OpenTx not backing up all models

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
GlidingFool

OpenTx not backing up all models

Post by GlidingFool »

Good morning folks.

When hitting "Read Models and Settings from radio", I get 5 models in a new document. Unfortunately, there are 6 : (

Taranis X9D+
Mac computer
Using Companion V2.2.1.
Radio firmware: 2.2.1 (cca71808)

Gurus, please explain!

Further info:

A backup now produces two files: name.bin and name-firmwareversion.bin. The former does not include the 6th model, the latter does. WTF??

Several hours later and many more attempts, I have Seven models in both the the Radio and the backup file. I have tried performing backup / restore. Quitting the program before and after backing up, before and after ejecting drives related to Radio.

In addition to problems with the Models, I also have issues with transferring radio configuration settings like Global functions.

Perhaps my technique / usb cable is dodgy (hence the attempts with different technique). I have tried different cables / ports / accounts on the computer.

As things stand, I would say that I have a less than 30% chance of changes in either the Taranis or Companion being transferred to the other side.

Many thanks in advance

Kilrah

Re: OpenTx not backing up all models

Post by Kilrah »

GlidingFool wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:41 am A backup now produces two files: name.bin and name-firmwareversion.bin. The former does not include the 6th model, the latter does.
That makes no sense at all... What command/fucntion are you using to back up in the first place? Where are you saving things? Do you have companion configured to the correct radio type?
If you disconnect the radio and do a read from radio, do you get something? That would happen if you have messed with files manually and copied some from the radio to the root of another drive that your computer currently has access to.
GlidingFool

Re: OpenTx not backing up all models

Post by GlidingFool »

Hi Kilrah.

First: many thanks for taking an interest. I appreciate your contributions!

Now:
I am using Companion 2.2.1 on my 2012 iMac running OSX 10.13.3 which has two drives - an SSD for OS and spinning disk for data inside the computer. Companion runs on the SSD and all the data is on the data drive.

So: based on your comment, I have immediately moved everything onto the SSD to see if the behaviour is different. I updated all the paths, did the three finger salute and tried again . . . I tried "Read Models and Settings from radio" and Hallelujiah! (all 7 models)

As simple as that?

No. Then I tried "Backup Radio to File" and although there are 8 models on the radio, only 7 came across. I have included the debug file. Hope that makes life easier.

Will continue testing. Cheers for now.

Andrew
Attachments
CompanionDebug_18-03-26_10-39-32.log
(16.05 KiB) Downloaded 278 times

Return to “openTx”