OpenTX - Nightly builds for pre-2.0 testing

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
MikeB
9x Developer

Re: OpenTX - Nightly builds for pre-2.0 testing

Post by MikeB »

If you flashed ersky9x for Taranis first, you will have my original bootloader. This uses the "Firmware" directory.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

I posted this in RCG but will here as well. I audited the sound packs against the original sound pack and also the popular "Amber" sound pack.

The following were added to 2.0

0110.wav = "and"
0139.wav = "foot"
0141.wav = "mile per hour"
0142.wav = "miles per hour"
a3_org.wav = "A3 Low"
a3_red.wav = "A3 Critical"
a4_org.wav = "A4 Low"
a4_red.wav = "A4 Critical"
eebad.wav = "Bad eeprom" (missing in Amber pack)
rx_org.wav = Reciever battery low
rx_red.wav = Receiver battery critical
timerlt3.wav = "Time up" (missing in Amber Pack)

To spell this out a little bit more - (for readers not developers) if you update to 2.0 but don't update your sounds as well, those are the sounds you will be missing.
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

This came to me via PM. I read through it and I agree with him -- I believe it merits consideration.

Quote>>>>>
1. The logic of SP Page looping in one direction and LP Page looping in the reverse direction within a given menu group doesn’t work from within the Main Screens group. The SP Page rotates one way, but the LP Page exits Main Screens and enters Telemetry View. This is inconsistent use of the LP Page command. It shouldn’t be used as a “rotate backward” command one time and a “Exit to Another Menu” command another time. Confusing for us folks with arthritic linear thought processes.

2. The entry into the Telemetry View actually enters at the last item viewed instead of entering at a fixed starting point. That’s not necessarily a bad thing, but it’s not done that way in the other menu entries. I personally find it helpful to know where I’ve landed if I always see the same starting place when I enter a new menu. The other menus all have a fixed starting place but the Telemetry View doesn’t.
<<<<end quote
lexm

Post by lexm »

You're kidding - right.

Great idea. Lets change something that's been in use since the start and really confuse everyone.
That's already happened with the one/two trim business. There's now two different procedures in use to really confuse the users.

Let's restrict requests for changes to real problems and bugs. Not just "I don't like that".
Scott Page wrote:This came to me via PM. I read through it and I agree with him -- I believe it merits consideration.

Quote>>>>>
1. The logic of SP Page looping in one direction and LP Page looping in the reverse direction within a given menu group doesn’t work from within the Main Screens group. The SP Page rotates one way, but the LP Page exits Main Screens and enters Telemetry View. This is inconsistent use of the LP Page command. It shouldn’t be used as a “rotate backward” command one time and a “Exit to Another Menu” command another time. Confusing for us folks with arthritic linear thought processes.

2. The entry into the Telemetry View actually enters at the last item viewed instead of entering at a fixed starting point. That’s not necessarily a bad thing, but it’s not done that way in the other menu entries. I personally find it helpful to know where I’ve landed if I always see the same starting place when I enter a new menu. The other menus all have a fixed starting place but the Telemetry View doesn’t.
<<<<end quote
jtaylor

Post by jtaylor »

I (almost) always want to go to the view I have set up when I enter telemetry view. Why in the world would I want to enter at a fixed location and have to page through screens I don't want to get to the one I set up. And if "That's not necessarily a bad thing" why even bring it up and suggest something that is.

As to 1., I agree with the other persons comment. It works, why create confusion by changing something everybody already knows how to do. There are only so many buttons so multiple use seems a necessity. And before somebody suggests it, moving it to a selection in a long press context menu would require many more keystrokes and much more effort then pressing one key.

How hard is it to remember what the keys do. I'm old and even I can figure it out after a couple of tries. The answer is fly more, it becomes second nature.

Jim
Scott Page wrote:This came to me via PM. I read through it and I agree with him -- I believe it merits consideration.

Quote>>>>>

<<<<end quote

fe3

Post by fe3 »

Windows 7 OpenTX 2.01 still getting "Cannot write destination" when writing eepromt to TX. Will read OK Is it writing to the SD card or processor trying to figure if it is an SD card problem.
rdeanchurch

Post by rdeanchurch »

EEPROM is a type of memory connected to the tx processor, not related to SD card.
Dean
OldDmbThms: 1. Takeoff, 2. Crash, 3. Repair, GOTO 1
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

lexm wrote:You're kidding - right.

Great idea. Lets change something that's been in use since the start and really confuse everyone.
That's already happened with the one/two trim business. There's now two different procedures in use to really confuse the users.

Let's restrict requests for changes to real problems and bugs. Not just "I don't like that".
I agree with you.
After being given more understanding the poster has since rescinded his suggestions. It was a matter of education. I needed to be educated about what his point was (I missed it) and then he needed to be educated why this was not well considered.
lexm

Post by lexm »

I seem to have a problem with haptic repeat in special functions. If i set a repeat rate in companion and transfer to the radio, the repeat rate gets lost. If I set it in the radio and transfer to companion it gets lost.

Anyone else seen this?

(Vers 2.0.1)
guttedgeek

Post by guttedgeek »

lexm wrote:I seem to have a problem with haptic repeat in special functions. If i set a repeat rate in companion and transfer to the radio, the repeat rate gets lost. If I set it in the radio and transfer to companion it gets lost.

Anyone else seen this?

(Vers 2.0.1)
Yes. Noticed that behaviour in 1.99.1 back in May. Best to raise an issue: easily missed in here ;)
dinamich

Post by dinamich »

projectkk2glider@github
lexm

Post by lexm »

dinamich wrote:Already reported https://github.com/opentx/opentx/issues/1219
These guys are Quick!!!!!! Make a donation everyone.
ReSt

Post by ReSt »

I don't know if it has been reported earlier, but here it is.
OpenTX 2.0.1

strange reaction of timer1 on a standard 9x radio with M128

Setup a new model
Setup Timer1 for TH% and T-Source = Thr
Timer1 speed is according to position of throttle.

This is ok.

Now change T-Source to P3

Timer1 runs at full speed, independent of the position of P3

not ok

Set P3 to a middle Position
Power off and on the radio

You get a throttle warning even with throttle stick low

Turn P3 to low and the warning is gone.

not ok

Reinhard
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

ReSt wrote:
Set P3 to a middle Position
Power off and on the radio

You get a throttle warning even with throttle stick low

Turn P3 to low and the warning is gone.

not ok
Reinhard, I think this one is ok?
By changing the THR source to P3 you are telling the radio that throttle is on P3 and not on Throttle stick anymore. Therefore you get the alarm on P3. I think it is correct?? Or didn't I understand something, as usual? :lol:
Do you also get an alarm with P3 down and thr stick up when turning the radio on? with the source set to P3 of course..
João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
ReSt

Post by ReSt »

Not so clear.

You only set the source of the timer to P3.

Throttle remains on throttle stick

Reinhard
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

Hmm, I don't think so, maybe someone from the opentx team will confirm what is the expected behavior ;)

I think the Throttle should move to P3 so we could use the Thr stick on something else like flaps or spoiler, and the motor will be on a pot.. I think that is the idea.

João

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
dvogonen

Post by dvogonen »

This is cut from the OpenTX manual:
"Throttle source defines what triggers the THx functions of the timers. It's common to set it to the throttle channel instead of the stick, so that throttle cut or other modifiers are taken into account."
So yes, it would seem that Reinhard's observations are correct, at least as to the timer start. The timer should not start of p3 is set to -100. I just reproduced the behavior using the THt trigger. It is definitely controlled by the throttle stick, regardless of what I set as throttle source.
It is not clear from the manual if changing Throttle source is intended to affect also the warnings.

I have posted an issue report here: https://github.com/opentx/opentx/issues/1235
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

I think it should.. for the reason I said above. People might want to use a pot as throttle and not the stick. . So, defining where the throttle is would make it safer.
Just my 2c anyway.

João

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
ReSt

Post by ReSt »

Up to now, I saw this function always as the possibility of a different input for the timer (and only the timer) to get the timer running with a percentage, the same as Th% does.

I compared it with OpenTx r2942 and there it works as I was used to.
If you set the timer1 to Th% and T-Source to a pot, the speed of the timer depends on the position of the pot. The throttle channel is totally untouched.

btw, the T-Source is also the source for the throttle grafik of the statistic screen and on r2942, it follows the position of the pot (if T-source is a pot)

In 2.0.1 the grafik only displays constant 100% if T-source is a pot.

Reinhard
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

jhsa is right. Throttle warning was recently changed so that it followed the Throttle Source setting, for people who use a pot or slider as their throttle control (mostly glider pilots).
So the only bug is that Thr% does not follow the source, works fine on Taranis but it's broken on stock indeed.
ReSt

Post by ReSt »

So you say that in Taranis, the T-source, when using a pot, really replaces the throttle stick ??

As I don't have a Taranis, should I understand that :? :?

Reinhard
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

When you choose a pot as T-source it's considered you want to use said pot as throttle control, yes. On all platforms.
ReSt

Post by ReSt »

Thanks for the clarification :idea:

Reinhard
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

And that is as it should be.. Throttle is throttle wherever it is. On a glider I understand that the throttle could be on a slider or a pot.

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
Flaps 30

Post by Flaps 30 »

jhsa wrote:On a glider I understand that the throttle could be on a slider or a pot.
Or in some cases the throttle stick becomes a control for crow/flaps whilst the motor (if fitted) is controlled by a switch.
ReSt

Post by ReSt »

Kilrah wrote:When you choose a pot as T-source it's considered you want to use said pot as throttle control, yes. On all platforms.
As this also triggers the "Throttle warning" display at power on, the "Throttle not idle" message should be completed with the reason, which analog input gives the error eg:
"Throttle (P3) not idle"

Reinhard
bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

This one is fixed.
ReSt

Post by ReSt »

Thanks

Reinhard
WolstonFlyer

Post by WolstonFlyer »

Hi, I am new here (and loving the Taranis), does anybody know if 'Amber' is recording the missing sounds?

Scott Page wrote:I posted this in RCG but will here as well. I audited the sound packs against the original sound pack and also the popular "Amber" sound pack.

The following were added to 2.0
0110.wav = "and"
0139.wav = "foot"
0141.wav = "mile per hour"
0142.wav = "miles per hour"
a3_org.wav = "A3 Low"
a3_red.wav = "A3 Critical"
a4_org.wav = "A4 Low"
a4_red.wav = "A4 Critical"
eebad.wav = "Bad eeprom" (missing in Amber pack)
rx_org.wav = Reciever battery low
rx_red.wav = Receiver battery critical
timerlt3.wav = "Time up" (missing in Amber Pack)

To spell this out a little bit more - (for readers not developers) if you update to 2.0 but don't update your sounds as well, those are the sounds you will be missing.
erieqc

Post by erieqc »

Go over here to get your answer to Amber these guys have nothing to do with that.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthre ... 65&page=73

Return to “openTx”