OpenTX - Nightly builds for pre-2.0 testing

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
Kilrah

Re: OpenTX - Nightly builds for pre-2.0 testing

Post by Kilrah »

rdeanchurch wrote:ThrTrmUp Adjust GVARx Increment +1 does not work.
That will work on the radio but not in the simu. The firmware is looking for a keypress, but the simu has no trim keys.

Note that this will not autorepeat (i.e. you need to let go and repress the key every time you want to do +1) and WILL also adjust the trim at the same time.
Use Adjust GVAR Source TrmT for more "normal" behavior that autorepeats and doesn't touch trim.

rdeanchurch

Post by rdeanchurch »

Yes I knew this..my post was about Companion.
But I see you have a fix in github, Thank you.
Dean
OldDmbThms: 1. Takeoff, 2. Crash, 3. Repair, GOTO 1
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

April 7 Build. Sounds (.wav files) greater than 8 characters won't load in Special Functions in the TX.
bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

Kilrah wrote:
Scott Page wrote:Has it been reported that models backed up prior to installing 1.99 onto the SD card can't be loaded to a model using Restore Model?
It's normal, backup/restore can only work within a same eeprom version.
The automatic conversion system can only work on the entire eeprom contents, not on a single model (as there is currently no way to know the eeprom version of a single model to know if it needs conversion and if so how).
Yes the EEPROM version is stored! I will try to fix it today. Is there an issue created?
bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

Scott Page wrote:April 7 Build. Sounds (.wav files) greater than 8 characters won't load in Special Functions in the TX.
Right. We saved 2 chars per function in order to give to the user the possibility to have 64 special functions (instead of 32). A compromise ...

Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

bertrand35 wrote:
Kilrah wrote:
Scott Page wrote:Has it been reported that models backed up prior to installing 1.99 onto the SD card can't be loaded to a model using Restore Model?
It's normal, backup/restore can only work within a same eeprom version.
The automatic conversion system can only work on the entire eeprom contents, not on a single model (as there is currently no way to know the eeprom version of a single model to know if it needs conversion and if so how).
Yes the EEPROM version is stored! I will try to fix it today. Is there an issue created?
I'm not clear on a procedure for retrieving models backed (for storage) Then deleted from an active slot up on the SD card prior to updating to 1.99.
For example, I created a number of models to use as templates - backed them up and then deleted them from an active slot. Then when I want to set up a new model I simply choose restore model and most of the work is already done. I expect I should retrograde to an earlier version and load each of them into a model slot, and then do the up grade again so they are converted to work with new EEPROM ... then I can store them again and delete from active slots.
bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

Normally no, if the conversion is done right, your templates could remain as they are now, they will be converted each time you instantiate them. But if you want to use new features in your templates, then yes you should save them again in place of the previous ones.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

bertrand35 wrote:Is there an issue created?
Now there is!
mstrens

Post by mstrens »

Tested with April 8 build.
In companion9x, there is a strange behaviour about logical switch when simulatoris started from the list of models.
It took me some time to understand but I think that I can explain.

I define a logical switch with sticky , v1 = SAup, and v2 = SAdown and duration = 10.

When I open the simulator from model settings, the logical switch is ALWAYS on. This seems OK because SA is default on up.
Switch goes automatically off after 10 seconds.

Now when I open the simulator from the model list, the logical switch is NOT IMMEDIATELY ALWAYS on.
I think that the strange behaviour is that the first time I open the simulator, the logical switch is immediately on but it goes off after may be 1 or 2 sec. At this time, moving the sticks changes the X and Y values but not the bars. The output screen is in some way blocked. In fact, if I go to the tab "Taranis Simulator", I can see the message saying that "Trottle is not idle - Press any key to skip". If I press a key and go back to the tab Outputs, then the logical switch is on for 10 sec (the expected time) and moving the sticks changes the bars.

If, from the list of model, I do the following sequence : open simulation, go immediately to tab Output, wait that logical switch is off, close the simulator, open again the simulation, go immediately to tab Output, then is the logical switch NOT on for about 2 sec. It becomes on only after that I go to Taranis Simulator and press a key.
So the behaviour is different.

Another small issue is that setting the duration on a small value (e.g. 2 sec), it seems that sometime the logical switch remains on for more than 2 sec (may be 4 or 5 sec). Still I can reproduce this in all cases. Please note that I am working on Windows 7 (64). It could be that another task like a refresh of mail list is running in the background.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

There is a currently open issue for the simulator freezing for some time when loaded, and also sometimes freezing during use on Windows. That's where the nonresponding sticks and throttle warning that stays there when it shouldn't come from.

So basically all timings will be off if it freezes during your tests, testing that on the simu is useless at this point.

Test on the radio itself for now, or on a Linux machine where that problem isn't present.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Kilrah wrote:
rdeanchurch wrote:ThrTrmUp Adjust GVARx Increment +1 does not work.
That will work on the radio but not in the simu. The firmware is looking for a keypress, but the simu has no trim keys.
It now has, so this can now be simulated!
rdeanchurch

Post by rdeanchurch »

Kilrah wrote:...ThrTrmUp Adjust GVARx Increment ...
It now has, so this can now be simulated!
And it works very well, Thank you.
Dean
OldDmbThms: 1. Takeoff, 2. Crash, 3. Repair, GOTO 1
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

I'm just going to throw this out there. Some have been hesitant to try 1.99 because they are not sure if they can "go back" to version 2940. The answer is that yes you can use companion 1.52 to write flash memory 2940 back to the Taranis - however the EEPROM should be backed up before upgrading. When doing the upgrade the EEPROM is converted to a new format. It will not convert back -- so after writing 2940 ya have to write the EEPROM back on also.
mstrens

Post by mstrens »

It is possible to use some switch in order to trigger the Timer1 and Timer2.
The drop list to select a switch allows to select one of the 8 trim too.
If you select a trim, the timer is telling when the selected trim is pressed.

I just ask myself if this functionality is useful?
mstrens

Post by mstrens »

When you select a NOT switch (e.g. !SH^ ) for a timer, the "NOT" char is not displayed correctly on the main screen of taranis simulator (I did not test on Taranis Tx).
For Timer1, you get some thing like " iSH^".
For Timer2, you get the "!SH^" but the "!" is a little to low.

See attachment
Attachments
not switch.docx
(426.93 KiB) Downloaded 194 times
mstrens

Post by mstrens »

It is possible to select the source of the timer in a drop list.
The drop list contains twice all possible values (e.g. the value THR apears on top of the list and once more after CH32)
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

The trigger is a switch position, as such the list shown is the list of all switch positions. Whether it's useful or not isn't relevant. I do reproduce the upside down !, but no duplicate entries.
mstrens

Post by mstrens »

For Timer1 (and Timer2), when I activate the box "persistent" and that I set a time in the timer (e.g. 00:10), the timer
- start always at 0
- count down from 0 (-1, -2, -3,...)

So, all values are negative and defined time is not used.

Would it not be logical when to just count up starting from 0 (just the same as when time is set on 00:00)?
mstrens

Post by mstrens »

Kilrah wrote:I do reproduce the upside down !, but no duplicate entries.
It is very strange.
I am 100% sure I got a full duplicate list but currently I can't reproduce it.
When I got it, it was in the window Editing model, in the tab Setup.
Just after, I checked in the Taranis simulator and there were no duplicate entries in the list then.
Now, if I open again the tab Setup (in Editing model), there are no duplicate anymore.
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

I'm using most recent release dated 4/8/13
2014-04-08_13-22-51.png
[hr]
When in Companion I drug a model 2 (a template) to the empty model 4 slot.
2014-04-08_13-19-05.png
2014-04-08_13-19-05.png (18.53 KiB) Viewed 10443 times
[hr]

The inputs are not listed in the original model (model 2). The inputs are listed on the copy (model 3).
2014-04-08_13-19-41.png
2014-04-08_13-55-45.png
If found that if I create the model the inputs are not shown -- but once I make a copy of it the inputs are listed.

EDIT: Model 3 was originally the model I was using but I noticed the inputs were screwed, so corrected the inputs and made model 4)
Attachments
2014-04-08_13-19-54.png
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Not sure I unsderstand, but can you post the eeprom and exact way to reproduce from the time you open it?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

mstrens wrote:I set a time in the timer (e.g. 00:10), the timer
- start always at 0
You need to reset the timer first for your setting to take effect.
mstrens wrote:- count down from 0 (-1, -2, -3,...)
When set to 00:00 timer counts up, otherwise it counts down from the set value.
It's always been like this.
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

Notice in Model 2 it does not list the inputs -- it skips right from [I4] Weight --- but in Model 4 (and 3) it goes [I4} Ail Weight ...

When I create a new model or restore a model and then load it in Companion the input (in red above) is not listed. Once I copy the model to another slot the input is liste.

Is that more clear??
mstrens

Post by mstrens »

[quote="mstrens"]
But when you activate the option "Persistent", it count down from 0 and not from the set value.
[quote]
Persistent will not work from the simulator. As said earlier what you see or edit on the simulated LCD is lost when you close the simulator.
mstrens

Post by mstrens »

mstrens wrote:
Kilrah wrote:I do reproduce the upside down !, but no duplicate entries.
It is very strange.
I am 100% sure I got a full duplicate list but currently I can't reproduce it.
When I got it, it was in the window Editing model, in the tab Setup.
Just after, I checked in the Taranis simulator and there were no duplicate entries in the list then.
Now, if I open again the tab Setup (in Editing model), there are no duplicate anymore.
Here I get it once more.
I close companion9x.
I started it again.
I create a new model using the wizard (see the selected chanels in attachment).
I go to the drop list and I get duplicate entries (see attachment).
Attachments
duplicate entries.docx
(767.5 KiB) Downloaded 121 times
mstrens

Post by mstrens »

Scott Page wrote:Notice in Model 2 it does not list the inputs -- it skips right from [I4] Weight --- but in Model 4 (and 3) it goes [I4} Ail Weight ...

When I create a new model or restore a model and then load it in Companion the input (in red above) is not listed. Once I copy the model to another slot the input is liste.

Is that more clear??
That is strange because with the same release, creating a new model displays directly the input.
I presume the bug is related to the user preference in the general settings (in Stick mode and/or Channel Order).
Note : I am working with Mode 1 and TAER
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Scott Page wrote:Notice in Model 2 it does not list the inputs -- it skips right from [I4] Weight --- but in Model 4 (and 3) it goes [I4} Ail Weight ...
I get that, but can't reproduce. If I create an empty model it's got the names. If I copy it, the copy has the names too. So can you please still upload an eeprom where you can have that behavior and say what to do to see it?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

mstrens wrote: Here I get it once more.
I close companion9x.
I started it again.
I create a new model using the wizard (see the selected chanels in attachment).
I go to the drop list and I get duplicate entries (see attachment).
Same here, showing me the mixer screen is mostly useless as there's no way i can work out what you selected in the wizard to get to that. So please tell me what options you chose in the wizard for each step (no need for screenshots, quick words will do).
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

mstrens wrote: But when you activate the option "Persistent", it count down from 0 and not from the set value.
Persistent will not work from the simulator. As explained earlier what you see or edit on the simulated LCD is lost when you close the simulator. This includes the stored timer value.
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

Kilrah wrote:
I get that, but can't reproduce. If I create an empty model it's got the names. If I copy it, the copy has the names too. So can you please still upload an eeprom where you can have that behavior and say what to do to see it?

aHHH.. I figured out another piece to this puzzle. If I create the model in Companion it shows the inputs. If I create the model on the TX and then read into Companion then it doesn't show.
Attachments
130408 test TX.zip
(7.35 KiB) Downloaded 117 times

Return to “openTx”