OpenTX 2.1 released!

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
davek

Re: OpenTX 2.1 released!

Post by davek »

I have upgraded to 2.1.7. Connected up my glider and the telemetry recognised my vario. However the vario results are very eratic, varying by several feet. Has anyone any suggestions as to why?

Davek

Hope this is the correct section to post in!

frater

Post by frater »

The variometer is in fact a barometer and it measures the air pressure.
The higher you go the less air pressure.
This barometer measures very small differences of this air pressure.
Of course the air pressure varies over time as well even if it's at the same height.

All in all, the method to use a barometer works quite well. It is of course inherently flawed.Don't expect too much.

It's hard for me to know if you are expecting too much of it. You're not giving enough info to do that. How is your experience with other vario's?

Besides the already mentioned this barometer is also sensitive for light and wind. For these reasons it is wrapped in foam.

I fly DLG's and on launch it resets the altitude if it is more than 1 meter off... This will happen almost every other launch.
Oh, and indoors it is constantly changing (that's when you're probably looking at it).
Jeffwhu

Post by Jeffwhu »

Hi
I have downloaded and run 2.1.7, but when opening zadig driver it does not list stm bootloader, have done a uninstall and reinstall to no avail, even tried doing it on another comp with the same result.
Open tx 2.0.xx is on the taranis x9d plus and running Windows 10.
Has anybody any ideas as to where I'm going wrong?

Cheers

Jeff
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

Jeffwhu wrote:Hi
I have downloaded and run 2.1.7, but when opening zadig driver it does not list stm bootloader, have done a uninstall and reinstall to no avail, even tried doing it on another comp with the same result.
Open tx 2.0.xx is on the taranis x9d plus and running Windows 10.
Has anybody any ideas as to where I'm going wrong?

Cheers

Jeff
I don't understand why people still use the transmitter off method to connect :? - unless they are updating the bootloader (which doesn't change very often or very much and is not necessary to change).
If you have a relatively recent bootloader installed use transmitter on - or bootloader method to connect. I'm assuming you know that procedure so I won't insult by explaining how to use the bootloader method to connect. If you're unsure you could check http://www.open-txu.org for more info.
hursto75

Post by hursto75 »

Having build issues with 2.1.8 on fedora 24.

Here is the process I used.

dnf install git gcc svn qt qt-devel cmake patch xsd gcc-c++ SDL-devel phonon phonon-devel avr-gcc-c++ PyQt4 fox-devel avr-libc xerces-c-devel

git clone https://github.com/opentx/opentx
cd opentx
git checkout master
cd companion
mkdir lbuild
cd lbuild
cmake ../src
make clean
make

Here are the errors I get on build.

[ 96%] Building CXX object firmwares/opentx/simulator/CMakeFiles/opentx-taranisplus-simulator.dir/opentxsimulator.cpp.o
In file included from /usr/include/c++/6.1.1/math.h:36:0,
from /home/bkelley6/build/opentx/companion/src/../../radio/src/thirdparty/Lua/src/luaconf.h:448,
from /home/bkelley6/build/opentx/companion/src/../../radio/src/thirdparty/Lua/src/lua.h:16,
from /home/bkelley6/build/opentx/companion/src/../../radio/src/pulses/../lua/lua_api.h:45,
from /home/bkelley6/build/opentx/companion/src/../../radio/src/pulses/../opentx.h:1758,
from /home/bkelley6/build/opentx/companion/src/../../radio/src/pulses/ppm_arm.cpp:37,
from /home/bkelley6/build/opentx/companion/src/firmwares/opentx/simulator/opentxsimulator.cpp:83:
/usr/include/c++/6.1.1/cmath:101:37: error: ‘__is_integer’ was not declared in this scope
typename __gnu_cxx::__enable_if<__is_integer<_Tp>::__value,
^~~~~~~~~~~~

About 60 after that all about the same.

Any ideas?

Horja

Post by Horja »

Hello
Please your opinion on my problem .
I have a Taranis Plus 2.1.6 12-12-2015
I tried to update to 2.1.9 or 2.1.8 using the companion 2.1 and after the SD card
Each time I get blank display and haptic vibrating continuesly. Voice is normal and voice switch warning also.
I tried updating the bootloader first and main firmware after and vice-versa.
Methods from here: " https://github.com/opentx/opentx/wiki/T ... ia-sd-card"
Thank you
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

You're using the wrong firmware (Plus firmware on a non-Plus radio or the opposite).
Horja

Post by Horja »

Thank you fro your reply.
I used the firmware from here:
"http://www.open-tx.org/downloads"
I have a PLUS Taranis
How do I know which is which?
best regards
Charliechan

Re: OpenTX 2.1 upgrade

Post by Charliechan »

I've been using 2.1.19 for several months and it works great with my multicopter's. I loaded the Taranis X9D with no heli and lua selected. Now I want to dust off some old CPPM helicopters and fly with 2.1.19. I am hitting a wall to get my Campanion 2.1 to flash firmware with heli included now. Can someone help this old man?
Charliechan

Post by Charliechan »

Disregard, figured it out by shutting all down creating a 2d setup including heli and flashed that. This forum has So much good info, I read and learn here for years. Thanks everyone.
acsrandd

Re: OpenTX 2.1 released! Flashing X9DP via OTX 2.1.9

Post by acsrandd »

My X9DP has OTX 2.0.20 and I want to upgrade to v2.1.9. Backed up all files in the X9DP, kept OTX 2.0.20 application on my desktop and downloaded the OTX 2.1.9 (installed in a separate folder inside of OpenTx Companion C: drive) and made sure the settings are the same as 2.0.20 OTX. Saved the opentx-taranisplus-en-2.1.9.bin to a file that is deeply nested. Then I selected OTX flash firmware and navigated to the location of the FW file opentx-taranisplus-en-2.1.9.bin. I am getting the error: "opentx-taranisplus-en-2.1.9.bin not found"!? I thought it may be a deeply nested file path issue so I placed the opentx-taranisplus-en-2.1.9.bin on my desktop and tried again, same error. Does anyone have any suggestions beyond using the SD card method?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Screenshot of the companion window when you get the error? It's not clear which companion function you're using.

Make sure your user profile name doesn't have special characters, if you put on the desktop it could still break.
beard

Post by beard »

Hi, anyone tried this version on 9xr-pro?
I get garbled screen only and device gets in reset loop :(
thebirdman

Post by thebirdman »

Kilrah Danny Here, I read some where on line here that I should just jump off and grow my wings on the way down, So I did Jump!
The Thing is that I reconfigured my old X9D so many different ways, reformatted the SD card, most likely did a whole lot of other stuff that I feel like Hansel and Gretel The part where the birds ate all the crumbs they dropped so they could find their way back home, I must have read 200 hours of Open TX U and feel as dumb as I was before I started, What I need here is a big brother Obi-Wan Kilrah Ken obi Jedi of the Open TX Force to pull out his light saber and to help me find my way back home Lost as I can be I am crying for Help Please!
timmybeetle

Post by timmybeetle »

Hi

I want to use 2 fvlss sensors.
I first used opentx2.0.19 and not working for 12s readout.
Second I tried opentx2.1.10 and also not working, even stranger things happening.

Opentx 2.1.9 fault reports.docx
info about strange things happening to my logfiles
(339.45 KiB) Downloaded 278 times
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Anytime you change what sensors are logged you need to delete the existing logfile for that day if there is one.
timmybeetle

Post by timmybeetle »

Hi

Thanks for answer bud I renamed logfile by adding a number behind logfile.
Put 1 and 2 behind it to separate files.
Could it be that one of my sensors has a fault when placed in daisy chain....

regards hans
fault in logfile.jpg
3djc

Post by 3djc »

timmybeetle wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:16 pm I want to use 2 fvlss sensors.
Have you changed one of the sensors ID with ID changer ? (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOSk-UEpPz0)
timmybeetle

Post by timmybeetle »

HI 3djc
Thanks for yours reply.
And of course I changed ID of sensors, if they have same ID it would not working.
See pic below
Here you can see they say ID: is 300 for both and instance is for one 6 and other 7!!!
In Freelink you can see that physical ID is 6 and 7 and data rate is 300mS, very confusing and maybe explanation why it doesn't work.... :roll:
sensor id info.jpg
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

What exactly is the problem? Both sensors are there so it seems all good.
timmybeetle

Post by timmybeetle »

Hi Guys

What I'm trying to say all the time is...
I use 2 sensors for my 10S-12S setup so I can log my cell voltage of my LIPO's
It worked some times but know I can't get it working again.
I used opentx 2.0.19 and even tried opentx 2.1.9.
But now way I can see all cells in my log file, I even described problem with my log files in opentx2.1.9!
It seems that sensor with LIPO with most cells overrides other sensor ( connect one 4cell and one 3 cell), in my log files I see only LIPO with most cells displayed.
I tried to give as much information as I have but it is always difficult to explain to others.
See pic below of log file created with opentx2.1.9 , see also back in this thread problems I have with my logfiles in opentx2.1.9 :(

cells displayed in log file only 4 cells of 7 are there.....
here you can see that I'm missing data in my log files
I did a separate test with just rcvr and my 2 flvss connected to rcvr.
I use one 5S lipo and one 6S lipo see word doc.
Regards Hans
Attachments
Test with FLVSS Sensors opntx 2.0.19.docx
(75.24 KiB) Downloaded 265 times
missing data very strange.jpg
cells displayed in log file only 4 cells of 7 are there.....jpg
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Telemetry works completely differently in 2.1, the Cels sensor will just log the total voltage, you have to create more sensors yourself to get individual cell values. Similarly if you use 2 sesnors for a 12S battery and want to see the total voltage you have to create a sensor that adds the 2 Cels sensors.

This shows an example to add the lowest cell:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfvRa6ey_9I

You might want to search for some guides that were made back when this change was introduced.
timmybeetle

Post by timmybeetle »

Hi

I understand what you're saying.
But this is only for you taranis telemetry screen, but not for your logfile.
You could see in my log file that cells 1-6 are logged, so this has nothing to do with yours screen data....
I did know about that, read it a while back.

https://youtu.be/lORZGjDpZEg

Regards Hans

here a picture when it worked long time ago so shoot me...opentx2.0.19
12 s when it worked.jpg
Last edited by timmybeetle on Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

It is for the logfile as well.

Again your 2.0 screenshot is useless for 2.1, things have completely changed.
timmybeetle

Post by timmybeetle »

Update

after I had some thinking and start a little bit fresh I flashed my Taranis to 2.1.10.
Start over again with my telemetry settings and its indeed very different than 2.0.19.
Anyway after some testing I found out how to do it, it's a lot more programming, and copy past for all the cell voltages.
But I got it working now.
Thanks for yours support and patient towards me, RTFM.... :roll:
regards Hans
multi cell logging working.jpg
Why it stops working in my previous version of opentx is a complete flabbergasting for me :twisted:
timmybeetle

Post by timmybeetle »

Kilrah wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:49 pm It is for the logfile as well.

Again your 2.0 screenshot is useless for 2.1, things have completely changed.
Hi

After I found solution with my issue I know answer!

In opentx2.1.10 in my case every item you wane have logged you must set a mark in the box Logs.
Also you have to program every item you wane log in the telemetry section and add a sensor.
It's a lot more work but when you now what you must do it's repeating the same thing again in my case for every cell, 12 times....

Regards Hans
log files mark field Logs.jpg
3djc

Post by 3djc »

Not sure why anyone would want to create a per cell sensor, but if you want to do that, yes, thats how you do it
timmybeetle

Post by timmybeetle »

3djc wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:23 am Not sure why anyone would want to create a per cell sensor, but if you want to do that, yes, thats how you do it
Hi

Well if you want to know if a cell is going bad in a LIPO this a way to know which one.
I f you fly yours LIPO's empty around 80% I know by experience you can see which cell is going bad.
May come in handy if you want to know performance of LIPO.

On my Futaba system I use Quanum Telemetry And there I can see all cells on my display and I noticed that LIPO's going old losing one ore more cells at 80% discharge during flight. ;)

Regards Hans
3djc

Post by 3djc »

https://frskytaranis.forumactif.org/t28 ... r-la-radio

In french, but this allow to do it simply using the cell sensor
meistertek

Post by meistertek »

Hello! I am trying to install Companion 2.1.9 on Linux Mint 20 Cinnamon (GTK) to program my Turnigy 9x radio using the companion21_2.1.9_amd64.deb install file. I haven't been able to get it to install :(

Installing Companion 2.1.9 I ran into some dependency issues, to fix them I tried the following:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install libphonon4
This displayed:
E: Unable to locate package libphonon4
This didn’t work, After some searching online it appears that I need KDE desktop to run since Phonon is designed to work with KDE. Is this true?

I also tried:

sudo apt-get install libphonon-dev
This displayed:
E: Unable to locate package libphonon-dev
This didn’t work either.

Is it possible to run Companion 2.1.9 on Linux Mint 20 Cinnamon (GTK)?

Return to “openTx”