cutting a hole for programming port?

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
raqumup

cutting a hole for programming port?

Post by raqumup »

just wanted to take sort of a pole, how often do you use the programming port? I just have in inside my radio, just have to take the halves apart to get to it. would you say it is worth it to cut a hole for it so I can access it anytime or keep the clean looking case?
I painted mine white and black. went for a storm trooper theme
Attachments
Tx White.JPG

gohsthb

Re: cutting a hole for programming port?

Post by gohsthb »

Maybe you can put the hole in the battery compartment? Then you only have too take the battery out.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

raqumup wrote: I painted mine white and black. went for a storm trooper theme
With all that white, may I ask.. ;)
Do you fly models with internal combustion engines?

You better wash your hands every time you pick your radio up, or some of that white will turn black :mrgreen:

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Once every couple of days... Battery compartment is indeed a common choice.

Sent via mobile
raqumup

Post by raqumup »

i thought about the batery compartment, only reason i was hesitant is if i need to take it apart i can seperate the halves very easly.

May i ask why you need to hook into that port every couple of days?

i did fly nitro but now because of how cheap electric has become i have switched to brushless. i do love the smell of nitro engines, but with brushless there is no tuning, no mess when your done, no field box, no fuel, no starter, ect. in my opinion it just easer and better. i have cars and trucks as well and same thing there, everytime you bring it out, the weather is different and you have to tune it. brushless, just put a battery in and go.
my new saying is "SICK OF NITRO - GO LIPO"
I will say tuning a plane is MUCH easer than tuning a car. you cant run a car up on a bench without a dyno, planes you can go full throttle and tune it by sound fairly easly, but all the other nitro stuff out weighs going brushless in my opinion

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Using companion to set things up.

Return to “openTx”