FrSky SP-FLVS - Smart Port Lipo Voltage Sensors on OTx

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
tommyt

FrSky SP-FLVS - Smart Port Lipo Voltage Sensors on OTx

Post by tommyt »

Hi all,

First let me say that even though I have flown RC for 38yrs I am a total nube to OTx and beyond basic setup of a model I know nothing about programing the radio, external sensors or LUA scrips. I am however the goto guy in the family for computer problems and have done some computer coding (visual Basic, HTML, CSS etc) so learning to write a LUA script probably wouldn't be too hard. All that being said,

I hope this is the correct forum to post this question since it has to do with programing my Horus X10s with OTx with a X8R receiver.

I am putting together a Freewing A-10 Warthog EDF with two motors, 2 ESC's and 2 6s batteries. Each 6s battery is connected to one ESC and motor.

I want to use two FrSky SP-FLVS - Smart Port Lipo Voltage Sensors (one for each battery) to give me individual cell voltage and total pack voltage readings of each battery on my radio. I would also like the radio to alert me when any individual cell in a pack goes below 70% discharge and again at 80% so that I can land without stressing the batteries.

If only total pack voltage can be displayed for each pack on the main screen, I would be okay with that as long as the radio will still announce that my pack are 70% depleted and again at 80%. It would be nice of course to see individual cell voltage on another screen if that is possible?

So my first question is how do I wire the TWO FrSky SP-FLVS - Smart Port Lipo Voltage Sensors into my smart port so that the radio sees both 6s batteries independently and all 12 cells.

Second question, how do I set this up in the Horus x10s to display the voltages and alerts? Is the programing already there or do I need a LUA script?

Thanks a bunch!

Regards,
Tom

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: FrSky SP-FLVS - Smart Port Lipo Voltage Sensors on OTx

Post by MikeB »

To use two SP-FLVS sensors, you need to change the physical ID of one of them.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

Return to “openTx”