"Smart" Throttle Cut?

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
mapes12

"Smart" Throttle Cut?

Post by mapes12 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:27 am

I've previously been using Ersky9X on my Taranis. There is a menu screen Safety Switches where it's an easy entry to enable a throttle cut that not only disables the throttle but also won't allow it to arm unless the THR stick is in the fully down position. A great safety feature. I'm trying OpenTx 2.2.1 where there is not a Safety Switches screen. After Googling it appears the only way to replicate in OpenTx what the Ersky9X safety feature does is to programme two Logical switches and then a Special Function line. Is there an easier way?

Daedalus66

"Smart" Throttle Cut?

Post by Daedalus66 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:52 am

As you have discovered, the Special Functions Override does a similar job to ErSky9x Safety Switch.

Here’s what it looks like (except I can’t do a down arrow with my iPad):
SF1 SFdn Overrride CH1 -100

The first column is Special Function number (1 to 64), second is the switch used to apply it, third is the name of the Special Function, fourth is the channel to be overridden when applied, fifth is the value to be applied, and finally there’s a checkbox to activate the function.

I haven’t looked into how to make the override sticky (like ErSky9x Safety Switch “X”) but presumably that would require logical switches. I too would like to know.

mapes12

Re: "Smart" Throttle Cut?

Post by mapes12 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:14 pm

I've taken screenshots from the vid. In the vid CH3 is THR and SG is the switch. 3 lines of programming compared to one in Ersky9X.
Attachments
Special Function.JPG
Logical.JPG

Daedalus66

"Smart" Throttle Cut?

Post by Daedalus66 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:05 pm

Here’s a discussion of throttle cut, sticky and not.

http://www.rcadev.info

There doesn’t seem to be any one-step way to get sticky.

Note: previous link didn’t work. This one gets you to the site; the throttle cut stuff is in OpenTX item 03.

Return to “openTx”