OpenTX - Issue with telemetry and "toggle" function

openTx has introduced a range of new features, ideas and bling. It is fast becoming the firmware of choice for many users. openTx will run on ALL current hardware platforms, including the gruvin9x and sky9x boards. Work has already started to support the new FrSky X9D radio!
cm76

OpenTX - Issue with telemetry and "toggle" function

Post by cm76 »

Hello everybody,

I'm still a novice in the OpenTX world and have a question that unfortunately I can not find an answer to. I am using a Taranis QX7 with OpenTX 2.2.1 with a X8R receiver and a Pixhawk 2.4.8:
According to all the instructions, there is a function "Toggle" in the Special Functions for momentary-switches (in my case the SH switch) to use the button differently depending on the duration of the operation. See link to OpenTX 2.2.1 manual: https://opentx.gitbooks.io/opentx-taran ... tions.html
I wanted to use SH for "Return to Home" for short and "Land" for long operation. But: The function neither in the QX7 nor in the Companion? So

Furthermore I have major programming / simulation problems with telemetry and logic switches. Here is my complete configuration: Quadcopter 650 class, Pixhawk 2.4.8 with Copter 3.5.5 rc1, Taranis X8R, Flight Deck Telemetry (Craft & Theory), Taranis Q X7 with Open TX 2.2.1. Autodiscover finds the the sensors, but I can not use the values in the simulation. Example:
I tried to program a Logical Switch to restrict the function of the foldable landing gear with a> x alt 2,0m. Nothing happens in the simulation, no matter which setting. Same with all other telemetry values.

I Would be glad about any help or suggestions.

Regards,

Chris

Kilrah

Re: OpenTX - Issue with telemetry and "toggle" function

Post by Kilrah »

"XXt" toggles were kind of a hack before something better was done.
In current versions you can use a "Sticky" logical switch with both triggers set to the same switch position to recreate a toggle.
cm76

Post by cm76 »

Thanks for this info. Does anyone have an idea regarding the telemetry sim?
Kilrah

Post by Kilrah »

Rereading your post you mention short and long presses too, that's done using the "Edge" LS type.

It'is not clear what your "alt" value comes from. The telemetry simulator simulates standard FrSky sensors, so will not work with the "proprietary" C&T stuff.

Return to “openTx”