OpenTX - Nightly builds for pre-2.0 testing

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
User avatar
ckleanth
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:19 pm
Country: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: OpenTX - Nightly builds for pre-2.0 testing

Post by ckleanth » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:08 pm

kilrah wrote:
ckleanth wrote: Personally I think all trims for FM1 to FM8 should default to FM0 trims
That's what they do?
kilrah wrote:
ckleanth wrote:and empty entries in flight modes that have "own value" and "0" should default to "flight mode 0"
Don't understand. Isn't that the opposite of what you say above?
No.. my proposal was to change current default settings in flight modes so that when a new model is created to preconfigure that all trims for FM1 to FM8 default to FM0 trims.
the second part was a conversion proposal from old to new eepe so that empty entries in flight modes that have "own value" and "0" to change theem to default to "flight mode 0"
Last edited by ckleanth on Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
If it has wings it will fly...

rdeanchurch
Posts: 496
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:22 pm
Country: -
Location: Rio Vista. CA

Re: OpenTX - Nightly builds for pre-2.0 testing

Post by rdeanchurch » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:19 am

OpnTXCmpn seems to change dates in the about Window.
Went from April 10 to April 12 then back to April 10th.
Is this significant?
Dean
OldDmbThms: 1. Takeoff, 2. Crash, 3. Repair, GOTO 1

User avatar
Kilrah
Posts: 8970
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:56 pm
Country: United Arab Emirates

Re: OpenTX - Nightly builds for pre-2.0 testing

Post by Kilrah » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:58 am

ckleanth wrote: No.. my proposal was to change current default settings in flight modes so that when a new model is created to preconfigure that all trims for FM1 to FM8 default to FM0 trims.
OK. Then that's indeed how it is already!
ckleanth wrote: the second part was a conversion proposal from old to new eepe so that empty entries in flight modes that have "own value" and "0" to change theem to default to "flight mode 0"
That why not

bertrand35
9x Developer
Posts: 2764
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:11 pm
Country: -

Re: OpenTX - Nightly builds for pre-2.0 testing

Post by bertrand35 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:43 am

I will take the conversion proposal

User avatar
Scott Page
Posts: 864
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:32 am
Country: -
Location: Tri-Cities, Washington State

Re: OpenTX - Nightly builds for pre-2.0 testing

Post by Scott Page » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:10 pm

In the Radio Setup files the default time for the Backlight to be on with Switches, Controls, or Both is 0 seconds. This gives the impression that those controls don't work. I suggest changing the default time to something like 10 seconds.


User avatar
Scott Page
Posts: 864
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:32 am
Country: -
Location: Tri-Cities, Washington State

Re: OpenTX - Nightly builds for pre-2.0 testing

Post by Scott Page » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:40 pm

Today's build is not recognizing input from the right stick in mode 2. I've uses different models and it's always the right stick - aileron - Elevator. I can burn back to April 10 and every thing works fine, but today not so.

Edit: I changed to Mode 1 and horizontal on right stick and vertical on left stick don't work. So this seems to be an elevator/aileron issue.

Edit: I made a new model from scratch in the Tx with nothing changed -- default as it was created. Still have the exact same issue.

Edit: Once again switched firmware back to April 10 and things work as they should.

EDIT: The screen showing the sticks movement (press page once) shows the sticks moving. The Channel monitor does not show movement. The receiver is not receiving those channels either. Also I see the logical switch indicator screen (two page presses) are all boxes.

rdeanchurch
Posts: 496
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:22 pm
Country: -
Location: Rio Vista. CA

Re: OpenTX - Nightly builds for pre-2.0 testing

Post by rdeanchurch » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:10 am

Scott Page wrote:Today's build is not recognizing input from the right stick in mode 2. I've uses different models and it's always the right stick - aileron - Elevator. I can burn back to April 10 and every thing works fine, but today not so.

Edit: I changed to Mode 1 and horizontal on right stick and vertical on left stick don't work. So this seems to be an elevator/aileron issue.

Edit: I made a new model from scratch in the Tx with nothing changed -- default as it was created. Still have the exact same issue.

Edit: Once again switched firmware back to April 10 and things work as they should.

EDIT: The screen showing the sticks movement (press page once) shows the sticks moving. The Channel monitor does not show movement. The receiver is not receiving those channels either. Also I see the logical switch indicator screen (two page presses) are all boxes.

This problem remains in 16Apr Companion. I use TREA mode2.
Dean
OldDmbThms: 1. Takeoff, 2. Crash, 3. Repair, GOTO 1

User avatar
Kilrah
Posts: 8970
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:56 pm
Country: United Arab Emirates

Re: OpenTX - Nightly builds for pre-2.0 testing

Post by Kilrah » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:51 am

Yep, bug introduced by trying to fix the heli page.

bertrand35
9x Developer
Posts: 2764
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:11 pm
Country: -

Re: OpenTX - Nightly builds for pre-2.0 testing

Post by bertrand35 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:55 am

It's just fixed. We launch a manual compilation on firmwares + companion

Thorvald
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:06 pm
Country: -

Re: OpenTX - Nightly builds for pre-2.0 testing

Post by Thorvald » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:51 am

Wow guys great progress and thanks Bertrand for the Blades changes. I'll done some testing with an Electric setup using pole count and see how she works.

---

With regards to the model notes, does it currently display the note before enabling the Tx section?

I'd like to use it for any models that use external modules, especially the new EzUHF unit, to remind the user to "Put the external antenna on" before the module is powered up and possibly damaged without a load.

Thanks
Tim

User avatar
Kilrah
Posts: 8970
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:56 pm
Country: United Arab Emirates

Re: OpenTX - Nightly builds for pre-2.0 testing

Post by Kilrah » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:01 pm

No, the notes are "non-blocking", i.e. they don't prevent the TX from starting.

Thorvald
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:06 pm
Country: -

Re: OpenTX - Nightly builds for pre-2.0 testing

Post by Thorvald » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:02 pm

Hmm, sounds like a feature request for a later minor update, checkbox to be blocking or not.

irun4fundotca
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 1:27 am
Country: -

Re: OpenTX - Nightly builds for pre-2.0 testing

Post by irun4fundotca » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:03 am

Everything seems to be working fine for me so far great work!!
I've been doing the nightly builds since day two
had a few different things happen concerning drivers that was due to my brushless gimbal and ftdi adapter
had the right stick issue too, until I noticed the "i" inverted on the source and modified it back to normal sources
tuned my models up lastnight good and tested my kk2 quad around some without issues, using my orangerx tx module and lemmonrx sat
also confirmed working with my orangelrs(NG) 100mw module and rx great

User avatar
Scott Page
Posts: 864
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:32 am
Country: -
Location: Tri-Cities, Washington State

Re: OpenTX - Nightly builds for pre-2.0 testing

Post by Scott Page » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:26 am

Ok, I'm officially dumb. I just figured out that the screen displaying the custom switch status is a series of boxes as a feature, not a bug. It's because with the increase of switches there is not sufficient resolution to put the switch numbers/letters - so rather the box will have an X in it when the box is "true".

DUH! and for days I've been wondering why that was not "fixed".

bertrand35
9x Developer
Posts: 2764
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:11 pm
Country: -

Re: OpenTX - Nightly builds for pre-2.0 testing

Post by bertrand35 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:00 am

lol, the reason for the checkboxes comes from there:
https://github.com/opentx/opentx/issues/939
we renamed the logical switches 1->W (1 char) to 1->32 (2 chars) and 2 chars were too difficult to display in this little square
thinking further ... perhaps we could avoid to display a square for a non configured switch?

bertrand35
9x Developer
Posts: 2764
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:11 pm
Country: -

Re: OpenTX - Nightly builds for pre-2.0 testing

Post by bertrand35 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:58 pm

Don't forget to download the latest sound packs, I included their generation in the nightly builds, so they will be in the same directory.

User avatar
Kilrah
Posts: 8970
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:56 pm
Country: United Arab Emirates

Re: OpenTX - Nightly builds for pre-2.0 testing

Post by Kilrah » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:06 pm

And note that from the latest build that is on the server your current 1.99 eeprom will be kinda broken (telemetry settings below A2 have been shifted), you should start from the 2940 backup again.

User avatar
mhotar
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed May 16, 2012 9:57 pm
Country: -
Location: Jemnice, Vysocina

Re: OpenTX - Nightly builds for pre-2.0 testing

Post by mhotar » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:09 pm

bertrand35 wrote:lol, the reason for the checkboxes comes from there:
https://github.com/opentx/opentx/issues/939
we renamed the logical switches 1->W (1 char) to 1->32 (2 chars) and 2 chars were too difficult to display in this little square
thinking further ... perhaps we could avoid to display a square for a non configured switch?
I would see it somehow like this:
snapshot_05.png
snapshot_05.png (3.37 KiB) Viewed 1125 times

User avatar
Scott Page
Posts: 864
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:32 am
Country: -
Location: Tri-Cities, Washington State

Re: OpenTX - Nightly builds for pre-2.0 testing

Post by Scott Page » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:20 am

mhotar wrote:
bertrand35 wrote:lol, the reason for the checkboxes comes from there:
https://github.com/opentx/opentx/issues/939
we renamed the logical switches 1->W (1 char) to 1->32 (2 chars) and 2 chars were too difficult to display in this little square
thinking further ... perhaps we could avoid to display a square for a non configured switch?
I would see it somehow like this:
snapshot_05.png


Nice -- line if there is no condition to satisfy, box if there is a false condition and filled box if there is a true condition. Very good.

mstrens
Posts: 1055
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:49 pm
Country: -

Re: OpenTX - Nightly builds for pre-2.0 testing

Post by mstrens » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:49 am

mhotar wrote:
bertrand35 wrote:lol, the reason for the checkboxes comes from there:
https://github.com/opentx/opentx/issues/939
we renamed the logical switches 1->W (1 char) to 1->32 (2 chars) and 2 chars were too difficult to display in this little square
thinking further ... perhaps we could avoid to display a square for a non configured switch?
I would see it somehow like this:
snapshot_05.png
Nice, but I would prefer having LS1, LS11, LS21 and LS31 the the most left position.
So first row would contain LS1 ... LS10, second row LS11...LS20, third row LS21...LS30 and forth row LS31_LS32.
It means that "LS1.." (on the first row, left) and ".32" (on the last row, right) would have to be removed.

I presume that the users will fast know that it concerns logical switches even if text "LS" is not displayed.

bertrand35
9x Developer
Posts: 2764
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:11 pm
Country: -

Re: OpenTX - Nightly builds for pre-2.0 testing

Post by bertrand35 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:00 am

mstrens wrote:Nice, but I would prefer having LS1, LS11, LS21 and LS31 the the most left position.
So first row would contain LS1 ... LS10, second row LS11...LS20, third row LS21...LS30 and forth row LS31_LS32.
It means that "LS1.." (on the first row, left) and ".32" (on the last row, right) would have to be removed.

I presume that the users will fast know that it concerns logical switches even if text "LS" is not displayed.
Thanks Martin, I also like the idea! I do agree with Michel though

User avatar
mhotar
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed May 16, 2012 9:57 pm
Country: -
Location: Jemnice, Vysocina

Re: OpenTX - Nightly builds for pre-2.0 testing

Post by mhotar » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:57 am

I see, But I am not giving up on description text :)
snapshot_05.png
snapshot_05.png (3.33 KiB) Viewed 1129 times

User avatar
Kilrah
Posts: 8970
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:56 pm
Country: United Arab Emirates

Re: OpenTX - Nightly builds for pre-2.0 testing

Post by Kilrah » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:04 am

We could also use both sides, physical switches are on all other pages. Might allow for labels for everthing.

bertrand35
9x Developer
Posts: 2764
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:11 pm
Country: -

Re: OpenTX - Nightly builds for pre-2.0 testing

Post by bertrand35 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:29 am

This one is nice Martin!

User avatar
mhotar
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed May 16, 2012 9:57 pm
Country: -
Location: Jemnice, Vysocina

Re: OpenTX - Nightly builds for pre-2.0 testing

Post by mhotar » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:40 am

Here is font_05x07_extra.png for it.
Attachments
font_05x07_extra.png
font_05x07_extra.png (192 Bytes) Viewed 1096 times

bertrand35
9x Developer
Posts: 2764
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:11 pm
Country: -

Re: OpenTX - Nightly builds for pre-2.0 testing

Post by bertrand35 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:58 am

I implemented it using lcd_rect / lcd_filled_rect / lcd_line

markran
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:59 pm
Country: -

Re: OpenTX - Nightly builds for pre-2.0 testing

Post by markran » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:19 am

Quick question: I read that the data structures are still potentially changing, thus meaning all testers will have to revert to previous saves when the data structures are finalized. I'm wondering if there will be a point prior to release of 2.00 that the data structures will be considered locked (short of an unforeseen catastrophe)? I'm willing to test a new version but don't want to lose all the setting changes I make when testing (I"m okay with a 95% confidence).

Yes, this makes me a lazy tester but there may be a lot of us lazy testers.

User avatar
Kilrah
Posts: 8970
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:56 pm
Country: United Arab Emirates

Re: OpenTX - Nightly builds for pre-2.0 testing

Post by Kilrah » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:27 am

There is no more change we know we need to do since the change from 2 days ago.
But there will still be no guarantee until the official release.

bertrand35
9x Developer
Posts: 2764
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:11 pm
Country: -

Re: OpenTX - Nightly builds for pre-2.0 testing

Post by bertrand35 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:21 am

Right. No guarantee. 95% confidence though!

User avatar
Scott Page
Posts: 864
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:32 am
Country: -
Location: Tri-Cities, Washington State

Re: OpenTX - Nightly builds for pre-2.0 testing

Post by Scott Page » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:48 am

Apology. I need some instruction of how to calibrate the 6 pos rotating switch.

Post Reply

Return to “openTx”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests