Can't read Altitude on modified T9X Tx

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
Cub

Can't read Altitude on modified T9X Tx

Post by Cub »

Hi All,I have recently completed the mods to my Turnigy 9x Tx and flashed it with OPEN Tx. Of course, I installed the FrSky DHT telemetry module which I have been flying for over two years prior to these mods being made. I can read RSSR,Tx voltage,Rx voltage from the Tx screen but I can not read altitude. When I open the telemetry screen numbers like 91,122,241,326 and 844 appear upon powering up the Tx. In addition to this, in the case of all the numbers except 94, there is a much smaller two digit number displayed to the upper right of the large numbers. None of the numbers change no matter how much elevation difference there is between the Tx and the Rx. If I press the MENU button whatever number is being displayed clears and is replaced with 94. I have a Taranis and the only programming instructions I have are adapted from the Taranis. I really don't have any Telemetry (altitude) instructions at all. The Taranis and the 9x are different versions. I am using a FrSky D4R-II Rx and a Modified FrSky Varaiometer For this. The receiver/ Vario combo worked in my Bixler w/o issue. I think I have a programming issue but I really don"t know. Should someone be so kind to help me with this issue I would be very appreciative.Thank you..............Tom

Daedalus66

Re: Can't read Altitude on modified T9X Tx

Post by Daedalus66 »

First thing to do is go get the new manual. Just a few posts above yours.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6473

If that doesn't do it, then come on back for help.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Nigel, I think Tom wants help with openTX, but he posted on the er9x forum..

João

EDIT: Topic moved to the openTX forum.. ;)
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Cub

Post by Cub »

"THANK YOU" to both JOAO and Nigel. Sorry about posting in the wrong area and thanks for moving my post......Tom

Return to “openTx”