Maintenance mode

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
pafleraf

Re: Maintenance mode

Post by pafleraf »

Exactly, that was my mess while writing the Horus bootloader. I think I had issues with the linker file. I did not see any harm, as the previous code was preventing overwriting the bootloader anyway. If I find some time, I might revert to loading everything into RAM, but I'm not sure it would be so useful, as nobody at OpenTX seems to know that the bootloader could be updated directly from the bootloader itself ;-)

MikeB
9x Developer

Re: Maintenance mode

Post by MikeB »

I wrote the bootloader originally for the Atmel processor. This provides a routine in ROM to allow writing to the flash memory. When I ported the bootloader to the STM processor, I decided to run it from RAM so it wasn't trying to read from flash memory while also writing to it. There was never any idea to allow the bootloader to update itself as, if something went wrong during the update, you might end with a non-functioning bootloader, that also prevented the main program from running.

Mike
erskyTx/er9x developer
The difficult we do immediately,
The impossible takes a little longer!

Return to “openTx”