TRSS on DSMX receiver

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
rcyoda

TRSS on DSMX receiver

Post by rcyoda »

I'm testing DSMX receiver with MultiprotocolTX. It works well, just in telemetry it gives TRSS instead of RSSI. In addition TRSS seems to have different values range than RSSI.

How to instruct OpenTX to use TRSS instead of RSSI in telemetry?

What is TRSS range and on which level it is best to setup up the alarms?

rcyoda

Re: TRSS on DSMX receiver

Post by rcyoda »

Kind of replying to myself :) https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthr ... ry-sensors

Question remains though if there is a way to replace RSSI with TRSS for particular model (along with alarm thresholds), to use standard alarms on low and critical range.

Another solution is to setup standard alarms using logical switches and special functions, but simpler solution would be to point TRSS as RSSI source...
3djc

Re: TRSS on DSMX receiver

Post by 3djc »

I think this raises the question on where should the adaptation layer come from. We certainly do not want to release a version of OpenTX each time a new protocol is been supported by multi and new module types. Sure in a new eeprom version of OpenTX, we could allow to chose which sensor RSSI is coming from and exctend the limits, still it would not garantee that any exotic combination could be managed. And yes, you can always make your own for less standard equipement (and I realize we could debate forever what standard is :)

3djc

Return to “openTx”