OpenTX 2.0.0

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
dinamich

Re: OpenTX 2.0.0

Post by dinamich »

You are wrong. This is current state of opentx repository:

Code: Select all

opentx/radio/src/translations$ file *.txt
cz.h.txt: UTF-8 Unicode English text, with very long lines
de.h.txt: UTF-8 Unicode English text, with very long lines
en.h.txt: UTF-8 Unicode English text, with very long lines
es.h.txt: UTF-8 Unicode English text, with very long lines
fi.h.txt: UTF-8 Unicode (with BOM) English text, with very long lines
fr.h.txt: UTF-8 Unicode (with BOM) English text, with very long lines
it.h.txt: UTF-8 Unicode English text, with very long lines, with CRLF line terminators
pl.h.txt: UTF-8 Unicode English text, with very long lines
pt.h.txt: UTF-8 Unicode English text, with very long lines, with CRLF, LF line terminators
se.h.txt: UTF-8 Unicode English text, with very long lines, with CRLF, LF line terminators
And special characters are used in those files for example from cz.h.txt:

Code: Select all

#define TR_VBEEPMODE           TR("Tichý""Alarm""BezKl""Vše\0", "Tichý\0    ""Jen alarm\0""Bez kláves""Vše\0      ")

#define LEN_VBEEPLEN           "\005"
#define TR_VBEEPLEN            "O====""=O===""==O==""===O=""====O"

#define LEN_VRENAVIG           "\003"
#define TR_VRENAVIG            "Ne REaREb"

#define LEN_VBLMODE            TR("\005", "\007")
#define TR_VBLMODE             TR("Vyp\0 ""Kláv.""Páky\0""Vše\0 ""Zap\0 ", "Vypnuto""Klávesy""Páky\0  ""Vše\0   
projectkk2glider@github

ReSt

Post by ReSt »

You are right, I'm wrong.
The txt file contains the special national characters that are translated to the \200 ... strings when they are in the .h file

Reinhard
Infinity

Post by Infinity »

openTX 2.0.3 (companion) overwrites settings made in Tx Custom Scripts menu when writing EEPROM from companion to Tx (see posting from Bob in RCgroups which I was able to verify: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost ... count=1797).

Btw. do I need to create a seperate login in case I want to create a new issue directly here: https://github.com/opentx/opentx/issues ... state=open
(my openRC login doesn't work here)
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Github has nothing to do with openrcforums indeed, separate accout needed.

There's already an issue open for that problem though:
https://github.com/opentx/opentx/issues/1334
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

6-21-2014 8-21-40 PM.jpg
6-21-2014 8-21-40 PM.jpg (9.34 KiB) Viewed 25164 times
I could use some help figuring out how to use this FAS offset to fine tune the MAH.

I'm using the FAS 150amp sensor between the battery and the ESC - so it's record should closely match the amount my charger puts back into the battery.

Case and point. I had a flight today that recorded 3150 mah used. charging up the batteries (they were fresh charged before the flight) they accepted 3477 mah. Cells averaged 3.75v after flight - but I don't think that's even relevant. The flight was 9 minutes 38 seconds.

Is there some formula I can use to figure out what value to use in the FAS offset so my mah report is (more) correct?(granted there will be some slop because this is not a closed system and the battery looses energy to heat...etc.)

nischris

Post by nischris »

bertrand35 wrote:That's said, I would be really happy if it was possible to reduce the memory footprint, any idea is welcome
I found this link today...
http://www.eluaproject.net/doc/v0.8/en_arch_ltr.html
They're talking about eLua, but perhaps there is an equivalent patch for regular Lua.
dinamich

Post by dinamich »

Scott Page wrote:
6-21-2014 8-21-40 PM.jpg
I could use some help figuring out how to use this FAS offset to fine tune the MAH.

I'm using the FAS 150amp sensor between the battery and the ESC - so it's record should closely match the amount my charger puts back into the battery.

Case and point. I had a flight today that recorded 3150 mah used. charging up the batteries (they were fresh charged before the flight) they accepted 3477 mah. Cells averaged 3.75v after flight - but I don't think that's even relevant. The flight was 9 minutes 38 seconds.

Is there some formula I can use to figure out what value to use in the FAS offset so my mah report is (more) correct?(granted there will be some slop because this is not a closed system and the battery looses energy to heat...etc.)

Scott, you got there 10% error. I would say it is in expected range. Remember there is also the charger error that can skew your results.

Nonetheless, you should be able to improve accuracy with ofset. I don't know from the top of my head if ofset is added or substracted from the measured value. But you can figure that by experiment.

The idea behind ofset setting was introduced because some sensors report little current even when no current is passing through them. It is not a scaler.
projectkk2glider@github
davx

Post by davx »

Scott Page wrote: Case and point. I had a flight today that recorded 3150 mah used. charging up the batteries (they were fresh charged before the flight) they accepted 3477 mah. Cells averaged 3.75v after flight - but I don't think that's even relevant. The flight was 9 minutes 38 seconds.
Hi,

Bear in mind that batteries are not a tank, they are chemistry !
You can't expect exact values, even between batteries of the same spec.
Then the charge process causes losses (heat...) as in any electrical application so, as dinamich wrote, what you get is already good ;)

Tchao
rmsingh

Re: OpenTX 2.0.0 Timer problem

Post by rmsingh »

I have this problem in 2.0.3. When timer2 Countdown is set to 'beeps' and 'minute call' is set. Taranis announces the 1 min, 30 sec and 10 sec by voice, but the last 10 secs is continually repeated (10 secs) instead of 'beeping' it down. This happens whether its programmed from Companion or from Taranis itself.
Is this a minor bug?
Taranis
OpenTX 2.0.4
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

In "Beeps" mode the files timer30.wav, timer20.wav and timer10.wav are played if present for 30 secs, 20 secs and each of the last 10 seconds respectively. If you want jsut beeps, delete those files from your sound pack.
HC1969

Post by HC1969 »

I do not understand why this error is not fixed yet?
This audio file to be the Timer1, then why can delete this?
No logical operation.
http://rc.emiter.hu/ (MegaSound 9X, GCL-2, FrSky-RSSI-DAC, etc.) Keress fel!
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

The new voice packs do not have those files anymore by default. But if people didn't update their voice packs, they'll still have them.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Is it not possible to count the seconds down from ten with voice?? I don't really understand why it can't do that :o
Or am I missing something? as usual..
João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Of course, with the "Voice" setting. But the OP has it set on "Beeps", so I suppose he actually didn't want a countdown.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

so, if he wants voice in the future, he will have to put the files back on the card i guess..
Can't that be fixed in software instead of people having to delete files?

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

No, voice is a choice in its own... do your homework ;)
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

dinamich wrote:
Scott Page wrote:
6-21-2014 8-21-40 PM.jpg

Scott, you got there 10% error. I would say it is in expected range. Remember there is also the charger error that can skew your results.

I agree that 10% is not a huge error. and it's difficult to say whether the difference is in the sensor OR the charger -- most likely both. One things' for sure - it's closer to actual consumption that numbers I'm getting from my Castle ICE ESC. The Castle is reporting consumption numbers approx. half of the actual :o . Perhaps the ESC is needing a firmware update.. I'll have to look into that.

It seems to me that I should be able to adjust the offset to bring my reported consumption into closer alignment with the charger - I guess I'll work on this experimentally. At least now I know I want to start thinking landing when I get a verbal cue that I've hit 3500mah rather than 4000mah.

Another idea :idea: that would be interesting would be to put both the 40 amp sensor and the 150 amp sensor in the same aircraft and alternate between them (using <40 amps) to see how they compare on their consumption reports as compared with the charger.

People tell me I'm OCD. Perhaps they are correct. :geek:
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Kilrah wrote:No, voice is a choice in its own... do your homework ;)
What does that have to do with homework? Normally you can choose between beeps and voice, right?
I don't understand why to have only beeps you have to remove voice files form the card.. that should not be necessary :)

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

Scott:
The 150 Amp sensor is the clamp type. An interesting test you can do is as follows.
You probably have a test meter that can read amps, but only up to around 10. Put this in the power wire to the ESC, along with the 150Amp sensor, BUT, wrap more than one turn of the wire through the 150 Amp sensor, say 5 if they will fit. Now if you run up to 10 Amps, which you can see on the test meter, the 150 Amp sensor should read 50 Amps (10 * number of turns). A useful test of it's accuracy.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

MikeB wrote:Scott:
The 150 Amp sensor is the clamp type. An interesting test you can do is as follows.
You probably have a test meter that can read amps, but only up to around 10. Put this in the power wire to the ESC, along with the 150Amp sensor, BUT, wrap more than one turn of the wire through the 150 Amp sensor, say 5 if they will fit. Now if you run up to 10 Amps, which you can see on the test meter, the 150 Amp sensor should read 50 Amps (10 * number of turns). A useful test of it's accuracy.

Mike.
Nice! You have a wealth of knowledge.
Maguro

Post by Maguro »

I converted to 2.03 from 1.52 and now get a strange audio warning "Mix Warning 1". I looked at the mixes, which seem OK. The model behaves exactly as I would expect. Can anyone tell me what I'm being warned about?
Maguro

Post by Maguro »

Another question. Prior to migrating to V2.03 I had my vario read out in metric units. It worked fine. When I set up Companion on V2.03 I chose Imperial units for a change. Now Rate-of-climb is announced in meters/second and altitude in feet. The Taranis was delivered at the end of December and the RF firmware has not been updated. The vario was updated to the latest firmware as was the receiver (X8R). Is this a known issue? Do I need to update the RF firmware?
bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

Which radio? Do you have the latest sound pack installed?
seagovernor

Post by seagovernor »

After update my Taranis radio with OpenTX 2.0.3
Servo page shoes now -512.0 --- 512.0 instead of -100.0 ---100.0.
Anyone noticed it?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

You likely selected the ppmus option, where settings are displayed in microseconds instead of %.
Maguro

Post by Maguro »

I have a Taranis with the latest Amber sound pack that I know of.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

The Amber pack has not been updated for 2.0 yet AFAIK.
seagovernor

Post by seagovernor »

Ah Ha
ppmus means ppm micro second.
Thanks Kilrah.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

That's it. As the tooltip says ;)
Attachments
Clipboard02.jpg
MicheleVilla

Post by MicheleVilla »

Hi
A member of my Forum has upgraded to OpenTx 2.0.5
Update procedure is completed regulary
when he choose "Exit" from boot menu Display show the splah screen , after turn off and message of shitch warning are played.Display remains Off
Only with a FW 2.0.2 or lower radio works ok
What do you suggest?

EDIT:
Solved
Wrong profile of radio (Taranis Plus instead of Taranis) was selected

In this case is possible, during the upgrade process, boot loader understand if the bin file is the right firmware for current radio type?
Last edited by MicheleVilla on Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “openTx”