OpenTX - Nightly builds for pre-2.0 testing

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
Scott Page

Re: OpenTX - Nightly builds for pre-2.0 testing

Post by Scott Page »

Daniel I'm apologize for not being in the house to answer your questions. You got substantially more qualified folks helping you however. I've had a more than busy week taking my youngest off to college (850 mile drive) and my wife had complete knee replacement surgery and I'm now her very exhausted 24/7 nurse as she recovers.
Be sure to click on the thumbs up for Kilrah and MikeB for giving assistance.

HC1969

Post by HC1969 »

Kilrah wrote:Done
Thank you very much! :D
http://rc.emiter.hu/ (MegaSound 9X, GCL-2, FrSky-RSSI-DAC, etc.) Keress fel!
HC1969

Post by HC1969 »

What does the "Play Delay (sw. mid pos)" in radio options?
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

HC1969 wrote:What does the "Play Delay (sw. mid pos)" in radio options?
It gives you time to switch from the down position to up (or opposite) and not have the middle position play. The number is how much time you can "loiter" in the center position before the mid position will play.
HC1969

Post by HC1969 »

The bootloader will be time for the update internal XJT module?

MikeB
9x Developer

Post by MikeB »

There isn't space in the bootloader to add SPort device updating. In any case, I don't think that would be the correct place for it.
I am working on the functionality, initially in ersky9x.
In ersky9x, I have a "maintenance mode" currently used to update the bootloader (and the co-processor on the original SKY boards). I'm trying to find time to add the SPort update function. This is intended to be able to update the internal XJT module and also any SPort device connected to the external module bay pins.

Mike.
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!
Infinity

different behaviour of TRAINER functionality openTX 2.x

Post by Infinity »

When I got my Taranis last year, I configured it the way that when I use it as trainer TX that the trainer port was activated (student Tx got control) when I pulled SH and deactivated it (got control back to trainer Tx) by a tiny movement of my aileron or elevation stick. The advantage of this method was that there was no need to hold and release a switch or toggle a switch to gain back control on trainer Tx as this was intuitivly done by using the elevation or aileron stick whenever students art to fly asked for help. This worked this way as long as I used openTx 1.x

It's implemented this way:
A small movement on trainer Tx stick (elevation or aileron)
01.png
01.png (3.29 KiB) Viewed 24433 times

disabled control via student Tx by setting back GV1 to 0.
02.png

A movement on student TX (elevation or aileron) had no influence on trainer Tx enable/disable functionality described above.
03.png
03.png (7.82 KiB) Viewed 24433 times

Since I moved to openTX 2.x, a small movement on student TX (elevation or aileron) will immediately disable student Tx control - why? - wasn't the case before and is not a wanted behaviour - at least not from my side :D .
First I thought that was caused by using Höh and Que for L7 and L8 and as openTX 2.x introduced Ele, Ail, etc. I thought I need to change it to Ele and Ail, but the behavior was the same.

Tested that with openTX 2.0.6 and 2.0.7. Both versions do show the described behavior.

What do I need to do now with openTX 2.x to get back the same functionality like I had with openTX 1.x ?

Any ideas are very welcome!
Or do I have discovered a bug?

Thanks!
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

The bug was rather in the old version. As the trainer function completely replaces the radio's own sticks by the trainer's ones when active, the current behavior is how it should be.
You might want to skip using the trainer function and use the TRx mixer sources instead.

Sent via mobile
Infinity

Post by Infinity »

I see, it now needs a per modell based implementation via mixers and a deactiviation of the general settings. Thanks for your feedback!
fe3

Post by fe3 »

Is it possible to change to knots instead of miles per hour for airspeed in the imperial system.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

No, not at this point at least.
With a Lua script though...

Sent via mobile
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Just returned from a months holiday, I tried to flash my TX to the latest OpenTx version 2.0.8 and Flashing from OpenTx (using the big flame icon)
This however again crashed my TX and neither writing or restoring the EEPROM could fix this
I then resorted to re flashing back to version 2.0.5, by first disconnecting the battery and then using DfuSe Demonstration utility and writing the opentx-taranis-en-2.0.5.dfu
This appears to have worked O.K. and I am glad my Taranis is functional again.
Am I the only only experiencing this?
Will there be a opentx-taranis-en-2.0.8.dfu and later versions made available, for those of us who for what ever reasons have difficulties with the regular update file formats?
I use Windows XP, my Taranis is the original model which I later re flashed to version B
Many Thanks
Daniel
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

No, because once you've successfully flashed the 2.0.5 dfu you can use the other methods, either by entering bootloader mode and flashing with the burn icon or copying the firmware file to the SD card and flashing on the radio itself.
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

Daniel wrote:Just returned from a months holiday, I tried to flash my TX to the latest OpenTx version 2.0.8 and Flashing from OpenTx (using the big flame icon)
This however again crashed my TX and neither writing or restoring the EEPROM could fix this
I then resorted to re flashing back to version 2.0.5, by first disconnecting the battery and then using DfuSe Demonstration utility and writing the opentx-taranis-en-2.0.5.dfu
This appears to have worked O.K. and I am glad my Taranis is functional again.
Am I the only only experiencing this?
Will there be a opentx-taranis-en-2.0.8.dfu and later versions made available, for those of us who for what ever reasons have difficulties with the regular update file formats?
I use Windows XP, my Taranis is the original model which I later re flashed to version B
Many Thanks
Daniel

Big Flame Icon?? Unless you changed the Companion Theme to Classic it sounds like you have an old version of Companion9x. That won't work with 2.0.x. You need to use OpenTX Companion 2.0.8 (current version). Download from : http://www.open-tx.org/downloads.html
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

It is version 2.0.8 and the big flame (and small flame) icons still exists regardless which theme or size I select
dvogonen

Re: Sv: OpenTX - Nightly builds for pre-2.0 testing

Post by dvogonen »

That is not how it is supposed to work. If you select the default theme the icons should be yellowish and the flame should be replaced by icons with images of transmitters.
You have to restart Companion after selecting theme or theme size.

But the really interesting thing is naturally that the flashing with 2.0.8 crashed your TX. In which way was it crashed? Did the boot loader work?
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

YES I do restart to see changes and YES in the help the Open Tx version is 2.0.8 and YES I did load the Taranis firmware, I do use windows XP and that may change the way the Icons appear.
What happens after firmware; "Write to TX", the boot loader screen goes dark after either "EXIT" (or "Write Firmware") and after turning the Taranis off and on, the screen does not light up at all, I can hear the welcome greeting and when I change flight modes I hear the sounds, so the Taranis probably will still operate the last chosen model but the screen is dead
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

maybe the contrast has changed.. does the backlight turn on?
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

Daniel wrote:YES I do restart to see changes and YES in the help the Open Tx version is 2.0.8 and YES I did load the Taranis firmware, I do use windows XP and that may change the way the Icons appear.
What happens after firmware; "Write to TX", the boot loader screen goes dark after either "EXIT" (or "Write Firmware") and after turning the Taranis off and on, the screen does not light up at all, I can hear the welcome greeting and when I change flight modes I hear the sounds, so the Taranis probably will still operate the last chosen model but the screen is dead
If you're willing to allow the assist - I'll set up so I can see your computer screen and look to see if I see anything amiss. I've done this for many folks - several with similar issues and it's worked very well. If you'd like to try this email me @ [email protected] and you'll either have another witness to the problems, or we'll solve the problems.
Kilrah

Re: Re : OpenTX - Nightly builds for pre-2.0 testing

Post by Kilrah »

Daniel wrote:the boot loader screen goes dark after either "EXIT" (or "Write Firmware")
When the radio is in bootloader mode and the USB cable is plugged you should only have "usb connected" on the screen, the menu entries should not be there. If that doesn't happen then there's likely a problem with the connection (bad cable, broken usb port,...)

Sent via mobile
bobnj

OpenTX - Nightly builds for pre-2.0 testing

Post by bobnj »

I'm thinking about updating one of my two Tarani to 2.08

Is there a reason the file is not listed here --> http://www.open-tx.org/downloads.html#Releases-ref
I understand to use Companion, but the site leads you to believe the file should be there.

Thanks
Bob
dvogonen

Post by dvogonen »

OpenTX firmware files are not available via download links. You use Companion to download firmware.
2.0.8 is the current version and is what will be downloaded right now.
bobnj

Post by bobnj »

Got it.

How would you go to a previous version if you wanted to?

Thanks
Bob
Helle

Post by Helle »

Hy,

for Companion:
here are alle Companion versions to find for Win, Mac, Linux
be carefull and select the right one
http://downloads-20.open-tx.org/companion/

for opentx:
here are all opentx versions with diff options for Taranis, Tarains-Plus, Th9x, 9XR, 9XR-Pro
be very carefull and select the right one, select Date, Version, Options
http://downloads-20.open-tx.org/firmwar ... s/?C=M;O=A

Helle
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

You can get older companion versions from http://downloads-20.open-tx.org/companion/ , but getting older firmware versions is not possible.
jhsa

Post by jhsa »

If you find the file on your computer after companion downloaded it? you can save that or not? then just copy it to the SD Card and you can flash it from within the tx, right?

João
My er9x/Ersky9x/eepskye Video Tutorials
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5uJhoD7sAKidZmkhMpYpp_qcuIqJXhb9

Donate to Er9x/Ersky9x:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YHX43JR3J7XGW
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Of course you can keep and reuse files you previously downloaded. You just can't download them again.

Return to “openTx”