OpenTX 2.1 released!

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
jhsa

Re: OpenTX 2.1 released!

Post by jhsa »

I'm not sure if opentx has something similar but in ersky9x you have scalers.
Select your telemetry source to a scaler, multiply it and/or divide it the way you want it, give it an offset, make it a positive or negative value, select how many decimal values and give it a name. Then use it wherever you need to. Mixer, voice, etc..

About dividing the total voltage by the number of cells, and speaking for myself, i wouldn't do it. If the pack is unbalanced and one of the cells is much lower than the others, the radio will report a much higher cell voltage than what really is. The result would be a damaged battery and possibly a crashed model :) :) But each to his own :D

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Hexperience wrote: But, more importantly for me, is RPM ÷ gear ratio = rotor speed.
RPM sensor handling already caters for that case, you've got "blades" (divider) and a multiplier so you can enter your ratio.
Hexperience wrote: Besides, opentx is flexible right? If I want to hear the total voltage ÷ 4 (or what ever cell count) who's to say that is wrong? Opentx = freedom
cheers!!
No problem, you're free to implement a divide formula and submit a pull request to have it included!
Hexperience

Post by Hexperience »

Thanks. So how could I enter something like 12.6 as a gear ratio?
Cheers
Sky9X: One radio to rule them all, and in the darkness BIND them.
Hexperience

Post by Hexperience »

As for the voltage division. If you are getting only telemetry on the total pack voltage, which a lot of people do, then the same thing applies about 1 cell could go bad. Heck most people fly with a timer and nothing else.

All I am saying is that rather than hearing the total voltage I want to hear the total voltage but in the form of a single cell average. So whether I am on 4 or 3 cells I always hear "3.9v" or whatever.

I switch between 3,4 and 6 cell helis and thinking in terms of average cell voltage makes it easy. It doesn't mean that I'll fly any longer than I normally do.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

I understand what you mean ;) if only to hear the voltage being spoken, but to setup an alarm I wouldn't use the divided value as that value is not the real value from the lowest cell..
If you don't have a sensor that monitors all cells the alarm should be set using the total value.

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Hexperience wrote:Thanks. So how could I enter something like 12.6 as a gear ratio?
126 blades, multiplier 10.
Hexperience

Post by Hexperience »

Thank you again... sorry but how do I set the multiplier? We're talking about 2.0.x right? Do I need to be on 2.1 ?

Thanks again!!
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

No, we're in the "OpenTX 2.1 released" thread... So all of these discussions are about 2.1.
flierman1945

Post by flierman1945 »

I tried the latest release earlier this week. Most of the changes seem understandable. But when it comes to the telemetry, I am just lost. I can get my devices detected, but am finding it so difficult to work out power, mah etc. I think this release has taken open tx out of the comfort zone for many ordinary users. I gave up and reverted to 2.0.17 which seems so simple to set up and use.
Any other users finding this new release tough going????
Hexperience

Post by Hexperience »

Kilrah wrote:No, we're in the "OpenTX 2.1 released" thread... So all of these discussions are about 2.1.
I know, I just wasn't sure if the multiplier was also in the 2.0 firmware.

I have only gone through 2.1 in companion, it's not on my tarranis yet.
Hexperience

Post by Hexperience »

jhsa wrote:I understand what you mean ;) if only to hear the voltage being spoken, but to setup an alarm I wouldn't use the divided value as that value is not the real value from the lowest cell..
If you don't have a sensor that monitors all cells the alarm should be set using the total value.

João
If you're not monitoring individual cells there is no difference between 11.1v and 11.1v ÷ 3. (I know there is a little difference due to decimal places)

Anyway, it's not a big issue at all, just a preference.

Cheers!
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

I'm new to OpenTX.
I have installed OpenTX Companion 2.1 on my computer and Firmware OpenTX-Taranis-en-2.1.0.bin on my taranis X9D radio.
When I finished the model and settings in companion I connected the radio to the computer two windows appear.
Taranis (E) eeprom.bin Date modified 21/10/2010
Firmware.bin Date Modified 21/10/2010
The other folder is the SD folders.
When I click on the write model and settings to radio a window appears I checked all the boxes and click write to TX the following occurs.
Error. Invalid Model and Settings file C:/Users/JEFFRE~1/AppData/Local/Temp/1932-bin.
Warning. The radio firmware belongs to another product family, Check file and preferences!
I can't see any preferences in the file menu in companion 2.1
Would this problem have any thing to do with Taranis (E) files with the old modified dates?

Thanks
Jeff
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

I don't understand if you're using an X9D or X9E.
Jeffrey wrote: I can't see any preferences in the file menu in companion 2.1
This means "check you're using the correct file" and "check the settings in companion preferences match the radio type you're trying to flash".
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

I'm using X9D the first taranis the one before pro.
In companion settings, radio type I selected OpenTX for FrSky Taranis.
What do you mean check you're using the correct file what file are you referring to.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

The firmware you've downloaded, check that it matches the right radio type (many people try to flash a Taranis Plus firmware to a Taranis or vice-versa, which is why the check was implemented).

The check is however faulty in 2.1.0, so once you've made sure the file is the right one you might still get the error. If you do, disable it.
dermo

Post by dermo »

Not sure if this is a real issue or just my stupidity but I am unable to adjust a global variable in special functions using a slider. I am unable to select any slider, pot or channel in the list using the transmitter. Am I doing something wrong or is it a bug? I am following this guide ... viewtopic.php?f=96&t=4852

OpenTX 2.1.0 EEPR 217 on Taranis X9D.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Global Functions cannot adjust or access anything model-specific.
dermo

Post by dermo »

No, I am not in global functions but am in model specific special functions
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Ah. Works here, did you do the "long enter" on the source field?
Attachments
screenshot-1.png
screenshot-1.png (1.34 KiB) Viewed 32230 times
dermo

Post by dermo »

Thanks Kilrah, I don't know how but I had missed the 'long press' on the source field to cycle through options. Works fine now.
enio

Post by enio »

I can update the firmware of my old Taranis (not Plus) by the new Open Tx 2.1.0 ?
If this is not possible which would be the last version which may be updated ?

Thank You
WZ9V

Post by WZ9V »

Yes you can. I put 2.10 on my "B" model original Taranis no problem

2.0.17 would be the best 2.0 as its the latest (at this time)
enio wrote:I can update the firmware of my old Taranis (not Plus) by the new Open Tx 2.1.0 ?
If this is not possible which would be the last version which may be updated ?

Thank You
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Kilrah wrote:The firmware you've downloaded, check that it matches the right radio type (many people try to flash a Taranis Plus firmware to a Taranis or vice-versa, which is why the check was implemented).

The check is however faulty in 2.1.0, so once you've made sure the file is the right one you might still get the error. If you do, disable it.

Thankyou Kilrah, It's working fine.
I'm trying to setup a FeiyuTech FY41AP Autopilot. The remote control settings for SW1 & SW2 switchs. SW1 3 position switch for Deactivated; Stable & 3D, SW2 3 position switch for RTL; Null & ADH. How do you setup the switchs in OpenTX to communicate with the FY41AP.

Jeffrey
OctavioS

Post by OctavioS »

Im having this issue: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=7348
2x - Turnigy 9X with 9xtreme board;
2x - Turnigy 9XRpro ;
Frsky Taranis & Taranis +;
Horus x10s;
Horus x12s;
Radiomaster TX16S Max mark II.
ReSt

Post by ReSt »

I'm still on an old 9x.

I compiled 2.1.1 and found that the timer voices are incorrect now, for e.g. 02:30 it says 2 hours 30 minutes instead of 2 minutes 30 seconds.
Generally it says hour instead of minute and minute instead of second.

It runs fine with 2.0.17

Reinhard
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

You need to update your voice files, numbering has changed to make room for additional units.
ReSt

Post by ReSt »

I downloaded the OpenTx 2.1 voice files and the csv sheet for 9x-128 from open.tx.org ("english-english-stock").

I can see, that the files starting with 480 and above have changed.
But the hours, minutes, seconds files have stayed untouched at 399 to 404.

The files seem to be from march, so either they have not been updated to reflect r2.1 or they have some errors.

I forgot to mention, that I have modified the countdown of the last minute to give more frequent voices and all these calls use the "AUDIO_TIMER_MINUTE(val)" function. (working well in the recent releases, up to 2.0.17)

btw. the "english-english-stock.zip" file contains 6 files of 46 bytes length. They do not play very well :)
(264 -> eight, 366 ->and, 373->amp, 395 ->foot, 377 and 378 I don't know what they should contain)

Reinhard
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

AFAIK sound stuff isn't supposed to have changed at all between 2.0 and 2.1 on non-ARM platforms. Nobody in the team however has hardware to test and we haven't had any feedback yet, so if there's an issue your report (with official version) will be welcome.
ReSt

Post by ReSt »

I traced it down to \radio\src\translations\tts_en.cpp

enum EnglishPromts{} has changed how it assigns numbers to the different variables.
When I use tts_en.cpp from 2.0.17, minutes and seconds of the timer are played, but with tts_en.cpp from 2.1.1 minutes and seconds are played as hours and minutes.

When I rename the wav files 0399.wav-0404.wav to 0397.wav-0402.wav hours and minuts are played correctly.

btw. the decimal numbers also have to be shifted up by five numbers to play. From 0416.wav-0425.wav up to 0421.wav-0430.wav.

As I'm really not familiar with Git and how to download a clean database, this is what I did:
I did a Git Clone (downloads around 106MB)
From there i did a 'Tortois Git' - 'Export' with Tag 2.1.1 into a zip file that I unpacked into an empty directory.
and a make clean and make PCB=9X128 EXT=STD HELI=YES TEMPLATES=YES AUDIO =YES GTAPHICS=YES CURVES=YES
had the same problems with the timer values.

Reinhard
crash22

Post by crash22 »

Would that explain why i don't get any decimal readouts anymore with 2.1.1?

Return to “openTx”