1.9.bin to a file that is deeply nested. Then I selected OTX flash firmware and navigated to the location of the FW file opentx-taranisplus-en-2.1.9.bin. I am getting the error: "opentx-taranisplus-en-2.1.9.bin not found"!? I thought it may be a deeply nested file path issue so I placed the opentx-taranisplus-en-2.1.9.bin on my desktop and tried again, same error. Does anyone have any suggestions beyond using the SD card method?

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:37 am

Screenshot of the companion window when you get the error? It's not clear which companion function you're using.

Make sure your user profile name doesn't have special characters, if you put on the desktop it could still break.

beard

Post by beard » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:46 am

Hi, anyone tried this version on 9xr-pro?
I get garbled screen only and device gets in reset loop :(

thebirdman

Post by thebirdman » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:27 am

Kilrah Danny Here, I read some where on line here that I should just jump off and grow my wings on the way down, So I did Jump!
The Thing is that I reconfigured my old X9D so many different ways, reformatted the SD card, most likely did a whole lot of other stuff that I feel like Hansel and Gretel The part where the birds ate all the crumbs they dropped so they could find their way back home, I must have read 200 hours of Open TX U and feel as dumb as I was before I started, What I need here is a big brother Obi-Wan Kilrah Ken obi Jedi of the Open TX Force to pull out his light saber and to help me find my way back home Lost as I can be I am crying for Help Please!

Return to “openTx”