open9x and companion9x docs

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
bertrand35
9x Developer

Re: open9x and companion9x docs

Post by bertrand35 »

zdenek wrote:I do not understand what you mean. I have a r1692M in 'simu' and this option is still present.
Companion9x last release is a little bit old. I will do a new one this week. You will see this choice removed (as it is already in last open9x release).

Bertrand.

Helle

Post by Helle »

Hy zdenek,

@zdenek,
thanks for your translation in english it was the basis for the german manual
yes I will use the german screens , similar to your Czech manual and for the software-sreen structur like the france one
if possible with the latest revision 1855, some short things have changed, Global Variables at Kurves for examples,
Telemtrie screens, 3-17 pt kurves

How do you do it in Details? I would like to do it myself

@bertrand,
next days I will improve it and correct it ( Filters, more Details and so on..)
Basic was 1726 or older at Companion9x filter is aktiv to select
Companion aktuell version were are the global variable to set at Kurves menü?

Same more examples for standard mixers gliders, aerobatic,

German Screen for Heli Translation
now its only Pitch better rename it to Coll. Pitch or Collektiv Pitch

Helle
zdenek

Post by zdenek »

Helle wrote:...How do you do it in Details? I would like to do it myself...
The procedure is relatively simple, but requires a minimum ability to navigate in the source code in C/C++ and Linux installed.

I am working in Ubuntu 12.04LTS. How to launch compiling simulator "simu" is described here (it is originally in Czech, but Google translates it quite clear):

http://translate.google.cz/translate?sl ... %23p870957

Only, unlike the above instructions, I recommend you install Linux on a computer on a special disk partition (or on Windows using Wubi).

You then need to appropriately modify the Makefile, or (if you need to change the color of the "backlight") also simu.cpp.
Zdenek
Hlubocinka, Czech Republic
Helle

Post by Helle »

Hy zdenek,

yes, it wolud be very kind to get some more german screenshots

TX setup are normaly 4 screens at your download there are only 3screens.

I miss the all about curves and Gvars

Would be nice to get the missing one

Helle
Helle

Post by Helle »

Hy zdenek,

now I try in Linux as test system at CD/DVD
ubuntu 12.10

all ok after start and teminal
but at terminal after
sudo apt-get install subversion gcc-avr avr-libc-qt4 python g+ +
and
sudo apt-get install libfox-1.6-0 libfox-1.6-dev
I got error:
E: cant find gcc-avr and so on

where to find gcc and the others programms and librarys

Helle

JohnnyBGood

Post by JohnnyBGood »

Uhm, just a newbie here, opened link to (Here is the new "official" documentation.
http://code.google.com/p/open9x/downloa ... f&can=2&q=)
It opened in french the google translator asked if I wanted it translated. Of coarse since I dont read French I said yes, and it looks as if it translated it... Just a thought.
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

There are new features in the timer that I'm unsure of. "Persistent" the options shows up in the TX simulator in the model setup screen, but not in setup screen for companion. I've searched and searched and if it's in plain sight that's why I don't hunt Easter eggs. I had two very different ideas of what it's for -- One to count total model run time -- the other to set the time for the alarm to persist.
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

There are new features in the timer that I'm unsure of. "Persistent" the options shows up in the TX simulator in the model setup screen, but not in setup screen for companion. I've searched and searched and if it's in plain sight that's why I don't hunt Easter eggs. I had two very different ideas of what it's for -- One to count total model run time -- the other to set the time for the alarm to persist.
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

It jsut stores the timer value when powering the radio down/changing model, and reloads it next time you use the model.
Scott Page

Post by Scott Page »

Kilrah wrote:It jsut stores the timer value when powering the radio down/changing model, and reloads it next time you use the model.
Ok, that is excellent -- so somebody tracking the amount of time on a battery -- or on a glow plug could do that. Great.

I guess if I'm making these videos I'm going to need to learn the system better than I know now. Some features I ignore because I'm too insecure to ask and afraid of being flamed or belittled. I originally set out to do videos last year for FrSKY gear and (in RCG) I was belittled because the video was said to be "too slick and polished" like a pitch man. I said screw it and quit making the videos immediately and went back to crashing planes. Well, with Taranis introduced -- I think it's time to start again - and hopefully I can help the OpenTX project in a different way since I don't code anymore.
fishdude

Post by fishdude »

Hey Scott, please dont give up on those videos.
Much appreciated.

Thanks
davx

Post by davx »

Hi,

OpenTX documentation is already good but, unfortunately, it seems that the different languages are not totally in sync.

Could it be possible to define a "master" language (English seems to be the most evident) from which adds or mods could be done and only then, be translated in whatever language people want ?

The master doc should obviously be subject to validation by a member of the developing team then someone could work on the translating which again should be validated....

I've no idea on how this could be organized but I'm willing to help ;)

What do you think ?
Salty

Post by Salty »

Hi davx and others. I am new to opentx having recently flashed my new tgy9x and I have to congratulate the creators on an excellent piece of software.! I am a software project manager from Canada and I want to make myself available to contribute in any way possible. While I was trying to learn the software I searched long and hard for a good English manual and although the one translated from French is ok, it is already out of date and in some cases hard to understand. I think the wiki idea is great and I am happy to help with the English. Currently it seems there are a few versions of the English manual floating around including a half started wiki page. If but from what I saw it was difficult to acertain which version was the most recent and it was also hard to find consistent linking from the main opentx website. Again please let me know if I can help in any way.
offers

Post by offers »

Is it possible to me to edit the document?
is it kind of wikipedia somehow?

I looked in the documentation for the correct way to do Trainer calibration, since non of the logical way worked for me.
I found in under the Trainer section it written "Select the CAL field and press ENTER twice"
but that is not working as well
after about a week of trying again and again, I found issue 812
https://github.com/opentx/opentx/issues/812
"It's not broken, you have to press [MENU]"
I like to fix the document for others as well.
how?

Return to “openTx”