openTX-r2491

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
bertrand35
9x Developer

openTX-r2491

Post by bertrand35 »

Here is the changelog:

[all]
- PlaySound has now a repeat argument
- FAI mode added
- The delays apply now also to 3POS switch!
- RSSI alarms default thresholds now 45 / 42

[stock]
- Flash savings
- Vario sink tones removed
- System prompts renumbered (more in one of the next posts)

[sky9x]
- Audio Mixer

[FrSky Taranis]
- Audio Mixer
- Many fixes

---

Previous announcement: openTX-r413

Bertrand.

G550Ted

Re: openTX-r2491

Post by G550Ted »

Bertrand,

Do you know what FW version was flashed by FrSky in the first batch of radios?

Thanx,

Ted
bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

I will tell you as soon as I know. We have committed some last minute corrections. Nothing major, but I hope they will be included!
bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

New system prompts:

480: Welcome to open tee ex!"
481: throttle warning
482: switch warning
483: bad eeprom
485: transmitter battery low
486: inactivity alarm
495: trim center
500: twenty seconds
501: thirty seconds
G550Ted

Post by G550Ted »

bertrand35 wrote:I will tell you as soon as I know. We have committed some last minute corrections. Nothing major, but I hope they will be included!
All well and good except I managed to cop one of the first available from Aloft so the firmware had to be burned by FrSky sometime before 17 June (the announced shipping date). Wondering what their decision point was, FW wise.

Ted

Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

bertrand35 wrote:New system prompts:

480: Welcome to open tee ex!"
481: throttle warning
482: switch warning
483: bad eeprom
485: transmitter battery low
486: inactivity alarm
495: trim center
500: twenty seconds
501: thirty seconds
So if I create a sound for the thirty second warning I can name the sound 501.wav -- is this correct?

Also -- new sound mixer is cool -- Is it possible that (in the future) the Background Music can draw files from a discreet folder and play the files sequentially (or randomly). As I see it now (correct me if I'm wrong) I have to put all of the background music into a single file and place it in the root of the language folder (EN in my case). I KNOW this is not a high priority item -- it's just cool.
bertrand35
9x Developer

Post by bertrand35 »

These numbers are only for stock / gruvin9x boards! On ARM boards 501.wav will be timer30.wav

And yes that's the only solution now for the bg music.
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

bertrand35 wrote:These numbers are only for stock / gruvin9x boards! On ARM boards 501.wav will be timer30.wav

And yes that's the only solution now for the bg music.

Ok. Good explanation. I've been trying to assemble a list of all the system sounds. I noticed some duplication.

So I gather for the Taranis there are no numeric system sounds beyond 0169. (see attachment)
Attachments
Current System Sounds list.pdf
(95.69 KiB) Downloaded 529 times
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

"Duplicates" are units, singular and plural. In some languages they are the same ans in others they are different, so there are 2 assigned files.

Sent via mobile
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

Ok. That makes sense. So does this .pdf appear to be complete for the Taranis system sounds? The Red XXX are some that were in use at one time, but I'm not sure if they still are as they are not included in the current sound download (or I got them out of list provided the other day).
Attachments
Current System Sounds list.pdf
(100.42 KiB) Downloaded 514 times
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

Can someone with a sky board verify if this is just me, or a bug.

Create a new model.
Clear all mixes
Apply a sticky throttle cut template.

Does the create mix all end up broken?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Slope Soaring, FPV, and pretty much anything 'high tech'
...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
ReSt

Post by ReSt »

You must already have the thottle channel mix before you apply the sticky throttle cut.
It works like an add on to an existing throttle channel.

Reinhard
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

Aha. That would be why :)

...........if you think it should be in the wiki.. ask me for wiki access, then go add it!
kone

Post by kone »

hmm, i am still puzzled with system sounds and alerts on my 9x with r2491.
i can play sounds that i configure in custom functions, all fine there.
however i still cannot manage to get proper file played for rssi low, battery alarm etc.
I placed eg. rssi_org.wav, rssi_red.wav and some others under SOUNDS/en/SYSTEM but my radio still just signals RSSI errors with beeps rather than the wav-file it should use instead.

What am I doing wrong here?

thanks a lot in advance!
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

What board?

As far as I know the voice alerts for the alarms set on the telemetry page currently work only on Taranis, they haven't yet been ported to sky9x.
The thing is that handling is different, on 9x radios with a DJT that page sends alarm levels to the module, and the module beeps. On the Taranis and new XJT module there are no module alarms anymore and the telemetry protocol is completely different, leading to a separate implementation, and that's where the new audio files were added.
Backporting that to the 9x will probably require a setting to choose between both behaviors.
kone

Post by kone »

yeah, sorry to mention, but its a Sky9x Rev3 board with Frsky DJT.
Thanks a lot for your clarification. was just confused about the two different schemes with numbered waves for one cpu platform, named for others and some of them working only on the taranis.
well, i would love to see that kind of warnings on sky9x as well, since it happens quite often that the Tx is beeping, but it does not tell me what exactly is the issue at that moment. RSSI, A2 voltage,...?
even on the display there is no clear indication for the reason of the alarm, so i can only start guessing at that moment.

are there any plans to get that into the sky9x and frsky branch as well?
I fear that from now on the main focus will be put only on taranis while the other platforms will be kept behind which is a pitty, as the sky9x is a really great platform which is pretty close to taranis from it's hardware capabilities anyway...

thanks so far,
christian
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

kone wrote:even on the display there is no clear indication for the reason of the alarm, so i can only start guessing at that moment.
As mentioned it is the DJT that is beeping, not the radio.
kone wrote:are there any plans to get that into the sky9x and frsky branch as well?
I suppose so, but as mentioned the system is different so it may take a little while to figure out how to do it with the old system while still maintaining compatibility with existing model setups.
rokpedler

Post by rokpedler »

Plus One with kone's thoughts.
Same hardware, only for me the issue is that the alarm is hard for me to hear. I just completed installing the audio jack and haptic buzzer on my Sky9x board to possibly help my dilemma only to realize today that the alarm causing my concern is emanating from the DJT module and not the speaker. "My ears are old and worn". And I didn't realize until now what was actually taking place.
I too would like to find a solution.
Thanks,
Mike
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

rokpedler wrote:Plus One with kone's thoughts.
Same hardware, only for me the issue is that the alarm is hard for me to hear. I just completed installing the audio jack and haptic buzzer on my Sky9x board to possibly help my dilemma only to realize today that the alarm causing my concern is emanating from the DJT module and not the speaker. "My ears are old and worn". And I didn't realize until now what was actually taking place.
I too would like to find a solution.
Thanks,
Mike
I have a solution for you, but you might not like it so much (at first). I have three Sky9x boards as several in the family fly. I have 5 9x transmitters with either smartie mods or sky9x boards. I doubt they will be used much from here on out. Why? Taranis. I have had a Taranis to test and use for making videos since the first of June. Before receiving it, I totally planned to keep using my favorite sky9x tx as it's got tons of custom work with a gaudy paint job etc. The Taranis is absolutely incredible and unbelievable for the price. I hope I can sell my 9x Tx's before many people see a Taranis, or I'll never be able to get rid of them. As much as I've LOVED the 9x ride, I'm going to dismount and move on as soon as I can get my own Taranis. By the way -- the speaker on the Taranis is easy to hear unless there is a big gasser hovering nearby. But if you want, you can use earbuds.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

rokpedler wrote: I too would like to find a solution.
You can just use the custom switch / custom function way instead of the telemetry page alarms.

This was supposed to become the standard way of setting alarms as it is more customizable (you can use a file that says "main battery low" which is more explicit than a generic "A1 low") , and it was planned to remove the telemetry page ones on the Taranis as the system was different anyway. It was ultimately decided to keep and adapt them mostly for backwards compatibility with existing model setups imported from 9xs.

Sent via mobile
rokpedler

Post by rokpedler »

Thanks guys,
I had the money in my pocket for a Taranis when I went to the Toledo Show. It's truly on top of my wishlist. But it seems that's still gonna be a while before I get my hands on one. Even tried the"pre-buy". Fortunately for me, I only have 1 9x to sell. But when I finally do get my Taranis, I'll probably take my 9x with ver. 3 board and put it on a pedestal noting how it helped me down the "opentx" path in a Spektrum world.
You're correct Scott, "This is a great ride".
Mike
Hippo

Post by Hippo »

I skipped the previous version (r2413), so I don't know how new this is, but I'm having two sound related problems. I'm on a Sky9x RevB board.

First, all my sounds that I made made myself stopped working. They had been 22khz, 16bit PCM. I made them into uLaw, but that didn't fix it. Had to convert all the sounds to 16khz uLaw, and then all was good. So I guess something changed in the playback section.

Weirder problem. Now when a timer counts down I get 1 Minute..............................30 Seconds..........20 Seconds..........10 Seconds,10 Seconds,10 Seconds,10 Seconds,10 Seconds,10 Seconds,10 Seconds,10 Seconds,10 Seconds,10 Seconds,Beep,Beep,Beep...

It used to say 10 Seconds.......TickTock,TickTock,TickTock,Beep,Beep,Beep...

Repeating 10 seconds over and over doesn't seem right. I would prefer it say 20 Seconds..........10 Seconds.....5,4,3,2,1,Beep.

Is this the behavior that everyone else is getting? Did the filenames change?

Thanks,Dan
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

Hippo wrote:I skipped the previous version (r2413), so I don't know how new this is, but I'm having two sound related problems. I'm on a Sky9x RevB board.

First, all my sounds that I made made myself stopped working. They had been 22khz, 16bit PCM. I made them into uLaw, but that didn't fix it. Had to convert all the sounds to 16khz uLaw, and then all was good. So I guess something changed in the playback section.

Weirder problem. Now when a timer counts down I get 1 Minute..............................30 Seconds..........20 Seconds..........10 Seconds,10 Seconds,10 Seconds,10 Seconds,10 Seconds,10 Seconds,10 Seconds,10 Seconds,10 Seconds,10 Seconds,Beep,Beep,Beep...

It used to say 10 Seconds.......TickTock,TickTock,TickTock,Beep,Beep,Beep...

Repeating 10 seconds over and over doesn't seem right. I would prefer it say 20 Seconds..........10 Seconds.....5,4,3,2,1,Beep.

Is this the behavior that everyone else is getting? Did the filenames change?

Thanks,Dan
I can only help a little bit -- and I have good news and bad news. The good news is NOW a regular PCM WAV file works fine. The bad news it it must be 8kHz, 16kHz, or 32kHz. Ulaw and Alaw still work but are not required.
rdeanchurch

Post by rdeanchurch »

I jsut switched my RevB SkyNorth t9x to opentx 2491.
The sound files seem to be truncated to 6 characters. at least in c9x.

Am I missing something or is this a rule? I was hoping to just use the Taranis SOUNDS on OpenTxSky...or whatever is a good name for it.
Dean
OldDmbThms: 1. Takeoff, 2. Crash, 3. Repair, GOTO 1
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

Simple download a new sound pack got sky9x from companion.

Sound files should be the same!

Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Files are the same, but names are 6 chars max on sky9x vs 10 on Taranis, so if you want to use the same files you may need to rename some.
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

Hi
I am hoping that some one is keeping an eye on this thread,I have been searching for information about FAI switching
I fly in FAI competitions and believe that it s possible to "tern off" altimeter information within the telemetry screen in such a way that it has to be turned back on by connection to a computer
This means that altemeter/vario can be used for practice and then turned off for the competition
I have just got a Taranis 9d and flashed it with the latest firmware but cannot find any reference to the FAI "switch" facility
Your help please
Thanks Buce
Rob Thomson
Site Admin

Post by Rob Thomson »

This can only be done via 'companion' :-)
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

You need to check the "faichoice" option in companion before downloading the firmware.
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

Hi
I have just been to the frsky website and downloaded the latest firmware for companion but could not see a way to get into it to look for the FAI choice.It just downloads as a zip file?
Am I looking in the wrong place? :?:
Many thanks Bruce

Return to “openTx”