Step by step tutorial for the MEGA2560

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
Gerhard34

Step by step tutorial for the MEGA2560

Post by Gerhard34 »

To all OpenTX gurus,

is there a step by step tutorial for the setup of an Arduino MEGA 2560 based openTX?

I've found this link M2560 DIY radio documentation but I'm confused about
  1. the different flash methods for the 16U2 (ISP vs. DFU) and
  2. the 3 versions of the M2560 firmware files and
  3. the fuse setting for both controller.
For a couple of hours I flashed and flashed almost any possible combination, but without success: Companion didn't talk to the Arduino board.

So I decided it's time for some help from the community!
Is there any experienced flasher out there which could help me with some guidelines?

thanks
Gerhard

HighElf

Re: Step by step tutorial for the MEGA2560

Post by HighElf »

Hello everybody, hi Gerhard34,

New kid in block. Same issue.

As I started this hobby 2 years ago I was sold a defective WK-1001 35Mhz transmitter before I switch to Taranis. Then I decided to give it a chance and started the DIY OpenTX MEGA 2560 project.

I selected MEGA Pro Mini (https://www.google.bg/search?q=MEGA+pro ... fiIqjR5hbM:) and Artronic LCD ST7565R. Power and PPM Management board and LCD Control Board (5V to 3.3V) had to be redone. From the Walkera sided only the sticks and switches are kept. Lots of soldering and multimeter "ringing" crosschecks.
So I initated the software uploading part and everything went smoothly (happy blinking leds when uploading fuses, Companion, avrdude also happy...) until the very end when I have no image on the display and I can't reach the board anymore through Companion.

Regards,
Stefan
pierrotm777

Re: Step by step tutorial for the MEGA2560

Post by pierrotm777 »

Look for the project OpenAVRc. It's a girl of Opentx for the atmega2560.

Return to “openTx”