OpenTX 2.1 telemetry system preview

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
Bruneaux

Re: OpenTX 2.1 telemetry system preview

Post by Bruneaux »

Kilrah,

When you had posted this original thread I thought I saw a post that gave some 'practical' (do not exceed) numbers about the max number of SPort ID's and and the max number of DataID's.

Do remember that post or those numbers?

Of course the type of telemetry device will have different numbers of DataID's, but I thought there was a guideline somewhere.

Thank

Bruneaux

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

There are 28 different hardware IDs. A single piece of hardware (e.g. using one hardware ID) can send any number of different data types.

That answer is as vague as the question though...
Bruneaux

Post by Bruneaux »

Kilrah wrote:There are 28 different hardware IDs. A single piece of hardware (e.g. using one hardware ID) can send any number of different data types.

That answer is as vague as the question though...

Thanks. I have those numbers.

Maybe it was Mike B.

Bruneaux
DenverMark

Post by DenverMark »

I've been reading some of this post, but most of jargon flies above my head. Can anyone point me to a simple explanation of how to get the individual cell values from the FLVSS through my Taranis? A step by step? Thanks

EDIT: is this the answer? From an earlier post.

"Create a sensor, type Calculated, forumla Cells, select your Cell sensor as source, and the index of the cell you want. No IDs to play with."

I do hope there is more explanation than this available, but less than this whole, arcane, thread.
Last edited by DenverMark on Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Yep.

DenverMark

Post by DenverMark »

That does not spell out much. You don't need to know any names going into this? That is enough info right there?
DenverMark

Post by DenverMark »

I'm finding it hard to believe that this is the only way to break this code, trying to understand this thread. If anyone happens across a complete instruction, please post it to this thread.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

DenverMark

Post by DenverMark »

Thank you for posting this. Page 1331 of that thread does seem very promising. I will try it later today.
DenverMark

Post by DenverMark »

This was the level of detail I needed. Thank you for your help.
Redbrickman

Post by Redbrickman »

Is there a Mac version of Open Tx Companion that will work with OpenTX 2.1?
Maintain thine airspeed.
Lest the ground arise and smite thee!
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Every release has got its mac version... see OpenTX website.
jdawson

Post by jdawson »

Yes. Go to www.open-tx.org go to opencast 2.1.7 link below and then select Mac version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Redbrickman

Post by Redbrickman »

Thank you, got it working on my Mac now.
Maintain thine airspeed.
manu84

OpenTX 2.1 telemetry system preview : value display and "small" digit

Post by manu84 »

Hello,

I use OpenTX on a Turnigy 9x with the AR9X custom board.
Well, I would like to talk about the display value, precisely the "small" digit.
I use the telemetry to monitor my battery and capacity use.
The problem is I have 10 000 mah battery and when I pass from 999 to 1000 mah, the last digit become a "small"
This is very confusing when you take a look to the value, because when you look quickly you see only the big digit !!

So I found no way to change this and keep only big digit...
Is there a way without modify the source code?
I am able to modify the code but I realy dont know (and dont find) how to locally compile the firmware.

Hope somebody could help me.

Emmanuel
From France
(sorry fo my bad english)
Redbrickman

Post by Redbrickman »

Have been setting up a quadcopter but having some problems with telemetry.

Flip32 Board
D4Rii receiver, jumpered 3-4 to output CPPM

Added green and black wires from receiver to the correct points on the Flip and the added three wire from receiver to Flip board as per pinouts found on internet sites.

Set up soft serial ports and checked telemetry and Soft Serial in Cleanflight software

Taranis running 2.1.7 detected RSSI and A1 + A2 sensors correctly.

With 3S lipo I see A1 at 5V but A2 is also showing 5V

Any ideas where I have gone wrong?
Maintain thine airspeed.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

You aren't receiving data from the FC, otherwise you should have more sensors detected. Might be that the board only sends data when armed.
Redbrickman

Post by Redbrickman »

Thanks for the reply Kilrah.
I have been testing with the board armed so will have to check it over carefully again. I saw some comments on the net that Baseflight sometimes is better for certain setups than the Cleanflight software. The other thing I have not tried it to only use the green data wire to feed the telemtry and remove the ground, mabye a ground loop, but I'm now clutching at straws ;)
Maintain thine airspeed.
Redbrickman

Post by Redbrickman »

Have reflashed the board and tried various other things but it seems there is nothing being output to the Receiver. I wonder if anyone else in the forum is using 2.1.7, Flip32 and the D4r-ii combo?

UPDATE - Happy to report SUCCESS!

Part of the set up on the Naze/Flip 32 requires a CLI command to invert the telemetry data to suit the FRSKY receiver. I had entered that command but it appears it did not take the first time. After entereign and saving it I now have all the sensors flasing in my telmetry screen ;)

Now back to switch programming ;)
Maintain thine airspeed.
spoke2570

Post by spoke2570 »

Using Taranis/OpenTX 2.1.8
Is there some list of hardware id numbers so that normal telemetry logging can show things like flight mode, or stick position separate from ppm output, or logical switch values..?
For example DLG zoom mode has some timed elevator motion which gets tidied up by live stick input, I't be nice to get that on my normal log files as when zoom is kicked, and what the ele is doing, what the stick is doing, and how those relate to VSPD and ALT?
Do I gotta suck it up and write that model script? If I write that model script will it be able to append the log at at least the 0.1 sec rate possible via normal telemetry logging?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Don't understand what you're after, but the state of the radio's hardware controls is already logged by default.
spoke2570

Post by spoke2570 »

Thanks for the reply..
So: The Tx hardware state is recorded in terms of stick, switch, pot positions, and sensors that are checked in the telemetry screen. Beauty!

The thing is that if one wants to view logs in terms of flight mode or channel "X" output this is not apparently list selectable. For example: I use channel 9 to sum up the inputs that produce chamber position for multi-servo wings and then use channel 9 as input on all the wing servos. Sweet mixer page simplified. In use I enter FM4 (full flaps). Switch "A" is the primary trigger for this, so I can figure out on the logs where I pulled the switch, but there are a couple of safety interlocks so I don't pull the flaps at some stupid time like at full throttle or in a super steep dive. There is also timing for elevator compensation and flap deployment to smooth the flight transition. The flight log does not seem to have any way to view those timed control surface deployments or the reality of whether switch "A" toggled the flight mode.

I know that these sort of particulars can be custom-logged using scripts, but it would be so nice to just get this with the canned logging system (ya trying to be lazy here). If there were a list of sensor instance #s that included the hardware positions that were already logged by default, a calculated sensor could at least reproduce flight mode changes. If there were one that included channel outputs, too, then one could watch the control surface deployments, relative to mode change, and compare with altimetry. This would make the canned logs so much more useful for me.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

As of now telemetry is pretty much separate from control, so making a way to access controls in telemetry would be both complicated and dirty.
There could be some level of choice of what we want logged from the control side though, and a "flight mode" item with just a number could be added.
spoke2570

Post by spoke2570 »

Thanks. Off to sort out the fresh io library
Carbo

Re: OpenTX 2.1 telemetry system preview: scale in inputs

Post by Carbo »

When you select a telemetry field as source in "Inputs" a scale field appears.It accepts numbers from -3000 to +3000. How does it calculate?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

How much of the telemetry value should map to +100% in the control domain.
janlebelg

Post by janlebelg »

hi
i just resterted whit the log fils
when i was in 2.0 i have this in the log file
Date,Time,SWR,RSSI,A1,A2,A3,A4,GPS Date,GPS Time,Long,Lat,Course,GPS Speed(kts),GPS Alt,Baro Alt(m),Vertical Speed,Air Speed(kts),Temp1,Temp2,RPM,Fuel,Cell volts,Cell 1,Cell 2,Cell 3,Cell 4,Cell 5,Cell 6,Cell 7,Cell 8,Cell 9,Cell 10,Cell 11,Cell 12,Current,Consumption,Vfas,AccelX,AccelY,AccelZ,Rud,Ele,Thr,Ail,S1,S2,S3,LS,RS,SA,SB,SC,SD,SE,SF,SG,SH

and today whit vertion 2.1.8 a have this for the same model
Date,Time,RSSI(dB),Dir,Prf,Gaz,Ail,S1,S2,S3,LS,RS,SA,SB,SC,SD,SE,SF,SG,SH

il al my models on screen and lua works but in the log there a no senseros what dit i wrong

regards

edit

i found it i dit not put the x on all sensors :oops: :oops: :oops:
gke

Post by gke »

I use the same instrumentation package in all of my models.

Is there a way of copying all of the telemetry specification for one model to another existing model without doing it sensor by sensor. I guess what I am asking for is importable/saveable telemetry templates. I know that for a new model I can simply clone an existing model and make the changes to the model part.

Thanks
rcdiy

Post by rcdiy »

(Deleted)
Last edited by rcdiy on Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RCdiy.ca
Stay Safe & Have Fun
OpenTX Manual http://rcdiy.ca
Paying it forward by sharing my Lua scripts, documentation and videos.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

No, there is no such possibility at the time.

Return to “openTx”